PDA

View Full Version : What the fuk....

FuK-NuT
28-01-2004, 06:55 PM
D.A.V.E the Drummer and Andy farley.....your kiddin me on?

dan the acid man
28-01-2004, 07:10 PM
it's true, it doesnt bother me but i know it does some people, i dont see why though

Esox Lucius
28-01-2004, 08:19 PM
NO COMMENT ;)

jonnyspeed
28-01-2004, 08:55 PM
hmmm... not more chin stroking by techno purists again. I wish people would listen to tracks before they start shouting about Hard House producers like they are a dirty word.

Esox Lucius
28-01-2004, 08:59 PM
like I said, I havent heard the track so no comment.

Tony
29-01-2004, 01:09 AM
such reserve there downie. i wouldnt rant 'thats shit that is!' as i've never heard it. but all i know is that i've heard a lot of dave the drummer, and i've put up with a lot of andy farley when we sold it in my old record shop. summed up that collaboration makes me wince at the potential out come. i'm not a big fan of acid techno anymore, but i have a hell of a lot of respect for dave the drummer and think he's a top producer. i can just imagine, daves quality patterns and productions over shit noises and hoovers. i havent heard it but it still sends a shiver down my spine at the thought of someone so cool, mixing it with a potential cheese monster.

Methodixxx
29-01-2004, 01:57 AM
It's alot more Henry than Farley luckily Tony ;) I don't like M.B.S. too much with the ringing acid sort of synth and the sample, it would certainly work at the right party tho... typical super high quality production from the drummer boy. The other track, "Don't Stop the Groove", is quite kewl indeed :cool: Groovin' (as the name would suggest) bassline with tough funkin' percussion and quality vocal sample work... I dig the little breaks and drops too.. way better than I thought the collaboration would turn out :hmm:

jake
29-01-2004, 02:54 AM
sounds like stripper music! :love:

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Will have to check this one out... :rambo:

FuK-NuT
29-01-2004, 09:57 AM
such reserve there downie. i wouldnt rant 'thats shit that is!' as i've never heard it. but all i know is that i've heard a lot of dave the drummer, and i've put up with a lot of andy farley when we sold it in my old record shop. summed up that collaboration makes me wince at the potential out come. i'm not a big fan of acid techno anymore, but i have a hell of a lot of respect for dave the drummer and think he's a top producer. i can just imagine, daves quality patterns and productions over shit noises and hoovers. i havent heard it but it still sends a shiver down my spine at the thought of someone so cool, mixing it with a potential cheese monster.

word!

Esox Lucius
29-01-2004, 10:25 AM
I could easily have said it was shit, bit I havent heard it so there is no point...I doubt it will be to my taste & I wont even go into why henry is collaborating with andy farley of all people, his choice I suppose.

anyone got a link to this track?

dan the acid man
29-01-2004, 10:46 AM
anybody know what label this is on

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 01:31 PM
D.A.V.E the Drummer and Andy farley.....your kiddin me on?

Just heard it & I really like it! :clap:

Spooney
29-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Its on Neonate

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Its an offshoot of Vicious Circle init? :eh:

Stuart
29-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Andy Farley has started a techno night in Birmingham on sunday nights. I've heard him play techno and he's quality. I was chatting to him about it and he prefers playing it.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Andy Farley has started a techno night in Birmingham on sunday nights. I've heard him play techno and he's quality. I was chatting to him about it and he prefers playing it.

cant see how someone that plays that cheesy shite that he does can understand fully understand techno...... or is it the other way about???

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 02:23 PM

Must have seen fergie playing it then.....you watch the rest of these hardhouser will start folowing suit.........

Cant wait to have the cyber kids at techno nights.....

I could do wi shaving some boots....

Numeric
29-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh man, cyber kids...

:roll:

I'd rather they stick Bugged Out and places like that...

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 02:29 PM

Na i dont beleive hes quality....he may be able to mix but has a long way to go to be quality and mixes shitty hoover crap....no respect from me.

Spooney
29-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Its an offshoot of Vicious Circle init? :eh:

I think so...not 100% sure :doh:

Numeric
29-01-2004, 02:33 PM
The worst place a cyber kid could go is Creamfields, i heard a few were killed there last year...

:neutral:

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Oh man, cyber kids...

:roll:

I'd rather they stick Bugged Out and places like that...

na man i flog glowsticks for a living.....think of the ££££ ill make.

but to me the best reason for them is to shave ther boots.......

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 02:35 PM
The worst place a cyber kid could go is Creamfields, i heard a few were killed there last year...

:neutral:

aye prob due to K.

remember one time i was ther the music got stopped to tell us that 2 folk had died cos of K. "DONT DO IT" they said.......i was like i wasent going to anyway..
drugs are for mugs....

