PDA

View Full Version : need help

ritaheed
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
got a couple of synth modules, drum module etc and want to control everythin from my midi keyboard....

set up....

midi out of my controller to the midi in off the interface - midi thru of the interface to midi in of drum machine - midi thru from that to drum module and ive just repeated the process with the synths etc

so i think ive got that set up fine.... its just once im in cubase i dont know what to use for my ins and outs....

ive got 4 options for my ins.... microkontrol 1 midi in, microkontrol 1 port A, microkontrol 1 port B and saffire pro midi

for my outs.... microkontrol 1 midi out, microkontrol ctrl, saffire pro midi

what do i use? also do i need add input and output busses for each bit of equipment thats connected to the interface?

also how do i sync everything using the internal clock?

thanks in advance

ritaheed
08-10-2009, 07:31 PM
got ma ins and outs sorted in ableton but a cant get ma midi keyboard to controll ma other bits of hardware... any ideas?

BranLanen
08-10-2009, 10:46 PM
If you want Cubase or Ableton for sequencing purposes, maybe you need to do midi out (or USB) to Cubase/Ableton from your keyboard, then configure the midi out in Cubase/Ableton thru your saffire (audio card I suppose) and midi out from your saffire to the first hardware device....etc

herman
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Try Midi out from controller to Midi in on the interface then Midi out from interface to the Midi in of the thru box you just bought from me then from that to all the ins on your external gear. You should be able to select the Midi out of your interface on each channel of Ableton it should just then be a question of setting each module to receive on different channels.

278d7e64a374de26f==