PDA

View Full Version : Best burning software

teknonotice
22-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I dont use many samples but recently grabbed a few to load into my akai3000xl. On doing so however I encounter wonderful issues with technology.

Samples are high quality wav format - windows media burner doesnt recognise most, and Nero cant burn a track less than 2 seconds.

any ideas what software I need?

We dont use computers in our studio and therefore the CD needs to play in a standalone cd burner to then record into the akai.. I have burnt the samples as a data disc and audio and neither will work using windows or nero..

I must be missing a horse race

DarkYoung
22-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I dont use many samples but recently grabbed a few to load into my akai3000xl. On doing so however I encounter wonderful issues with technology.

Samples are high quality wav format - windows media burner doesnt recognise most, and Nero cant burn a track less than 2 seconds.

We dont use computers in our studio and therefore the CD needs to play in a standalone cd burner to then record into the akai.. I have burnt the samples as a data disc and audio and neither will work using windows or nero..

dude the best program and cheapest is the magix audio cleaner software.

no bullshit.

does everyting you could ask for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GIPFBE/ref=s9_sima_gw_s2_p65_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=062YAV1ZKDCNW72G2YD5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

TechMouse
22-09-2009, 07:57 PM
CDex : http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Burrrn : http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=4

Alternatively, most sample editors will burn to CD. Try Audacity : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

teknonotice
22-09-2009, 08:07 PM
cheers guys, will check all links out. nice one. Have Audacity just seems like along process putting 100 tiny wavs into it

TechMouse
22-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Fair.

Burrrn is probably the easiest one I've ever used.

Just drag and drop what you want and click Burrrn.

Past that, CDRTFE (http://cdrtfe.sourceforge.net/) is the swiss army knife of CD burning tools. It's a front end to the command line cdrecord utility.

teknonotice
23-09-2009, 02:00 AM
thanks tech mouse

The_Laughing_Man
23-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Burn the Akai, get something that processes audio with the technology of the 21st century.
An akai is a computer, just a crap one with a terrible interface.

davethedrummer
23-09-2009, 11:32 PM

you don't use computers in your studio ?

are you ****ing mad ?

DarkYoung
24-09-2009, 08:43 AM
are you ****ing mad ?
quite:lol:

Barely Human
24-09-2009, 09:55 AM
you don't use computers in your studio ?

are you ****ing mad ?

Agree. Why?

teknonotice
24-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I am yes clinically insane..

but

simply because I prefer, and own, alot of hardware, DAW's etc etc. one day I will integrate it but at present seems to be doing just fine without a PC.

teknonotice
24-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Burn the Akai, get something that processes audio with the technology of the 21st century.
An akai is a computer, just a crap one with a terrible interface.

thanks mate!! nice and constructive. burn me at the stake !! :)

The_Laughing_Man
24-09-2009, 09:14 PM
thanks mate!! nice and constructive. burn me at the stake !! :)

I`m a vegetarian, can I burn you at the parsnip?

teknonotice
24-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Im not such a fan of parsnip mate...can we do vegie sausages?

ps - check out No admittance teknonotice digital on Chemical records or track it down...no computer present in any of the production process' or mastering of this track..

The_Laughing_Man
25-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Are you trying to imply that hardware is in some way better?

I might point out that an Akai sampler is in fact a primitive computer.
Also I see you have a TC Electronic finalizer, this also is a computer. Yes it is in a different shaped box, but it is in fact run by microprocessor, with a less intuitive and more restrictive interface than an average "computer".
I am assuming you use a sequencer to make your music. Wether it is a standalone, or a computer, both will be based on microprocessors and in fact, are computers. Unless you use some CV based all analog sequencing.

I never understand these kind of comments.
A musician will look at all tools and say "how can I use this to my advantage", regardless of it`s origins.

I don`t advocate the use of one type of creative tool over another, but when approaching creative arts, to close your mind to any tool that could provide you with a greater variety of techniques and forms, is creatively leading yourself down an ever narrowing alley, and nothing to be proud of.

Loop
25-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Thing is that the s3000 might only be a bunch of micro processors, but it sure sounds good. If you want to get wav samples into it, i just use the midi dump function, takes a while but it works and its cheap and i guess you still need a PC.

The_Laughing_Man
25-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah the 3000 is ok, filter is a bit brittle, but it`s a solid machine, hate the file ordering system though.

teknonotice
25-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Are you trying to imply that hardware is in some way better?

I don`t advocate the use of one type of creative tool over another, but when approaching creative arts, to close your mind to any tool that could provide you with a greater variety of techniques and forms, is creatively leading yourself down an ever narrowing alley, and nothing to be proud of.

hmmmm

but you just said..

"Burn the Akai, get something that processes audio with the technology of the 21st century.
An akai is a computer, just a crap one with a terrible interface"

Do you post on squatjuice mate? keep on topic mate and stop being so pedantic. Define hardware, computers, and processors, as you will.

Yawn !!

Thanks for the software tips guys!!

SlavikSvensk
25-09-2009, 07:50 PM
in the end, it's the product, not the process, that matters. if you are happy with what you produce, and think you have found the best way for you to get there, that's all that matters.

The_Laughing_Man
25-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Indeed, I just find statements such as "we don`t use computers" or "we don`t use electricity" , ones that whilst attempting to be elitist in some way, are generally not very well thought through.

