PDA

View Full Version : FLANGE/PHASE

baptismo
29-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I really love using flangers/phasers when writing trance... they make everything seem that little bit more interesting. Also really love it when the effect is applied to the whole track for a bar or so... Marco V and Paul Van Dyk do it loads... just wondered what plugins/fx units other people use?

I really like the ohm boyz mobilohm, timeworks phazer.. also the DSP flange is nice.. :)

EmotionComplex
29-01-2004, 10:57 PM
i dont think ive used any master flange on anything im working on yet but i do like the phase on the virus for riffs

WEZ
30-01-2004, 08:30 AM
i use tigers mums flange a lot !

EmotionComplex
30-01-2004, 04:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DJCraig Ryan
02-02-2004, 09:41 PM

good effort son!

Chris Hare
03-02-2004, 01:57 PM
ummm theres nothing like a nice bit of flange!! i use meta flanger by waves for that one bar of the whole mix vibe jon! i like the filtorator and some of the ultra funk stuff is cool for a really clean sounding phazer!!

Jay M
03-02-2004, 02:40 PM
waves metaflanger is my fave

MARKEG
06-02-2004, 03:55 AM
i love that metaflange too

Basil Rush
08-02-2004, 03:33 PM
metaflanger is the most fantastic plugin ever. not because it's the most exciting, but because it's just dead handy. i mean we use it to flange things and chorus things sometimes, but there are better chorus units out there, but you can press the stop button and use it to make an acoustic guitar sound wide with a 10ms delay, or you can use it to make a hi-hat nice and stereo, just fiddle with the depth till the tone sounds the same in mono and stereo, or you can use it to make things rattle around like they are in a baked bean can (set the depth to 0 use a long delay time and some feedback then automate the depth to 100 at a point in the track) ...

you can use it to subtley push things back in the mix or to put a really nasty evil eq/fixed flange effect on say a short hi-hat to bring it right up in your face.

it's fantastic! shame the chorus ain't great really!

278d7e64a374de26f==