PDA

View Full Version : Aztec Lovers - Thre [Electronica]

Tyrisia
13-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi All,

Not posted here in ages, busy doing other things. I've been working on some concept stuff, here's one of the tracks.

Aztec Lovers - concept music envisualising what those great Gods (aliens as we now suspect) were listening to around the time they visited the Aztec/Mayan cultures. This track is a representation of ascension to the higher planes Aztecs worshipped so hard to attain.

Did the Spanish kill the Native American Aztec culture off? Or is it true that when the Spanish got there, they were gone? Hmm, a whole culture cannot be wiped out so catagorically by a small party of invaders methinks..

And the Nascar Lines, come on..

Anyways Thre (Ascension) (http://www.tyrisia.co.uk/thre.mp3)

Little_Fella!
17-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Ahaaaaa.. .. tis been a while my friend - hope things are good for you :)

Link not found so can't have a good ol' think about what happened to them poor sausages, whilst checkin' yer ambience out...

DannyBlack
17-10-2009, 09:43 PM
ooooh you painted a picture now buddy, get that link back up there!

Tyrisia
17-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Damn, it didn't upload properly, after all that build-up too hehe.

@ LittleFella - cheers mate, good to be back, how's tricks with you? Have you done any good tunage recently?

Linky working again :)

Tyrisia
17-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Oh by the way, gold star to anyone who can figure out the time signature, it ain't 4/4, that's a hint..

Little_Fella!
18-10-2009, 09:52 AM
53/77 :exclaim::exclaim: ..... wha? come on now, I muss be close :briggin:

Try the Deviant & Co tune near to this post matey.. cheers man :)

DannyBlack
18-10-2009, 12:55 PM
7/4

I really like this. really melodic work- it's pretty!

Tyrisia
18-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Cheers guys, I think 7/4 is about right, not 100% sure myself :)

Glad you like it Danny, I figure there's enough hard techno out there, and minimal, so I'm trying something different - and it's fun :)

Little_Fella!
19-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Very nice and melodic this... I'm not sure whether your after production shizz as praps this be juss a play around for you - which is a good thing to do - I need to be more melodic to be honest .. and listening to such ditties helps me absorb the structure... so thanks for that ! :)

Tyrisia
19-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah dude, deconstruct the mix for sure, just make sure you download again as I put up a new mix last night :)

I'm going for a big sound, and am trying to mix through the limiter, centering the kick at 0db and working around that, limiter at -0.01 btw, just to allow for upwards mixing of certain sounds. It seems the best way I've found of guarenteeing how a mix will sound after mastering, and the one tune I tried this out before on came out best from being mastered.

I realize I'm some way off getting it perfect, but I think the current mix has a good balance between dynamic range and volume, without sounding heavily limited. Mainly it doesn't hurt my ears, which most other stuff does in headphones these days. But that's just my opinion..

Fire away with ideas, I actually have a large soft spot for this tune, so help getting it sounding nice would be much appreciated :)

Little_Fella!
21-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Just letting you know I'm shizzin' off to ma folks for the weekend so not getting chance to have another listen .. will get chance next week - I hope!

Cheers... :)

278d7e64a374de26f==