PDA

View Full Version : Reason help needed...

MARKEG
28-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Sorry to seem thick, I'm only just starting to realise the power of Reason, but how do you get the aiff files out of the refil file? I love some of the sounds in the Refils and want to use them in other progs...

SlavikSvensk
29-01-2004, 12:47 AM
hmm...i think the .rex, .aiff and .wav files just need to be loaded into their player, then saved in a different location. if that doesn't work, just load the sounds alone and then export it as audio. that seems really cumbersome now that i think of it...maybe there is a function of propellerheads' refill packer that allows you to "depack" the refill? i don't know...

...good luck!

VOMATRON
29-01-2004, 12:48 AM
im not 100% sure, but i think its not possible
but what you could do is load them into a sampler in reason, and then export it as an audio file, and cut it afterwards(if you leave space after, etc. )in some other program...if you get what i mean
this wll of course take some time if theres many you want, but this is what i do :)

i like reason a lot, been using it for 2 years... though it sucks that theres still no VST support

VOMATRON
29-01-2004, 12:49 AM
someone was quick there ;)

jake
29-01-2004, 02:59 AM
yeah u gotta export the audio.. i know u used to be able to take out rebirth mod sounds but i dont think it works in reason.

BloodStar
29-01-2004, 08:37 AM
IMO, it's only posible as written above, load the file to sampler put the left and right locator correctly and then export as (or how it is,,in Reason :)

The Refill packer is for creating refill, not reversely. U can creat your own patches and refills,. There are some known problems while moving the refill between Pc and Mac platforms,. It's something like all aiff files are changing to aifc, which is compressed format of aif, and Reason can't recognize it.

There is some tool for converting these files, it's File Buddy or something like this.

VOMATRON
29-01-2004, 09:56 AM
thanks for pointing this out bloodstar, im doing this at the moment, changing between pc and mac.... but i havent noticed that the format changes...ill check this out tomorrow

BloodStar
29-01-2004, 10:16 AM
just FYI, text from propellerhead website:

If any samples have migrated from one system to another, make absolutely sure that the file format is correct afterwards. We have seen that samples that e.g. have been created on a PC, saved as aiff files and then moved over to a Mac, could appear as AIFC files on the Mac system. The AIFC format is a compressed AIFF file and cannot be recognized by Reason. If this happens You have to convert these files on the Mac, either by using a conversion utility or by simply changing the Creator-type, using e.g File Buddy. Stick to one file type, it doesn't matter at all to the end result if the files are .wav or .aif - when the ReFill has been successfully created it can be used on either a Mac or a Windows system.

VOMATRON
29-01-2004, 10:18 AM
ahh...but i think it doesnt do this if you save the samples within the RNS file, at least i had no problem at all shifting betwwen mac and pc before

BloodStar
29-01-2004, 10:31 AM
i don't have experience with this. maybe sometimes this happens, so it's better to know that this problem m8 occur..

278d7e64a374de26f==