PDA

View Full Version : Your worst acid techno moment?

DarkYoung
12-09-2009, 11:15 AM
for quite a few years i actually thought that lawrie immersion was his actual full name.

or i thought he was called lawrie immerson or summat.

weak i know.

People_Mover
12-09-2009, 11:46 PM
My worst acid techno moment came in 2003 at a free party on the South Downs - some geezer kept following me around, convinced that I was dealing K. I managed to give him the slip, and sneaked off to my car for a bit of a snooze. Sometime later - not sure how long it was - I woke up with a jolt as the same geezer was rocking my car and banging on the side window shouting "OI YOU GOT ANY K?! ANY K MATE? OI!!!!!!!!!!". I tell you, there are some very strange people in Sussex.......

DarkYoung
13-09-2009, 07:05 AM
in 2006/7 ? i went to a free party in wales, for some ****ed up reason i took some records wanting to play. anyway it turned into a really really messy party. i took a lot of acid, pills and way too much coke i then tried to get on the decks, after a few minutes i was discretely led away from the DJ booth, and made a complete fool of myself.

ah i can laugh about it now.

xes
13-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I've never done anything, ever, to make myself look like a cunt, especially when I've been completly munted. Oh no sir :whoops:

davethedrummer
14-09-2009, 05:47 PM
played the same track twice in birmingham last month
the beauty of handwritten cds eh ?

rhythmtech
14-09-2009, 05:59 PM
too many to mention.

one that springs to mind was playin all 3 remixes + original of that old rebel yelle track (including the cool dub remix), 1 after another and thinkin i was the bizz :embarrassed:

at an after party in poland a few years back, askin henry to let me know when it was time for my flight home, only to later realise i should have asked him to remind me 2 hours before hand.. ended up coming home nearly penniless as i had to get a hotel for a night and another flight :embarrassed:

got munted on K with the havok lads in tysenn st bout 15 years ago while we were all meant to be playin in their little side room. needless to say people were strolling in, looking at us, havin a right laugh and moving on again.

first time ever playin on lawrie's old rig. first record on (the old technoslut with all the snares), thought i was being "da man", killed the highs just before it all kicks in but instead of bringing the highs back in i missed the knob and ended up cranking the gain!!! couple of deaf munters in the front i'd say! :lol::lol:.. and lawrie nearly had a kitten.

playin in bow road party after someone, i started with exactly the same record he finished on. total brain fart.

ive more and ill add them when i think of em.

djfilthmonger
14-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I went all the way to london at the start of the year to catch an acid techno afterparty. not sure who was playing chris lib and ddr defo and i cant think of the rest. it started at like 9am and was to be finished at ard 2r 3 that day. I ended up going on a mad one the night before down hackney. by the time i made it to the club it was over.

DannyBlack
14-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Bergers birthday in the cellar in Tramore, we got told to pack up and **** off because I played waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard. :lol: I'm actually proud of that tbh.

djfilthmonger
14-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Bergers birthday in the cellar in Tramore, we got told to pack up and **** off because I played waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard. :lol: I'm actually proud of that tbh.

that was more of schranz moment. that was actually funny out

morbid
14-09-2009, 11:22 PM
playin in bow road party after someone, i started with exactly the same record he finished on. total brain fart.

same but worse...

playing after Steve Kyte at a party with about 10 of the same records he just put on.

Producer cranking the decks up to plus 8 every time I picked out a new record at a night and laughing when I tried to sort it out and slow it down.

various K based delusions where the vinyl appears to be stopped so you press play and oooooops

The_Laughing_Man
14-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Popping the shutters on a warehouse in P****gton, london, looking to party it the following weekend, lifting the shutters up to be faced with a shop floor, people working, never legged it so fast in my life.

Nailing up a door to the roof at on of our parties in *****loo (from the roof, we were then gonna climb down onto the fire escape and get back in) to stop munters from getting up there, drove in last nail, 2 K`d up italians kick door down, which landed on top of us.

Too many to mention really.

Athar
15-09-2009, 09:53 AM
my was few days ago when ive discovered that someone has ripped all scythe releases into mp3 and sharing free over the p2p programs like emule or soulseek

we never selling scythe on mp3... just to keep vinyl alive

the worst propably is the ripper it was polish guy which "supporting acid techno scene" and "he would just like to get all scythe releases on mp3" (i can imagine his arguments)

it means my years of education to people in Poland and hundret of hours spent with chating, explaining and talking over internet, radio and in real - is gone!
.... and we get no effect! :(

Si the Sigh
15-09-2009, 10:44 AM
The day the music died...