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 02:36 PM
If you think about it, who gives a fu*k whos playing techno? Surely its a good thing that more people can listen to techno, even if its being played by a 'cheesy bandwagon jumping DJ'? I love my techno, and it does make me cringe sometimes when I see some awesome techno producers colaborating with someone whos been spinning hardhouse for years, but I for one want more people to get into techno. Theres the arguement that techno will become comercial, etc...Bollocks! Techno is, and as far as I can see will always be, the true sound of the underground. This selling out arguement is bullshit. The hard trance / hardstyle heads slated Mark EG for playing at Slinky & Tidy events, but as Mark said, hes going to these events to open some peoples minds & if he comes away from one of those events & someone enjoyed what he played & wants to look into the sound further thats a positive & good thing. I dont think there are enough techno events in the UK and if I can hear more techno out and about, even if its by someone seen as 'cheesy' i will be happy. Im not going to forget my techno roots though. Is it time we stopped slating these 'bandwagon jumpers' and let them be introduced to our world? Techno will NEVER sell out...But it could grow. Ok thats enough from me. You may all now get me in a group headlock, poke me in the eyes, write 'tidy trax lover' on my face in permanent marker & kick me out of the techno forum with my trousers round my ankles... ;)

FuK-NuT
29-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Mon the carebears!!

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 02:45 PM
:crackup:

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 02:49 PM
If you think about it, who gives a fu*k whos playing techno? Surely its a good thing that more people can listen to techno, even if its being played by a 'cheesy bandwagon jumping DJ'? I love my techno, and it does make me cringe sometimes when I see some awesome techno producers colaborating with someone whos been spinning hardhouse for years, but I for one want more people to get into techno. Theres the arguement that techno will become comercial, etc...Bollocks! Techno is, and as far as I can see will always be, the true sound of the underground. This selling out arguement is bullshit. The hard trance / hardstyle heads slated Mark EG for playing at Slinky & Tidy events, but as Mark said, hes going to these events to open some peoples minds & if he comes away from one of those events & someone enjoyed what he played & wants to look into the sound further thats a positive & good thing. I dont think there are enough techno events in the UK and if I can hear more techno out and about, even if its by someone seen as 'cheesy' i will be happy. Im not going to forget my techno roots though. Is it time we stopped slating these 'bandwagon jumpers' and let them be introduced to our world? Techno will NEVER sell out...But it could grow. Ok thats enough from me. You may all now get me in a group headlock, poke me in the eyes, write 'tidy trax lover' on my face in permanent marker & kick me out of the techno forum with my trousers round my ankles... ;)

NA...I AGRRE I WOULD RATHER MORE WERE INTO TECHNO...BUT NOT THESE FOLK...

IMO thse fukers have fuked the dance to some extent scene wi all ther shite....
and i dont want to see them start doing it to techno....mind you thers toooo many techno heads thatll still stay true....
I hear what yer saying likes but i got into without any help from ministry of sound.........folk that like this to me cant runderstand what techno is about. it aint just music...its a way of life.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Mon the carebears!!

MON the furry ruksaks.

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Yea, I hear what your saying, and I didn't need the MOS to get into techno, but with the whole hardhouse & hardtrance scene seeming a bit stale at the moment a lot of people are looking for something else. Im seeing more & more DJ's playing techno in their sets, and it does bother me a little, but it could be a good thing, with people who always thought 'techno' was 300bpm, being introduced to fresh sounds

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 02:58 PM
...anyway, I have to go and masterbate all over my Paul Glazby CD's now whilst sucking my dummy and wearing furry boots & plenty of neon clothing. ;) :lol:

Spooney
29-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Ive never seen Farley and co mix techno to techno...Always hard house then drop a phat techno tune in the middle of the set, then back to the hard house? I remember he was playing cheesy hard house then dropped anphetamine/cocaine into his set :doh:
Anyway techno is defo picking up around these parts and I can see it continuing to do so, and if converting ppl means colloborating with hard house djs on hard house labels..then so be it. Its been said on here before, If you like the tune buy it! Does it really matter what label its on?

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Yea, I hear what your saying, and I didn't need the MOS to get into techno, but with the whole hardhouse & hardtrance scene seeming a bit stale at the moment a lot of people are looking for something else. Im seeing more & more DJ's playing techno in their sets, and it does bother me a little, but it could be a good thing, with people who always thought 'techno' was 300bpm, being introduced to fresh sounds

i agree (well aprt from them being stale at the moment- they always been pretty stale-not all o them but most)

About these dj's playing techno in ther sets....ther just jumpin on the bandwagon IMO....garanteed if they saw someone like fergie(who doing this) mix classical into ther set theyd all start do it to.

Thers too many of them that will just do whatever they think is the "in" thing, than just do what THEY want......ill play anystyle if i like the sound....

Id would like them all to see what techno is really about and ditch this shite but to be honest i cant see them doing it..........i mean thats no what judge played last week on radio one is it???

Stuart
29-01-2004, 03:06 PM

Na i dont beleive hes quality....he may be able to mix but has a long way to go to be quality and mixes shitty hoover crap....no respect from me.

Before you start slating someone listen to them first. He has been playing for 15 so years and roots were from techno.

