PDA

View Full Version : WANG 10th Birthday Party Sat 14th November

ElectroElvis
06-09-2009, 10:24 AM
WANG is 10.....

This November WANG will have been putting on parties for 10 years!

To say a huge thanks to all you WANGers that have supported us over the years by coming to our parties, and for all the amazing times you have therefore given us, we will be celebrating in the only way we know how, with a great big dirty warehouse rave party! 8-)

We are currently hard at work planning are most outragous party yet..
We feel the line-up reflects some of the highlights of the last 10 years.
You can rest assured that all the sound systems will be totally unrestricted and firing on all cylinders with the sweetest heavy heavy bass sounds that make your nose twitch and your eyeballs vibrate!
Since the very start of WANG we have had a strong presence of mind-bending visuals to take your brain to another dimension and for 10th birthday party we've upped the ante yet again, with the largest old-school TV video wall seen since the 1980's, featuring over 1.5 tonnes of TV screens.
We will also have enough lights (including the Europe's largest collection of Goldenscans), lasers and strobes and blind a small army.

This is all due to take place on
Saturday 14th November 2009
Line-up so far....

Squarepusher - Rave & Bass set
Simian Mobile Disco - DJ Set
Andrew Weatherall
Plaid
Mark Broom
Radioactive Man - live
Bass Junkie
Dexorcist
Richard Sen aka Padded Cell
Posthuman - live
Vibration Dub Sound System
Julian Fairshare
Soul Jazz DJs

Many more acts on the way - Keep checking www.wanging.com for more info

WANG - Defending the dance underground

electroplated
21-09-2009, 11:16 AM
That's a great lineup if ever I saw one! Birng on the lazers :D

Jay Pace
21-09-2009, 05:39 PM
My god thats a good lineup.

I've tried and failed 3 times to get into a wang party. Always too rammed.

Bah.

ElectroElvis
21-09-2009, 06:44 PM
My god thats a good lineup.

I've tried and failed 3 times to get into a wang party. Always too rammed.

Bah.

Hi Jay
Glad you like the line-up, we're pulling out all the stops to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We've got Steve Bedlam providing huge Noise Control rigs for 2 of the rooms, and Twan, who did lights for the Ratpack parties way back in the day, providing a bang on light show with loads of Goldenscans and Moonflowers.
I'm sorry to hear that you've never been able to get in to one of our parties before, I guess unlike some promoters, we have a policy of trying not to let too many people in as we recon it spoils the night for everybody.
We normally sell advance tickets for the parties that we expect to be busy, so that all our regulars can get in, so maybe that's the way to go.
We will infact have some reduced price early bird tickets available hopefully by the end of this week, which means you can both save money and make sure you'll definitely get in.
Nice1
E.E.

Jay Pace
21-09-2009, 07:32 PM
hehe nah was always my fault, turning up late and disorganised.

Live on the wrong side of the world these days, but would be there in a flash otherwise. Sure it will be cracking.

ElectroElvis
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Tickets are £15 and are now on sale from http://bleep.com/index.php?page=stock_details&releaseid=218
and sounds of the universe record shop, 7 broadwick street, soho. Tel 020 7734 3430

ElectroElvis
15-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Hi there
the full line-up is:

Squarepusher - Rave&Bass set
Simian Mobile Disco - DJ set
Andrew Weatherall
Plaid - live
Mark Broom
Radioactive Man - live
Bass Junkie & Dexorcist - back to back set
Richard Sen aka Padded Cell
Posthuman - live
CJ Marshall
Downshifter
Lukey Roots QC and the Vibration Dub Soundsystem
MC Ishu
Zion Bru
Julian Fairshare
Soul Jazz DJs
brought to you by Electro Elvis and Lula (WANG)

WANG
10 Years Of... Defending the dance underground
Saturday 14th November 2009

Check website for more info
http://www.wanging.com

xes
15-10-2009, 08:32 AM
It's also the last party at the Foundry before it. Ugly funk. Which looks like a good night. Could well fit both into a night of debauchery :cool:

Will there be tickets on the door for this?

ElectroElvis
15-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi there
I'm sure the foundry will be a right larf.
Regarding tickets on the door, it will probably be okay, but that really does depend on how many tickets we sell in advance. Tickets have been selling very well already, and we do have a limited capacity.
Once we get to our set capacity, we always stop letting any more people in. We don't like turning people away, but we don't think it's fair for those already at the party to let too many people in, as there is nothing worse than a party that you cannot move (and more importantly dance) at because it's too packed.
We know quite a few people going to the foundary, and so IF we still have tickets available, we may have someone there selling them on the night to make it easier for people who want to go on to WANG.
Nice 1
Elvis

ElectroElvis
21-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Here is the flyer 8-)

278d7e64a374de26f==