...and then on the seventh day, AP was born.

Hail to teh new King!!!1

xes
15-09-2009, 01:12 PM
There was that time I asked some bird who was kind of hunched down in the squatting position if she was ok. She replied "F*ck off, I'm having a piss" :lol:

Jay Pace
15-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Saw a guy get stabbed to death at a free party after sonar.
That was a downer.

DannyBlack
15-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I saw a guy dead of a Heart attack- not nice seeing someones last moments.

The_Laughing_Man
15-09-2009, 07:58 PM
my was few days ago when ive discovered that someone has ripped all scythe releases into mp3 and sharing free over the p2p programs like emule or soulseek

the worst propably is the ripper it was polish guy which "supporting acid techno scene" and "he would just like to get all scythe releases on mp3" (i can imagine his arguments)

it means my years of education to people in Poland and hundret of hours spent with chating, explaining and talking over internet, radio and in real - is gone!

Well, by not releasing digitally you are closing off your market.
I don`t DJ any more, so I don`t buy vinyl.
I buy all my music digitally. If there is osmething I like that is vinyl only, I will download an illegal rip.
So the artist has lost my sale.
You can`t stop piracy, but if you make your music available on all formats, those that love the music will pay for it.

Vinyl usually gets ripped the same day as release, so not selling digital versions of your vinyl does absolutely nothing to stop piracy.

Vinyl is very expensive and most people these days don`t want to pay £8 for an ep of which they may only like 1 track.

Sad state of affairs, but reality is reality. Embrace the future or get left behind in the ditch is what I say.

APC
15-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Every moment of my acid techno life has been ****ing well proper!

DarkYoung
15-09-2009, 08:54 PM
That was a downer.

jesus. any funny anecdotes dude?

rhythmtech
15-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I buy all my music digitally. If there is osmething I like that is vinyl only, I will download an illegal rip.
You can`t stop piracy, but if you make your music available on all formats, those that love the music will pay for it.

Vinyl usually gets ripped the same day as release, so not selling digital versions of your vinyl does absolutely nothing to stop piracy.

Vinyl is very expensive and most people these days don`t want to pay £8 for an ep of which they may only like 1 track.

Sad state of affairs, but reality is reality. Embrace the future or get left behind in the ditch is what I say.

i have to say athar that i agree with steve 100%

i think to limit yourself to vinyl is a bad move for the label. supplying in a vinyl format is definitly to be applauded but mp3, in this day and age, is going to reach a much bigger market 9whether it be legal or not).

xes
16-09-2009, 08:42 AM
That was a downer.

I remember i saw a guy being "led" towards the fencing by the bouncers at a helter skelter. He was screaming " no no no no" as they handed him over to some dark figures on the other side of the fence.

I also walked into the "toilet" at an exodus, only to find the floor covered in blood and 4 burly looking geezers in there. Luckily I was tripping pretty hard, and pretended i was looking for a sandwich machine. Heard from someone later on, that a guy had got his throat cut in there, for ripping someone off.

Athar
16-09-2009, 05:54 PM
i have to say athar that i agree with steve 100%

i think to limit yourself to vinyl is a bad move for the label. supplying in a vinyl format is definitly to be applauded but mp3, in this day and age, is going to reach a much bigger market 9whether it be legal or not).

thanks guys for the comment, really appreciated it

ive thought all the time if something will be strictly limited on vinyl and unavailable (legaly) on mp3 then dj's and collectors which like the release will buy it on vinyl because they have no other options and it will help to survive the label.

but slowly im thinking about moving into digital option too,
yeah i know we can't win with the piracy - its sad but very true,
as far i know most of the digital releases are "ripped and releases (again)" inside the piracy scene too, faster than vinyl version im affraid,
i seen the statistics (in polish newspaper) that 9 of 10 mp3's way of downloads are total illegaly,
only one of ten getting a chance to earn some bullshit money by label on it, scary isn't ?

anyway i would like to stay with releases on wax,
it is very important part of the techno subculture and i cant imagine future with the music only in digital version, it sounds like worst nightmare for me.