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 03:09 PM
so Andy Farly jumped on the hardhouse wagon then! :eh: :crackup:

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Ive never seen Farley and co mix techno to techno...Always hard house then drop a phat techno tune in the middle of the set, then back to the hard house? I remember he was playing cheesy hard house then dropped anphetamine/cocaine into his set :doh:
Anyway techno is defo picking up around these parts and I can see it continuing to do so, and if converting ppl means colloborating with hard house djs on hard house labels..then so be it. Its been said on here before, If you like the tune buy it! Does it really matter what label its on?

LOL at Si the Sigh...

Spooney - yer right - it matters fuk all what label its on...

But its still more than music to me...its a way of life and attitude etc.

Listen to KRSONE getting philosophical and preaching about what hiphop is......i see techno in the same way..... its not just music, its a whole scene.

Some cheesy listening crasherkid listing to techno and then goes "here im into techno now" aint a tek head.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:12 PM

Before you start slating someone listen to them first. He has been playing for 15 so years and roots were from techno.

I have heard a mix or two by him-well im pretty sure it was him...

No style.

His roots was techno??????then how the fuk did he end up down this path......was it money or fame??? or did he genuinly not appreciate the pureness of techno.......

Numeric
29-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Listen to KRSONE getting philosophical and preaching about what hiphop is......i see techno in the same way..... its not just music, its a whole scene.

KRS One = the real shit
Nelly = the wank shit

Same goes for techno...

Lars Klein = the real shit
Fergie = the wank shit

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Some cheesy listening crasherkid listing to techno and then goes "here im into techno now" aint a tek head.

Ok, fair enough...BUT! It might make that cyber geek want to find out a bit more about techno. Hey, he might even start mixing it. He could be an awesome DJ. He could start producing. He could become world famous. You might buy his records. Then you find out a bit about this geezers past. Would he be slagged because he wasn't 'techno enough' as he got into techno through Fergie / Farley / Jules? Would that stop you buying his tunes? We all got into techno in our own ways man. I was a hardcore head before I heard some 'real' techno played by Ribbz at Helter Skelter. Does that make me a bandwagon jumper? I moved from hardcore to techno. Fu*k me, DAVE the Drummer moved from soft rock or summit to techno didnt he?!? :lol:

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:22 PM

KRS One = the real shit
Nelly = the wank shit

Same goes for techno...

Lars Klein = the real shit
Fergie = the wank shit

Aye lars klein is doing some pretty nice lean good solid stuff at the mo.......

Krsone vs nelly.... ..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...just aint worth even comparing.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:28 PM

Ok, fair enough...BUT! It might make that cyber geek want to find out a bit more about techno. Hey, he might even start mixing it. He could be an awesome DJ. He could start producing. He could become world famous. You might buy his records. Then you find out a bit about this geezers past. Would he be slagged because he wasn't 'techno enough' as he got into techno through Fergie / Farley / Jules? Would that stop you buying his tunes? We all got into techno in our own ways man. I was a hardcore head before I heard some 'real' techno played by Ribbz at Helter Skelter. Does that make me a bandwagon jumper? I moved from hardcore to techno. Fu*k me, DAVE the Drummer moved from soft rock or summit to techno didnt he?!? :lol:

True....

100per cent agree with ya.....

But id hope that when they did they could see ther errors of the past....i have seen mine.

And i wouldnt boycoat them because of this--- if they were on some good techno sheeeeit. I would give them a slagging tho.....fuk ive slagged myself fo this.

BUT-Whilst they're still doing cheesy shit they aint getting no respect from me. And they aint fukin techno.

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 03:32 PM
So what did you used to listen to before you were 'converted' to techno? Are you ashamed of what you used to listen to or summit? (ok your aloud to be ashamed if it was Chaz & Dave). I used to listen to all sorts, still do. Im not ashamed & im not a music snob. Good music is good music at the end of the day. Hell, Chaz & Dave even released 1 or 2 I quite liked...

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 03:34 PM
And they aint fukin techno.

Explain? :eh: If I was someone who has just fallen in love with techno after hearing an Andy Farly 'techno' set & I wanted to look into this new found sound...How could I become 'techno'?

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:44 PM
So what did you used to listen to before you were 'converted' to techno? Are you ashamed of what you used to listen to or summit? (ok your aloud to be ashamed if it was Chaz & Dave). I used to listen to all sorts, still do. Im not ashamed & im not a music snob. Good music is good music at the end of the day. Hell, Chaz & Dave even released 1 or 2 I quite liked...

well i started out wi dance- the real old skool sound - was 12 (92)at the time so can only really name a few tracks-- dominator, insomniak i come back, playing with knifes...but had a good few tape from raves........

then when hardcore spoilt it all about 96 i decided to leave this shite and got right into some real shit -hip hop.

then when i started going out to clubs i went to shit like cream(not the real club but cream throw offs), voodo and locall folks nights that played anything from hardhouse tribally shit-........but always knew that it lacked summin. This was mainly cos of the folk i went about wi..i just went out for the laugh really.....never gave a fuk too much about the tunes.

then maybe 4 years ago i got into techno and instantly knew this shit was for me.........never had any of the cheese..