SlavikSvensk
25-09-2009, 09:23 PM
fair game if that was the intent, but i didn't get an elitist vibe from the initial post...

The_Laughing_Man
25-09-2009, 09:29 PM
maybe not, you do see it a lot though, from the acid techno peeps more often for some reason?

DarkYoung
25-09-2009, 09:43 PM
maybe not, you do see it a lot though, from the acid techno peeps more often for some reason?

incredible

TechMouse
26-09-2009, 11:32 AM
At one stage I was considering going 100% hardware. Mainly because I spend 10 to 12 hours a day staring at computer screens for work.

I then spent some time playing with an SU-700 and realised that my workflow was so ingrained with the flexibility of PCs that I was massively shooting myself in the foot by trying to go any other route.

Still, horses for courses innit.

teknonotice
26-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I guess you cant read the original post LM...."I dont use samples and computers/PC's"

most music I produce isnt even dance music..

so..

If I hadnt mentioned that i do not use a computer to produce music than you all wouldnt understand my question, which was pls recomened a burning software. thats all.

You would have assumed otherwise that i do, so why not simply load the samples into cubase, ableton etc etc

someone then said "why not"

i said "cause I dont". I then simply pointed you in the direction of a track which wasnt made with a "defined " PC but with what most would define as hardware...

most posts from you LM are negative, & give little in the way of constructive crit .

teknonotice
26-09-2009, 01:23 PM
fair game if that was the intent, but i didn't get an elitist vibe from the initial post...

this^^

if you ask me and read through LM's post he comes across elite..Im aksing for help! jesus! no wonder this board is dead..****ing hostile elite old skool members blah blah blah blah

"burn your equipment"

"no dont burn it"

"its crap, no its ok"

seams his answers differ depending who he talks to..

ciao cioa BOA

DarkYoung
26-09-2009, 05:30 PM
this^^

if you ask me and read through LM's post he comes across elite..Im aksing for help! jesus! no wonder this board is dead..****ing hostile elite old skool members blah blah blah blah

"burn your equipment"

"no dont burn it"

"its crap, no its ok"

seams his answers differ depending who he talks to..

ciao cioa BOA

chill out ffs

Hoth System
26-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Re burning software - is it CDs you mean? If so I found Foobar2000 http://www.foobar2000.org/ does the job nicely. I thought that my burner was ****ed as most of my CD burns were failing (using Nero) but Foobar worked no problem (works best on initial bootup - might **** up if you've a few things running). Houdini - you da man.

The_Laughing_Man
26-09-2009, 07:37 PM
CD Burner XP Pro 3

davethedrummer
30-09-2009, 05:12 PM

what the **** are you talking about ?

davethedrummer
30-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Indeed, I just find statements such as "we don`t use computers" or "we don`t use electricity" , ones that whilst attempting to be elitist in some way, are generally not very well thought through.

I have a bicycle powered studio..........no sorry that was someone else

The_Laughing_Man
30-09-2009, 05:44 PM
what the **** are you talking about ?

Not you lot (SUF crew etc), just encountered a lot of nonsense from Acid producers about hardware.

The_Laughing_Man
30-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I have a bicycle powered studio..........no sorry that was someone else

There was a bicycle powered soundsystem that used to kick about the protests and reclaim etc, that was a giggle, I remember it cycling into the middle of the J18 Riots when the mercedes garage went up in flames.
What a day that was.

DarkYoung
30-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Not you lot (SUF crew etc), just encountered a lot of nonsense from Acid producers about hardware.
flip flop

davethedrummer
01-10-2009, 12:34 AM
flip flop

well that'll be because there still isn't a very good 303 software clone probably
which there isn't by the way
haha

*runs away*

The_Laughing_Man
01-10-2009, 12:53 AM
flip flop

Well, seeing as I never speak to any of that lot, it would be hard for me to get into a discussion about hardware with them now wouldn`t it?

The_Laughing_Man
01-10-2009, 12:59 AM
well that'll be because there still isn't a very good 303 software clone probably
which there isn't by the way
haha

*runs away*

I dunno, I did a remix of my fave acid tune, Control, by errr, some old acid person, and I managed to get the audiorealism emulation really damn close to the original recording, well, the version off of the ****in Avin it CD anyway.

Every 303 sounds a little bit different though, so even the 303 doesn`t do the sound of the 303 properly. My mate bought up 4 of the bloody things just trying to get one with a certain sound he wanted. Proper nutter, ended up blowing £2400 quid on 303`s.

force
01-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Ahhhh, 'CONTROL', also my favourite ever acid techno track.

Many years ago i was at 414 and liberators/D.A.V.E were playing. This was b4 i knew what DtD looked like or that his name was henry.
A bit twatted at the end, i approached who i thought was DtD to say a big thank you for producing 'CONTROL'. I said are you Dave the Drummer, and he said NO, im Henry. I walked off none the wiser.....

Bastard!!!

force
01-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Every 303 sounds a little bit different though,

Same with 909's, both of mine have slightly different Kiks...

The_Laughing_Man
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Same with 909's, both of mine have slightly different Kiks...

And bless roland for their shoddy workmanship at the time, it made everything much more unique.
303`s can be great if you run em on battery and the battery is running down.

aNaLpLeAsEr
21-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Toast

278d7e64a374de26f==