DarkYoung
16-09-2009, 06:30 PM
it is very important part of the techno subculture and i cant imagine future with the music only in digital version, it sounds like worst nightmare for me.
+1

The_Laughing_Man
16-09-2009, 06:39 PM
thanks guys for the comment, really appreciated it

ive thought all the time if something will be strictly limited on vinyl and unavailable (legaly) on mp3 then dj's and collectors which like the release will buy it on vinyl because they have no other options and it will help to survive the label.

but slowly im thinking about moving into digital option too,
yeah i know we can't win with the piracy - its sad but very true,
as far i know most of the digital releases are "ripped and releases (again)" inside the piracy scene too, faster than vinyl version im affraid,
i seen the statistics (in polish newspaper) that 9 of 10 mp3's way of downloads are total illegaly,
only one of ten getting a chance to earn some bullshit money by label on it, scary isn't ?

anyway i would like to stay with releases on wax,

A label is now a medium of promotion.
Neither vinyl nor mp3 make much money, but the promotion will secure gigs and other avenues of revenue.
You can always sell merchandise at gigs.

The main point is to not try to fight or remain still against something that can not be beat. The best plan is to go around the problem, capitalise on it and work out what advantages can be taken from the situation. Adapt and survive.

Athar
17-09-2009, 02:13 AM
thx for the good point, couldn't agree more,
its all about chameleon effect isn't?
adapt (mutate) > then survive

xes
17-09-2009, 01:13 PM
oh, and one of my worst acid techno moments, is available for download somewhere on the internet :grr: :lol:

(I was VERY DRUNK)

(infact, Athar was there on the night, but luckily missed my "set" :lol: )

Athar
17-09-2009, 01:26 PM
oh, and one of my worst acid techno moments, is available for download somewhere on the internet :grr: :lol:

(I was VERY DRUNK)

(infact, Athar was there on the night, but luckily missed my "set" :lol: )

you mean party called Serious Business last year ?

as far i remember (i was drunk too!) it was cool party,
really enjoyed all mixes by all guys there mate! :wink:

xes
17-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I was the warm up, you got there a bit later (so did everyone else luckily :lol: ) There was only about 20 people there, all of who I knew quite well, so it didn't really matter. F*ck it, innit :cheese: (you're right, it was a good party)

DarkYoung
18-09-2009, 12:34 AM
I was the warm up, you got there a bit later (so did everyone else luckily :lol: ) There was only about 20 people there, all of who I knew quite well, so it didn't really matter. F*ck it, innit :cheese: (you're right, it was a good party)
ffs dude im sure you were ok

Jay Pace
18-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Remember blethering with a random for ages at a party, and mid conversation he freaked out and started scrabbling on the ground.

When I asked what was wrong he looked at me with a red fleshy socket where his eyeball should have been and said in his thick Glaswegian accent "I cannae find me eye"

We found it a few minutes later. Weirded me right out though.

DarkYoung
18-09-2009, 12:57 AM
got knocked clean out on k at a squat party at a massage parlour in sheffield.

a big mushroom fell on my head from the psychedelic display.

rhythmtech
18-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Remember blethering with a random for ages at a party, and mid conversation he freaked out and started scrabbling on the ground.

When I asked what was wrong he looked at me with a red fleshy socket where his eyeball should have been and said in his thick Glaswegian accent "I cannae find me eye"

We found it a few minutes later. Weirded me right out though.

:eek::eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Loop
18-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Dislocated my jaw at Lift in Edinburgh during a cracking intense set from Paul C. Had to quietly leave the dancefloor and pull it back into place, didn't feel a thing due to some particularly flavoursome rolexes. Dont think ive ever told anyone.

xes
18-09-2009, 08:44 AM
No, seriously, Dark Young, listen to it.
http://www.serious-business.org.uk/audio.shtml

My worst moment, to share with you all :) :lol:

edit, cos my excuse (other than being hammered) was I forgot my headphones, and the ones Boycey gave me were shit. :ruparanoid:

gunjack
18-09-2009, 01:31 PM
wtf are henry and them on about? i play the same record three or four times in a set and it ain't no accident.....

rhythmtech
18-09-2009, 03:04 PM
wtf are henry and them on about? i play the same record three or four times in a set and it ain't no accident.....

so?

DannyBlack
18-09-2009, 03:06 PM
ain't no accident.....

Thats a double negative.