I like all music tho.....from radiohead/nirvanna/ placebo....through to drum an bass...but i can spot cheese...and fake folk. Ill admit i like a few justin timberlake tracks but i know it aint real.and is sell out cheesy pish..so even tho i do like it, i wouldnt listen to it.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:46 PM

Explain? :eh: If I was someone who has just fallen in love with techno after hearing an Andy Farly 'techno' set & I wanted to look into this new found sound...How could I become 'techno'?

well if you have to ask .......i aint gonna tell you......

Numeric
29-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I've always been into techno since i first discovered underground dance music back in '92...

However, hardcore techno and drum n bass was my thing for years until i heard the likes of Producer, Ribbz and Mark EG himself spinnin the purist sounds and Deathrow and Skelta...

Now techno is probably what i listen to/spin most...

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 03:51 PM

that does NOT answer the question! if someone is reading this and doesn't understand & wants to, thats not much help...

Si the Sigh
29-01-2004, 03:52 PM
I've always been into techno since i first discovered underground dance music back in '92...

However, hardcore techno and drum n bass was my thing for years until i heard the likes of Producer, Ribbz and Mark EG himself spinnin the purist sounds and Deathrow and Skelta...

Now techno is probably what i listen to/spin most...

Same here, early 91 - 93 hardcore & into the bigger raves. I might have classed myself as 'hardcore' at one time but I opened my mind & listen to all genres now...

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 03:57 PM

that does NOT answer the question! if someone is reading this and doesn't understand & wants to, thats not much help...

WELL STUDY TECHNO THEN........THEY WANT EASY ACCESS MUSIC BUY FUKIN CLUBBERS GUIDE....THATS THER GUIDE........damm caps locks.

They truly want to understand techno, they will.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 04:18 PM
this might help them undertsand where im comin from........but prob not.

She said, "Don't worry bout these dollars and quarters.
Record companies ain't got nuttin for ya."
Damn, she took me back to Bam!
Took me back to who I am!
Brought me back to the New York land!
Now I overstand!..

{interviewer}
Now KRS-One, now you've been quoted as saying that
rap is something we do, hip-hop is something you live.
{KRS} Yes!
{interviewer}
Explain that to us please.
{KRS-One}
Well, well, today hip-hop, we are advocating that hip-hop is not,
just a music, it is an attitude, it is an awareness, it is a way
to view the world. So rap music, is something we do, but HIP-HOP,
is something we live. And we look at hip-hop, in it's 9 elements;
which is breaking, emceeing, graffiti art, deejaying, beatboxing,
street fashion, street language, street knowledge, and street
entrepenurialism - trade and business. And uhh, that's where y'know
that's the hip-hop that that that we're about.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 04:20 PM
btw thats the end of a krsone track

slimboy
29-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Seems everyone has rather different definitions of the word 'techno'.

What kind of 'techno' tunes is Andy Farly playing then? If he's caning the new James Ruskin album I'll let him off but if, as I suspect, he's playing a load of hard house to kids who don't know their arses from their elbows and think it's techno then clearly he's the joker I always thought he was.

Stuart
29-01-2004, 04:35 PM

LOL at Si the Sigh...

Spooney - yer right - it matters fuk all what label its on...

But its still more than music to me...its a way of life and attitude etc.

Well I'm fed up of techno being classed as an underground style of dance music in this country. this is the only country it is classed as as being underground. i see it a good move that people like andy farley are playing techno tracks in HH clubs. They HH scene is dying off they are coming over to techno. and so are the crowds. It's good for the scene more people at techno nights. i have had Nick Rafferty Play a techno set at one of my nights and he played a ****ing good set. Plus it brought in a whole load of clubbers that don't usually come to my night.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Well I'm fed up of techno being classed as an underground style of dance music in this country. this is the only country it is classed as as being underground. i see it a good move that people like andy farley are playing techno tracks in HH clubs. They HH scene is dying off they are coming over to techno. and so are the crowds. It's good for the scene more people at techno nights. i have had Nick Rafferty Play a techno set at one of my nights and he played a **** good set. Plus it brought in a whole load of clubbers that don't usually come to my night.

Totally disagree......

Where i live thers enuf tek heads to fill our clubs anyway-ther pretty much always filled.......also when a group of these folk come your music enjoyment is spoilt buy chants of "here wi, here wi, here wi fukin go".

About that bringing in loads more punters.......that what im talking about....who cares how much money you can make from them.

Stuart
29-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Well I'm fed up of techno being classed as an underground style of dance music in this country. this is the only country it is classed as as being underground. i see it a good move that people like andy farley are playing techno tracks in HH clubs. They HH scene is dying off they are coming over to techno. and so are the crowds. It's good for the scene more people at techno nights. i have had Nick Rafferty Play a techno set at one of my nights and he played a **** good set. Plus it brought in a whole load of clubbers that don't usually come to my night.

Totally disagree......

Where i live thers enuf tek heads to fill our clubs anyway-ther pretty much always filled.......also when a group of these folk come your music enjoyment is spoilt buy chants of "here wi, here wi, here wi fukin go".

About that bringing in loads more punters.......that what im talking about....who cares how much money you can make from them.

I don't make any money the parties I do are free.

gumpy green
29-01-2004, 05:45 PM

Totally disagree......

cool m8........sorry for that asumption.

