PDA

View Full Version : Drumazon + Ableton

hooodlum
25-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm sure people here use d16 Drumazon, I'm having some problems with how to use it..

I want to be able to effect each drum seperatly and trigger midi with Abletons sequencer (not Drumazons internal one)..

I can get Cubase to do this but not as yet Ableton, anyone else using it like this?

I see its got 16 audio outputs, how do i route each one to a seperate audio track?

Cubase does this automatically and then you can just add verb and delay on a send for each drumhit and compress as a group..

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jake Conlon
25-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey, I never tried that but it works.
Here's what I just did while experimenting.

- Drag Drumazon into Session View and it will create it's own track.
- Right-Click on it and choose "Group Tracks" just to keep things organized.
- Right Click on the Drumazon track (NOT the group track) and choose "Insert Audio Track" and create as many audio tracks as the amount of drums you're going to use. I'm assuming 11 is the maximum you would need for Drumazon.
- In each new audio track under Monitor choose In and Audio From should say #-Drumazon (# can be any number depending on your set)
-Under that Choose DRMZN 1-Drumazon and of course do the same for each track but just replace the 1 with 2,3,4 etc.
- MUTE the original Drumazon midi track because you don't need to hear it anymore considering the audio from each drum has it's own track now.

Found the above on a scan of the ableton forums. I have drumazon but dont use it much, will have a little fiddle. :roflmao:

hooodlum
25-10-2009, 10:09 PM
mate thats spot on, i neglected to put the monitor mode to 'in' !

works great, just need to grab ableton 8 to be able to group tracks :confused:

its lack of features like this that makes ableton really tricky to use, i am slowly falling in love with it for production though :D

278d7e64a374de26f==