PDA

View Full Version : Best dance music record stores

teknonotice
21-09-2009, 07:16 PM
As im devoloping a number of online resources for the dance music enthusiast, Im wondering what stores you guys are currently using to purchase you music; and why..

Dont get me wrong, I prefer vinyl, however cant afford a brand new set every week - thats if Malta, where I live, had a record shop!! Also, digital is far more mobile for me, and people here; the younger generation, have been brought up on all things digital. Strange as it may sound, Vinyl is frowned at by this demographic.

I like, and rate, www.chemical-records.co.uk ; I also think they have done an excellent job over the years.

Trackitdown - These guys constantly give me great service as we work closely together on my labels distribution, and online store development.

Beatsdigital frustrates me due to user interface etc etc

And I seam to shy away from Beatport.

So, who, in your own opinion is the leader in digital dance music online sales, and why?

The_Laughing_Man
21-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Juno. Simple interface have everything, jobs a goodun. Juno player also good now.
Red-Eye Records. Just great for dubstep.
Trackitdown - Nice interface, stupid way of grouping by track rather than release though.
Boomkat, great review system, horrible player and organisation of tracks and genres.

DJ Downloads - Really good interface, high quality audio and you can scoot through the whole of a tune rather than crappy 30 second clips.
Probably the best place asthetically, but doesn`t seem to sell enough or get enough attention.

Beatport sucketh in every way. Pay your way into the charts system, horrible interface, take the highest chunk away from artists, full of crap music.

teknonotice
21-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks mate..

you used chemical records before?

Izz
21-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Juno Download (For Mp3's)

DS2 for Vinyl (will start shopping again once I find somewhere to put me decks, promise!)

Both great service, love the options you can use for downloads with Juno (foldered files etc)

Yeah, Beatport is utter gash. Not used them for ages, used to royaly **** me off having to rename my tunes because they put their cat numbers before the file name. Useless!

pd2h
22-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I would have to say boomkat is my favorite online store by a mini mile!!

The review on there are second to none and a wonderful eclectic mix of tunes, also the 14 Tracks thing works really well for genre's you just want to have a peep at to see what they are about!!

Si the Sigh
23-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Digital - Juno Download (Tescos)
Vinyl - Ds2

force
23-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Digital - Juno Download (Tescos)
Vinyl - Ds2

Tescos??????

DannyBlack
23-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Tacos??????

teknonotice
23-09-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.tescodigital.com/Store/

http://direct.tesco.com/buyersguide/mp3.aspx

I have distribution into these guys via believe digital paris :)

278d7e64a374de26f==