Did they chant "here wi, here wi, here wi fukin go" tho'.

jonnyspeed
29-01-2004, 07:40 PM
man, give it up. boring. zzzzzzz

quazkvas
29-01-2004, 09:48 PM
i dont give a **** as far as it does rock me socks aiiii

jonnyspeed
29-01-2004, 11:02 PM
From what I've heard some Scotish clubs do have issues with twats in 'ben shermans and rockport' beer boys invading good nights - so I can understand wanting to protect the scene but to strike out at our HH brothers is not very constructive.

In London its a real Hienz 57 varieties and so long as its 'avin it its a good party. I think its therefore pointless arguing what is or isn't techno when actually all peeps are saying is that london techno ain't alway tribal, progressive or minimal - dunt stop it from being techno even if a HH producer is getting involved.

BOA is not really the place for this argument. Can we agree to disagree and talk about what we like? And if you don't, start a new post talking about something you do. Its like of the rules of the board.

Peace.

dirty_bass
29-01-2004, 11:47 PM
You`re all gay ;)

Methodixxx
30-01-2004, 12:00 AM
It's only so I have a chance getting with you Jimmy boy! :love:

Haha! ;)

Spooney
30-01-2004, 12:07 AM

So just because it's not classed as underground in other countries means it shouldn't be classed as it here? Personally I love the word underground and to me it's not just a word it's a genuine passion. **** your super clubs with 2000 capacity full of ppl that aren't really that into there music. Id rather be in a dark dingy 400-500 capacity club with an electric atmosphere created by everyone having it to the music they love, thats underground to me! Anyway techno will always remain underground as long as ppl who pioneer the sound keep it that way!

jonnyspeed
30-01-2004, 12:17 AM
techno purists are gay

Spooney
30-01-2004, 12:19 AM
techno purists are gay

Harsh words mate :lol:

gumpy green
30-01-2004, 12:42 AM
From what I've heard some Scotish clubs do have issues with twats in 'ben shermans and rockport' beer boys invading good nights - so I can understand wanting to protect the scene but to strike out at our HH brothers is not very constructive.

In London its a real Hienz 57 varieties and so long as its 'avin it its a good party. I think its therefore pointless arguing what is or isn't techno when actually all peeps are saying is that london techno ain't alway tribal, progressive or minimal - dunt stop it from being techno even if a HH producer is getting involved.

BOA is not really the place for this argument. Can we agree to disagree and talk about what we like? And if you don't, start a new post talking about something you do. Its like of the rules of the board.

Peace.

man. but im grumpy green (if i coulve spelt my name right when registering.)

I was just at the wind up anyway.....

MARKEG
30-01-2004, 12:46 AM
last year i gave andy farley a copy of my 'club experiments' cd. i was on before him, and i had a load in my box and i thought **** it.. sure it's a cd full of techno shit but perhaps he'll like it. he saw me the next time and he almost jumped over himself to thank me.

i like andy farley. i think he's been labelled. like me.. he's played to try to get his message across in whatever he could - a load of ppl have liked him for this and the press/ppl dont even care about his roots - yet he still loves what he loves. i'd love to get him on here to talk about this actually - it's a subject close to my heart. In fact he gave me his msn but i've lost it. Grrrr.. Anyone know this info? We need to get him on here.

Tony
30-01-2004, 12:49 AM
purist and proud!!! ha haa!!

stu:: i would agree with oyu that techno is still underground here, and it could certainly do with a lot more full clubs and even a greater acceptance in commercial circles, but this must NOT come from people who start out with one thing, cane it til its dead, then try and come back to something - not even rejoining, but trying to morph their way back in to a scene by collaborations.
there are plenty of techno djs out there who have been at it FOR LIFE. they wont drop it when the next fad comes along. andy farley will no doubt do well, as his career has attained an amount of perpetual motion. yet if this is the person to 'bring techno to a whole new crowd', well that makes me cringe. there are far more worthy candidates to present techno to people than 'some sundissential resident with a box of primate', eugh!!! (miaow!!)
we want to fill your club full of techno people who are there to stop the robots screaming in their head and let their imagination explode. hard house people are out to take drugs and live life inside a marshmellow. some HH kids will see, for want of a better phrase, 'the darkside', but i'd love the clubs to be more full of people who shared the appreciation of the music, instead of the appreciation of the drug culture.
i'm sure these guys can dj, lets face it, mixing hard house must be such easy money. its like sticking lego bricks together, such simplified sounds and patterns. I could double copy that shit to death and actually make it interesting. in fact......................whaT THE **** HAVE I BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME, I COULD MAKE A BLOODY FORTUNE!!!

MARKEG
30-01-2004, 12:51 AM
i know you posted this tony before you saw my reply there but i'm almost convinced this guy has alot deeper histroy than we know. i could see something in his eyes when he thanked me. we need to get hold of him..... i'll try to sort this out this weekend.

Methodixxx
30-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Mark, check your pm's...

Si the Sigh
30-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Mark, check your pm's...

