YO Yo
I live in outer east Melbourne.
great 2 know i am not alone :lol:

jonnyspeed
29-01-2004, 07:41 PM
hewo soulja

buster
29-01-2004, 07:45 PM
How ya doin mate - crack open a Tooheys and come on in.

dan the acid man
29-01-2004, 08:01 PM
hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance: welcome aboard :dance:

anx
29-01-2004, 08:03 PM
i hear the techno's great out in melbourne

i will be there late this year / early next year

can't wait!

PDT
29-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

NUCLEUS: Likewise! :lol:

I really like it here already!

anx: Is it a social/business visit? :)

MARKEG
29-01-2004, 09:06 PM
hey hey welcome!!!

Esox Lucius
29-01-2004, 09:06 PM
welcome :cool:

Komplex
29-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Hiya Pete :)

anx
29-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

NUCLEUS: Likewise! :lol:

I really like it here already!

anx: Is it a social/business visit? :)

im gettin my holiday work visa to come down for about 8 months. im starting out in perth where i have some family friends and then going out east to sydney and melbourne.

tryin to make some contacts for out east, hopefully i can find some cool techno people to rent a room from for a while, but i have 10 months to look, so im not worried yet...but i will be bringing my records down....been playin for 4 years about now

PDT
29-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Heya Greg :D

anx: sounds good. Well, when you're ready, hit me up :)

Methodixxx
29-01-2004, 10:55 PM
G'day Pete, good to see more Aussies on the board ;) I'm the Sydney representative :lol:

Do you do your own nights down there...?

PDT
29-01-2004, 11:17 PM
G'day Pete, good to see more Aussies on the board ;) I'm the Sydney representative :lol:

Do you do your own nights down there...?

Gday mate :) Good to see more and more Aussies out there!!

Yep i do...our most recent show was Misstress Barbara.

Methodixxx
29-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Kewl, I just started doing some of my own nights and I help out with the Swarm and Rebirth crews up here... Speak to you soon about a few things ;)

PDT
30-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Cool :)

Nice avatar too :clap: :lol:

NUCLEUS
30-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Melbourne is in a bit of a hole with its tekno scene. The smaller crews r keeping it together, and the big crews loosing the plot.
Hardware doing tha comercial thing,WETMUSIK only do a couple of party's a year, and Teriaki having probs with numbers on night.
But hopefully when u come here u will be able 2 go 2 a outdoor festival.
Earthcore being the leaders in outdoor electronic festivals, do there thing every year from november to around feb. They just had there 10 year bash with the likes of Robert Liener,Dave the Drummer, SHPONGLE(******* Brilliant), Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection and heaps more.
Also , festivals like Rainbow serpent and Tribadelic have big followings.
Psy might not be your taste, but a Earthcore party does not follow one style of musik,with its only basis being electronic musik.

Hope that preperes u for your trip. ;)

anx
31-01-2004, 03:33 AM
where in australia is the best for techno?

how is sydney?

PDT
31-01-2004, 05:39 AM

how is sydney?

One of Sydney's longest running techno nights up there called teknical *spellin* closed down a few weeks ago and their events dont normally incorporate techno anywhere near as often as Melbourne...Melbourne is still lucky with techno so my advice would be to head to Melbourne and take it from there...

Methodixxx
31-01-2004, 08:26 AM

how is sydney?

Hahaha.. don't listen to melbourne people about sydney.. they have some weird superiority complex... :lol:

Technikal closed down.. but really it's no big loss... the actual techno crowd didn't go there much at all.. it was a tiny club full of wankers mostly :doh: They did get the touring acts but just did it all wrong...

The bigger names in techno still get a good crowd though, but there's not enough info getting out to people about the 'not so big' names (which I'm trying to help change with contibutions to various things like inthemix.com.au - heehee...). The local scene is quite small but there for the right reasons and are really passionate about the music. Alot of people like it this way obviously... There's a few crews doing good things, and we had Swarm with Mr DAVE the Drummer at the end of last year and almost sold the venue out with about 550/600... reletively small but damn quality! :rambo:

Next week there's a night on called Rebirth, with a damn noice local line-up (me on 3 decks may not be nice however... hahaha.. ;) )... then the week after is a big commercial trance party that a few friends are playing at and waving the techno banner... the week after is Metrotech, always a solid night to play at... etc.. etc...

And I know that now most of this group of promoters are mates, it's looking pretty chiz... we're already planning a couple of joint nights for the next few months with some international guests which is exciting for moi :mashed:

As for where's best... I'm not getting into that :scratch: But Melb does have the reputation.. :gutted:

PDT
31-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Hahaha.. don't listen to melbourne people about sydney.. they have some weird superiority complex... :lol:

Hehe, i actually agree with that comment but seriously, we dont hear enough about techno in Sydney! *we can help each other here ;)*

We're a weird bunch! :rambo: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==