PDA

View Full Version : the coolness of Reason

professor
28-01-2004, 02:40 PM
I first started writing electronic music with Reason. Cool program, easy to use, but lacking that certain something. It was a sort of sound thing for me...and as I've said on this forum before, I thought that Reason has a fairly "tin-y" sound. very digital. So I came in contact with Logic and started mainly writing tracks with it. But as some of you know I'm sure, Logic can be a little cumbersome to work with. So after a couple of weeks of no inspiration in the studio recently, I loaded Reason back to the computer and had a go...

AND MAN AM I TICKLED!!!

what a cool program! It is Sooooooo feking easy to use. You can have crazy as loops going everywhere in minutes. And with the new features (old by now) of Reason 2.5 the effects even better! The matrix modulates everything without having to draw modulation curves on the sequencer. The Spider audio spliters act like sends to buss then aux. splitting signal to diff. effects rather than "chaining" them...

SOOoooo, I guess my point is if your experiencing a lag...and have Reason and not used it for a while, load it up and have a go, you might gain a renewed sence on how easy and fun it can be to write silly techno tunes.

Plus, the malstrom is the shizulnitz.

Dave Elyzium
28-01-2004, 02:52 PM
mate, wack logic back on your comp then rewire the two 2geva ;) logic effects kick ass :)

professor
28-01-2004, 03:19 PM
right. Absolutely!!

Rewiring the two is fur-shure the way to go. Plus I've got some bits of hardware that I still like to use through Logic...and some other soft synths.

Not to mention all the refills available on the propellerheads website

SlavikSvensk
28-01-2004, 06:06 PM
i'm using reason rewired to cubase sl. so my question is...have you guys figured out a sure-fire way to make the weaker sounding reason sounds more meaty through signal processing? any tips to lend?

278d7e64a374de26f==