...have you sent him some cake? :eh:

Tony
30-01-2004, 12:29 PM
i know you posted this tony before you saw my reply there but i'm almost convinced this guy has alot deeper histroy than we know. i could see something in his eyes when he thanked me. we need to get hold of him..... i'll try to sort this out this weekend.
understood mark, but i'm sure you can appreciate my sentiment, even if the person in question may have more credibility than his public persona would tell.
we cant deny that there is a considerable shift in music tastes as the over exerted scenes of fashion realise that that road of big bucks leads to a shorter lifespan over all. i'd much prefer to see you or i getting more and more gigs cos we've stuck at it. we've known what styles we love for years, and we could be considered true bastiens (careful) of the scene.
maybe andy is a great guy, but merely on evidience of the subject matter in this thread, you can understand why i'd be questioning.

hey, theres a prize for anyone who can find a thread on the net where HH people are slagging off DJS for jumping off of the HH bandwagon and on to the techno one. do the kids really care in that scene?? certainly not as much as we do!!!!

Paul Zykotik
30-01-2004, 12:44 PM
I fail to see why someone should fail to understand "techno" if they play other styles. Have the people on here who are slagging Farley off considered that he had never heard much techno before, liked what he did hear, and wishes to pursue it? And at the same time he still loves hard house, so he'll wish to pursue that too? Why the hell should anyone have to apply themselves exclusively to one genre? Maybe he has an appreciation for all sorts of music...believe it or not some of us who like to stroke our chins over production also like to jump around like madmen at other parties too.

Purists...the only thing wrong with techno.

Esox Lucius
30-01-2004, 01:09 PM
imo the people who get labelled "purists" are the ones who have the real passion for techno & want to keep the scene real.

it seems that if you dis anyone who you dont think is techno you get called a "purist" nowadays...

Paul Zykotik
30-01-2004, 01:16 PM
It's seems that anyone who doesn't have a birthmark the shape of Detroit isn't "real" these days...

Esox Lucius
30-01-2004, 01:19 PM
yes I agree, mine is on my arse, I also have a scar in the shape of atkin's face too...

but let's face it, no one does it like the detroit boys, and never will ;) that IS techno ;)

Paul Zykotik
30-01-2004, 01:24 PM
To elaborate further...

I'm sick of people pre-judging others on the basis of their background. Wait and see what they put out, what their approach is. I can't say I care for Andy Farley's main taste in music, but I am interested to see if he's able to put something into the techno he puts out.

Techno in my experience is an acquired taste...it's not as readily marketable or as obvious as other genres. I know very few people who can take or leave techno, either they love it or they find it staggeringly dull. Is it not nearly two years now since techno dj's started playing at hard house events? In fact even further back...I seem to remember Hydraulix 9 being a massive anthem on the hard house scene. Yet the much-touted onslaught of commercialism still hasn't materialised. That's because to me techno isn't as obvious as other genres. There's no short term fix of euphoria as with hard trance or hard house, it's something that you really have to get right into before you really appreciate what's going on. And for most people, they don't have the patience to do that. Which is why I say fair play to Andy Farley, because he's obviously heard it and seen the positives it offers.

Stuart
30-01-2004, 01:42 PM

Totally disagree......

No

Spooney
30-01-2004, 01:59 PM
Techno in my experience is an acquired taste...it's not as readily marketable or as obvious as other genres. I know very few people who can take or leave techno, either they love it or they find it staggeringly dull. Is it not nearly two years now since techno dj's started playing at hard house events? In fact even further back...I seem to remember Hydraulix 9 being a massive anthem on the hard house scene. Yet the much-touted onslaught of commercialism still hasn't materialised. That's because to me techno isn't as obvious as other genres. There's no short term fix of euphoria as with hard trance or hard house, it's something that you really have to get right into before you really appreciate what's going on. And for most people, they don't have the patience to do that. Which is why I say fair play to Andy Farley, because he's obviously heard it and seen the positives it offers.

Well said mate :clap:

spiralx
30-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Totally agree with Paul Zykotik :clap: You're not born a techno lover, you find out about it somewhere, and everyone will have been into something different beforehand, even if it isn't dance music. Look at the thread about heavy metal and how a lot of people here used to be into that. When you found out about techno were you bandwagon jumping when you started to get into it? No. You'd just found out about it.

Similarly for whatever reason people are starting to hear more techno, and perhaps some of them are getting into it. They're not bandwagon jumping, they're experiencing something different and developing an appreciation for it. What's wrong with that? We've all got to start somewhere and like others have said, it'd be nice if there was more techno in this country and we didn't see nights closing down all the time.

And I still don't understand what people talk about when they say these people don't "get" techno. Is there some secret code I've been missing? :roll: Techno moves me emotionally and makes me want to dance like a loon, is there something else that I need to "get" techno? :neutral:

Paul Zykotik
30-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Totally agree with Paul Zykotik :clap: You're not born a techno lover, you find out about it somewhere, and everyone will have been into something different beforehand, even if it isn't dance music. Look at the thread about heavy metal and how a lot of people here used to be into that. When you found out about techno were you bandwagon jumping when you started to get into it? No. You'd just found out about it.