DarkYoung
18-09-2009, 06:43 PM

edit, cos my excuse (other than being hammered) was I forgot my headphones, and the ones Boycey gave me were shit. :ruparanoid:
thankyou i was going to pm you f0r a listen.

im looking forward to hearing it perversely.

i know for sure i've done as worse. i wouldn't worry about it.

DarkYoung
18-09-2009, 09:53 PM

listen dude we can all be our own worst enemy.

http://www.fictionontheweb.co.uk/top250films/The_Lives_of_Others.jpg

i've listened expecting it to be really shit like you said.

and instead i've genuinely liked it. really hard from the offset and got a good hard sound to it,
ok you had shit headphones but i loved the first 24 mins and from about 35 mins. lost it in the middle i think, i think you were being over-ambitious with your tune selection there, and some mad headrush i expect!!)

i think you worry too much, just keep practicing and nail it for when you play out again next.

Crisp
18-09-2009, 10:19 PM

it's sad, but what we can do my friend in todays world? unfortunately i think we can't do nothing with this.

btw. you heard about affair with Kazik (polish artist)? someone from recording studio stole a material for new "Kult" album and share it on p2p and internet before official release. that is ****ing unbelievable. :eek: you know what Kazik said on his blog? "Każdy kto podniósł kradzione jest dla mnie kurwą." and i completly agree with him.

djfilthmonger
19-09-2009, 02:35 AM
listen dude we can all be our own worst enemy.

http://www.fictionontheweb.co.uk/top250films/The_Lives_of_Others.jpg

i've listened expecting it to be really shit like you said.

and instead i've genuinely liked it. really hard from the offset and got a good hard sound to it,
ok you had shit headphones but i loved the first 24 mins and from about 35 mins. lost it in the middle i think, i think you were being over-ambitious with your tune selection there, and some mad headrush i expect!!)

i think you worry too much, just keep practicing and nail it for when you play out again next.

this day last year?

Technologic
20-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Turned the montors down at Geezers "Ave Some of That..." album launch which, due o the set up lead to a massive delay from the master, leaving my mixing rather shoddy. Live and learn.

Another one was taking my rig to a house party and forgetting headphones with no back up.

Clubbing at the Complex years ago i walked out to a beautful sunny morning, put my hoody on the wrong way around and the hood went over my face, leading to a "who turned out the lights?" moment and much embarressment.

Various others that i'm happy to have forgotten.

speed-it-up
22-09-2009, 02:33 PM
in 2006/7 ? i went to a free party in wales, for some ****ed up reason i took some records wanting to play. anyway it turned into a really really messy party. i took a lot of acid, pills and way too much coke i then tried to get on the decks, after a few minutes i was discretely led away from the DJ booth, and made a complete fool of myself.

ah i can laugh about it now.

That sounds very familiar...
Was the party up a mountain by any chance?

My personal acid techno lowpoint was that Batman acid techno tune. Weak.

xes
22-09-2009, 03:24 PM
yeah but it's the flipside to Buzzbomb, so it's got a good side to it. :cool:

DarkYoung
22-09-2009, 04:57 PM
That sounds very familiar...
Was the party up a mountain by any chance?

My personal acid techno lowpoint was that Batman acid techno tune. Weak.
yes it was up a mountain i think or some national park.

...Dave...
24-09-2009, 04:19 PM
yes it was up a mountain i think or some national park.
when was this?

DarkYoung
24-09-2009, 06:15 PM
when was this?

at that party near denbigh bank holiday august. u were slaughtered.
i had those really ****ed up pills.

weekender_veteran
24-09-2009, 07:21 PM
at that party near denbigh bank holiday august. u were slaughtered.
i had those really ****ed up pills.

I had an ace time up there! :) one of my fav party's that one.

Was that the one where we had quite a big BOA turn out?

DarkYoung
24-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I had an ace time up there! :) one of my fav party's that one.

Was that the one where we had quite a big BOA turn out?
thats the one, my fav party too aswell dude.

i'll never forget your first appearance after watching u rolling down a mountain with a broken hand and a case of beer.

teknorich
24-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Clubbing at the Complex years ago i walked out to a beautful sunny morning, put my hoody on the wrong way around and the hood went over my face, leading to a "who turned out the lights?" moment and much embarressment.

I'd probably have cracked a rib laughing at that, especially if it was the morning after a heavy night. Sounds quality!!

