PDA

View Full Version : cubasers to the resque

VOMATRON
27-01-2004, 01:58 AM
hi people
im having some trouble with cubase, ive only just started using it, and any instrument, no matter which or how many, i get feedback of the sound
this is regardless of i use a midi keyboard or not, which i dont have , ihave a dx7...but you get the point
like f.ex., if i hit some drumsound or synth from a vst, on the cubase keyboard, then it starts feedbacking

anyone know why this is happening? as soon as i restart my song it disappears, but when i stoip it, some kinda sound always starts to feedback, drone, w/e :(

i been through every possibility form ASIO driver to midi settings, but it really didnt enlighten me much, so it might be a problem with one of these...
if anyone knows what it can be id much appreciate some link to an earlier post, to another site or an explanation if you have time for it

thanks

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2004, 02:30 AM
really looks like u have set the asio driver wrong...

what settings r u using??

Press F12 and let us know if u R having any overload in cpu or disk.

Z

VOMATRON
27-01-2004, 02:37 AM
it never passes 20 on the performance meter, migL...dont know if it could still be the ASIO driver, but it doesnt look like its overloadoing...

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Have u changed the asio buffer? make it bigger...
also make sure u r running the cubase project with the same sample/bit rate has yer soundcard's clock! Cubase should b using it as it's master!

Z

messyfuture
27-01-2004, 01:14 PM
u could try this as well.....

options....audio setup....system....then change the monitoring tab to 'Gobal Disable'

This will work for cubase 5 i'm sure Z can tell u how to change this option if ur using sx

i used to have this problem when i was trying to record audio.....it worked for me

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Just go devices,device setup , VST multitrack.. play with the direct monitoring settings.. maybe u r creating a feedback (i was waiting 2 make sure it wasn't a driver prob first and then move on 2 this!!)

If record... try 2 mute the channel u r recording just in case, this way u record it 2 it won't play thru the output!

Z

Let us know the results

VOMATRON
27-01-2004, 02:31 PM
thanks a lot, ive been trying these things out before too, but not much change is happening except if i change the buffer size radically

i have 2 options of ASIO driver in the multitrack menu...

1. ASIO directX full duplex driver

2. ASIO multimedia driver

im using a dmx6fire 1024 soundcard, and now im wondering if this card is even good enough for use with cubase...since there isnt a specific dmx6fire driver i can choose in the menu, i guess i either dont have one that works prpertly or it doesnt support it, could this be whats wrong?

il keep trying diffrent things. again, thanks for the help

BloodStar
27-01-2004, 02:56 PM
as mentioned above, first try to reinstall the driver for a soundcard, then reinstall cubase, and then u'll see if it helped :lol:

VOMATRON
27-01-2004, 03:17 PM
noone mentioned this above, but i tried both things, and its still the same shite :cry:

im usually never give up on these things, bt this is just about too confusing for me

maybe i didnt explain it well enough too...when i meen it feedbacks, i mean if i stop the song on a snare for example, it keeps feedbackin on this snare, as a drilling sound, until i start it over, and then it feedbacks on this place i stopped, and so on so on[/quote]

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2004, 05:33 PM
m8, a l,ot of the new soundcards (xpecially USB/ Firewire) ain't that easy 2 install, most of them require u 2 go back 2 control panel/ system/ audio/ midi drivers right click and then update the drivers... after properly installed they should show up just fine in the cubase asio config, as long as yer soundcard has such drivers!

Most people don't read the install instuctions, this sort of probs is happening quite often!!

Z

VOMATRON
27-01-2004, 07:34 PM
my soundcard isnt a new one, and its a PCI card...and on the homepage (terratec) there is no information about ASIO or anything that can inform me that it supports this, i just gotta trust that they have the newest drivers there...who else would have them...

a strange thing though...when i ran a buffer detection, it just kept on going, and i had to stop the program entirely
also i noticed that changing the buffer size, only really affects the input latency, not the output, even though i change both

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a Soundcard up grade :(

Maybe this ...http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=1345#

or even better the 410 firewire...

Z

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Personally I would recomend and choose RME HDSP 9632 anyday!! :)

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/hdsp/hdsp9632.htm

I went on terratec's site and u can see that u probably have a less then perfect instalation... Up date the driver, also maybe u should re-install Sx just in case... if both are all rigth then u should b able 2 find the terratec Asio Driver in cubase config pannels!!

from the site"...WDM driver for Windows 98SE/ ME/2000 and Windows XP Supports ASIO 2.0 ..."

Click here 2 go to the download drivers page (http://productsen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=107)

Version 5.4

Click here 4 DMX6 Cubase SX tutorial (http://productsen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=334)

This better work... I hope it's just a RTFM prob!!!**

From they're FAQ ...

Question 17:

Does the DMX 6fire work together with Cubase VST from Steinberg?

Answer 17:

Yes. Especially by using the ASIO 2.0 driver very low latency time will be possible.

Question 18:

Are there any special points to consider by the installation of the DMX 6fire under Windows 2000 or XP?

Answer 18:

It is strongly recommended that you log on these systems as "Administrator". Otherwise it may be that speaker configuration can not be changed.

Let us know!

Z

** Read the Friggin Manual ehehehe :P ;)

VOMATRON
27-01-2004, 10:31 PM
i did RTFM ;)

but you see...this youve been looking at is the dmx6fire 24/96 card...loads of info on that one, i been through a lot for comparison...thing is it got nothing to do with the one i have, which is the 1024, an older model

now i could try to install this driver for the 24/96, but not sure its a good idea, since they arent at all similar soundcards...sorry you went through that much to find this out. maybe i should try to send terratec a mail, cause the faq also only goes for the 24/96 i think :/

VOMATRON
27-01-2004, 10:39 PM
weird, now they even took down the driver for the card i have...it was there yesterday! :shock:

DJZeMig_L
28-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Mail' em asap... also start gathering some cash m8, I think it's about that time...! :(

Z

VOMATRON
28-01-2004, 01:03 PM
asolutely....its starting to get good...but expansion is needed soon

DJZeMig_L
28-01-2004, 01:07 PM
fire way boyeeeh! :P

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==