Similarly for whatever reason people are starting to hear more techno, and perhaps some of them are getting into it. They're not bandwagon jumping, they're experiencing something different and developing an appreciation for it. What's wrong with that? We've all got to start somewhere and like others have said, it'd be nice if there was more techno in this country and we didn't see nights closing down all the time.

And I still don't understand what people talk about when they say these
people don't "get" techno. Is there some secret code I've been missing? :roll: Techno moves me emotionally and makes me want to dance like a loon, is there something else that I need to "get" techno? :neutral:

And you're absolutely spot on with that as well mate :)

gumpy green
30-01-2004, 03:16 PM

Totally disagree......

No

ahh they must have not been the hardhouse purists you had then.....

ya better get judge jules next time....

imo the people who get labelled "purists" are the ones who have the real passion for techno & want to keep the scene real.

it seems that if you dis anyone who you dont think is techno you get called a "purist" nowadays...

i know but the folk doing the labelling are not the purists so who gives a fuk...ther prob listening to BXR's or summin. Theyll never water down the scene-ther far to many that wont play ther way........

..i luv the fact that techno is underground and hard to really get into.
Makes those that really do make the effort appreciated it sooo much more than having every tom dick and harry....

Stuart
30-01-2004, 03:26 PM

Totally disagree......

No

ahh they must have not been the hardhouse purists you had then.....

ya better get judge jules next time....

i know but the folk doing the labelling are not the purists so who gives a fuk...ther prob listening to BXR's or summin. Theyll never water down the scene-ther far to many that wont play ther way........

Makes those that really do make the effort appreciated it sooo much more than having every tom dick and harry....

**** judge jules he's a first class c Unt

Paul Zykotik
30-01-2004, 03:26 PM

Exactly, so what makes you think Andy Farley is getting into it for a reason other than this? Why is he less likely than you or I to really appreciate it?

gumpy green
30-01-2004, 04:32 PM

Exactly, so what makes you think Andy Farley is getting into it for a reason other than this? Why is he less likely than you or I to really appreciate it?

We will just have to see......... the boy might actually do some good for techno , i dont know.............time will tell.

All im saying is that what ive seen him do so far i woudnt want the same to happen with techno.

But you watch he'll prob get hyped up and worshiped wi HH fans more than a top techno boy.........what does that say.

and judge is not a cunt...hes the best.

Esox Lucius
30-01-2004, 05:38 PM
andy farley done them hard house nation cd's, that is enough to put me off anyone.

jonnyspeed
30-01-2004, 05:52 PM
I moved from hardcore to techno. Fu*k me, DAVE the Drummer moved from soft rock or summit to techno didnt he?!? :lol:

squat rock to squat techno. He was the drummer in Back to the Planet and Geezer was the keyboard player.

eyes without a face
30-01-2004, 09:40 PM
its the same classic argument here people!

an artist from another scene jumping on the bandwagon that is techno. An artist who comes from a quite obviously stale scene, a scene overrun with in my opinion some of the most musically inept artists (if they deserve that title) that ive ever had the misfortune to come across!!!!

Picotto did it, Fergie did it and now its Andy Farleys having a bash at it. YAWWWWWNNNNNN!!!!

im sorry, he maybe the nicest bloke in the world and have a real love for techno, but just think about it. If he has this deep love of techno that a few have pointed out, what the hell was he playing at carving a career out of hard house? there are only 2 words that come to mind. One is SELL, the other is OUT. If the guy loved his techno so much for years, why didnt he channel what little talent he may have into techno productio, djing or promotions instead of flogging the well and truely dying horse that is hard house?

ive had enough of this s.hit and i dont want to know if Andy Farley or Lish Lashes or any of those pricks are starting to play techno. This has really got my goat up now.

I could name literaly hundreds of Djs (most unheard of) who love techno and play with a genuine love of the music and the people they are playing for.

F.uck all that commercial HH bollocks. No offence to Henry as he has proved himself with his music, but i dont even want to hear the record.

Tony
30-01-2004, 10:47 PM

the only thing that would say as why, is because he's just spent the last god knows how many years up to his neck in utter cheese IMO. for me its more to with the comparison of techno - hard house, punk - nu metal. the one is a lifestyle that is a catalyst for society, one is a really treacle covered, pretend rebellion, harder, faster, fad, that will be remembered for what it did. techno is a lifestyle as well as a music, it is something that can be bolied down to the similarities of punk, hip hop, electro, dnb. proper diy lifestyle, make it work as best you can.
hard house, on the other hand, is a load of mad muppets in a big room, going whaaaa these pills are good, mong mong, automotive music, imagination content as stimulation 0% it takes you to a super fluffy space. now, i love super hard techno, but understand the intimidation factor, but nowadays i want to even be talked to by by a dj, not boingee boingee, i live in marshmellow land...??!?!

someone who was into that music may have skills, but what the fudging fudge has he been doing all that time. that to me, if he was into techno and has roots in techno, was selling his soul.

eyes without a face
30-01-2004, 10:51 PM
but nowadays i want to even be talked to by by a dj, not boingee boingee, i live in marshmellow land...??!?!

haha class

i agree with Tony 100% there people, the man speaks sense.