Technologic
27-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I'd probably have cracked a rib laughing at that, especially if it was the morning after a heavy night. Sounds quality!!

Very messy nights, much fun was had lol

-LETHAL-ONE-
28-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Man... one time back in about 97 i and some friends went to a party in the outskirts of Los Angeles county in some remote desert looking area to see "The Geezer" and "Chris Liberator" play. On the way back we stopped at a gas station in the gangster heartland of COMPTON (you know, where dr dre and nwa are from). Me and one of my buddies get out of the car hammered on like 5 doses of acid each. We start to drift away from the driver who was pumping gas. Next thing you know we lose him and cant find him at all. We have no choice but to keep walking. We had no way to communicate with the driver because back in the days cell phones were not common to have. We could not use a pay phone eighther because we were dead broke because we blew all of our money on the party and drugs.....
Im walking at 4am in a "CRIP" neighborhood wearing A lot of RED. RED of course is the colors of their rivals the "BLOODS". As im walking through the projects im seeing "CRIP" graffitti crossed out by "BLOOD" graffitti. This made me paranoid and was starting to kill my high. I was trippin' balls literally tippy toeing through COMPTON hoping to not make any noise and wake up any pissed off gangsters who might want to bust a cap on me because of me wearing the wrong color in the wrong hood. I somehow managed to walk about 14 miles from CoMPTON to INGLEWOOD without getting blasted by gangsters. In between those 14 miles i walked and saw some crazy ass sh_t! I saw a guy run out of someones house window with a tv, a car with no tires with just rims riding down the street, a hit and run car accident, drug bust.... Im being serious!!! We then went to a donut shop not having any money but grabbing donuts and eating them even though not paying for them which resulted in the owner chasing us out with a shotgun yelling every spanish bad word in the dictionary... We ran and ran til we got tired and continued our mission to try to get home. After a night of madness we finally managed to make it home at about 11am... a 7 hour mission on a lot of acid after a crazy acid techno party!!!! GOOD TIMES!!!!

To many not from Los Angeles county this sounds a bit exaggerated but trust me its not!!! Anyone from LOS Angeles county can confirm this is just an adverage day in Los Angeles... typical madness!!!

-LETHAL-ONE-
28-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Man... one time back in about 97 i and some friends went to a party in the outskirts of Los Angeles county in some remote desert looking area to see "The Geezer" and "Chris Liberator" play. On the way back we stopped at a gas station in the gangster heartland of COMPTON (you know, where dr dre and nwa are from). Me and one of my buddies get out of the car hammered on like 5 doses of acid each. We start to drift away from the driver who was pumping gas. Next thing you know we lose him and cant find him at all. We have no choice but to keep walking. We had no way to communicate with the driver because back in the days cell phones were not common to have. We could not use a pay phone eighther because we were dead broke because we blew all of our money on the party and drugs.....
Im walking at 4am in a "CRIP" neighborhood wearing A lot of RED. RED of course is the colors of their rivals the "BLOODS". As im walking through the projects im seeing "CRIP" graffitti crossed out by "BLOOD" graffitti. This made me paranoid and was starting to kill my high. I was trippin' balls literally tippy toeing through COMPTON hoping to not make any noise and wake up any pissed off gangsters who might want to bust a cap on me because of me wearing the wrong color in the wrong hood. I somehow managed to walk about 14 miles from CoMPTON to INGLEWOOD without getting blasted by gangsters. In between those 14 miles i walked and saw some crazy ass sh_t! I saw a guy run out of someones house window with a tv, a car with no tires with just rims riding down the street, a hit and run car accident, drug bust.... Im being serious!!! We then went to a donut shop not having any money but grabbing donuts and eating them even though not paying for them which resulted in the owner chasing us out with a shotgun yelling every spanish bad word in the dictionary... We ran and ran til we got tired and continued our mission to try to get home. After a night of madness we finally managed to make it home at about 11am... a 7 hour mission on a lot of acid after a crazy acid techno party!!!! GOOD TIMES!!!!

To many not from Los Angeles county this sounds a bit exaggerated but trust me its not!!! Anyone from LOS Angeles county can confirm this is just an adverage day in Los Angeles... typical madness!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am by no means a "BLOOD gangster" or any type of gangster at all nor do i ever want to be one or have been one eighther. I just happen to be wearing red that night by coincidence....

278d7e64a374de26f==