Col
30-01-2004, 11:03 PM
from what i can gather andy farley is just another image obsessed egotistical dj/producer. ive seen him posing in magazines like hes "the man" and the countless cheesy predictable rubbish hes churned out on some of the big commercial labels signifys what this guy is all about.

and the "trying to make techno more popular" "get it out to a wide audience" comments anger me, why cant people understand that popularity is a bad thing? especially when it concerns techno. it just doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

jonnyspeed
31-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Go on have a listen. Sure seems like a HH vs. acid tech structure with a techn drumkit and analogue lines.

http://www.bangingtunes.com/itemdetail_vinyl.asp?ItemID=VCRN001

or

http://www.bangingtunes.com/mp3/vcrn001_A.mp3
http://www.bangingtunes.com/mp3/vcrn001_B.mp3

Prefer the one on Low Rent Operator 7, through the trance on the A is not to my taste...
http://www.bangingtunes.com/mp3/lrox007_B.mp3

eyes without a face
31-01-2004, 10:54 AM
links dont work mate

jonnyspeed
31-01-2004, 11:28 AM
oh yes they do!

Spooney
31-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Saw the drummer play last night...he played a tune he did with farley and it went down really well

Col
31-01-2004, 08:58 PM
from what i can gather andy farley is just another image obsessed egotistical dj/producer. ive seen him posing in magazines like hes "the man" and the countless cheesy predictable rubbish hes churned out on some of the big commercial labels signifys what this guy is all about.

and the "trying to make techno more popular" "get it out to a wide audience" comments anger me, why cant people understand that popularity is a bad thing? especially when it concerns techno. it just doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

i apoligise. i got farley mixed up with BK, but even then, the majority of my earlier comments still apply.

slavestudios
01-02-2004, 12:35 AM
jus checked out the single in question.

first track seems like bouncy techno/hardhouse. second track seems a'ite

techno wont go overground. Umek & Dave Clarke & Fergie can bang away at the Prime stuff. the 'underground crew will be keepin it tight with the future of techno... Amok, Wittekind, McCormack, Natus & all the ppl like me that run nights for the love & for the sheer joy. not cos its 'cool' or makes more money or cos were bored of anything else... cos we love what we do...

ok, i can see fergie or Clarke hittin top 40, but can u see the likes of Amoks Urban Rampage ep going pop ? dont think so...

sure McAffers doin trax on Mukleuz etc, so why the freak out about Farley ?

who cares at the end of the day ? (not in a disrespectful way) let the guy have his shot. when hes on the same bill as Liebing etc, then u can worry :lol:

my club site http://www.perpetualelectronic.co.uk/

Stuart
02-02-2004, 01:27 PM
This debate or argument is one that will never be resolved everyones opinions are different and always will be, But all these are, are opinions you can stamp your feet, shout from the roof tops. These opinions fall on deaf ears. I ****ing hate Tony Blair and the Labour party, I can shout about that but does anyone care thats just my opinion, they still remain the parlimentary seat.
My point is what ever you say on here isn't going to matter, its a message board. If Lisa Lashes was playing techno at techno nights and pulling in 2000 + people for the promoter she will get repeat bookings.
If all off the hard house DJ's decided they were going to play Techno do you think they really care what you say or what you think of them doing that. If suddenly the hard house scene dies and techno becomes the new hard house do you think that you sitting at a desk posting messages on a message board will make the slightest bit of difference.
You should all be greatful for how strong the techno scene is, Cherish things you love, share them with everyone that way they will never die.
People come from all roots into it FFS what style of music did you grow up with ? When did you get into techno? How did you get into techno? Have you ever played another style of music?
At some point in your life you "JUMPED ON THE TECHO BANDWAGON".
People do this every day/weekend.
I eat sleep breathe techno. But I have an open mind. It's not mine it doesn't belong to me, so whats the ****ing problem.

Techno is a form of music, some people listen to it whilst others live for it. no matter who you are your keeping it alive.

slavestudios
02-02-2004, 01:36 PM
respect Stuart.

thread over

Paul Zykotik
02-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Aye, well said Stuart. It's too easy to get drawn into these arguments and forget we're supposed to be enjoying the music we love!

davethedrummer
03-02-2004, 02:47 AM
thank you stuart
very well said

Orange
03-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Cherish things you love, share them with everyone that way they will never die.

:cool:

Tony
04-02-2004, 01:22 AM
i agree with almost everything written here, but some of the things stu's written as examples scare the shit out of me. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

duncandisorderly
15-02-2004, 04:35 PM
i agree with almost everything written here, but some of the things stu's written as examples scare the shit out of me. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

your avatar scares the shit out of me tone ... ;)

Tony
15-02-2004, 09:15 PM
i know, ooh its ded moody and enigmatic isnt it. ha ahaa!!

Stuart
17-02-2004, 04:03 PM
i know, ooh its ded moody and enigmatic isnt it. ha ahaa!!

That depicts you down to a T. ;) :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==