PDA

View Full Version : new track i am workin on

BloodStar
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
ey guys, here is a sample of the track i am working on at the moment. just first two minutes so still lot of work with it.

i done it under my other pseudonym Fractalized, where i aim more on deeper/synthy/clubbing stuff.

let me know what you think

http://www.shadowdistrict.net/mp3/fractalized-seventh_sin.mp3

DannyBlack
08-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I really like where this is going. I like the synth pattern the way it hits just after the beat. I'm really interested to see where you take it mate!

Siege
09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Downloading now Vlasta.....long time no speak matey ;)

BloodStar
09-11-2009, 05:35 PM
cheers danny. yeah it is just a beginning, still long path to full track,. gonna build it around those lead sounds, will see :] gonna post properly mixed version soon..

yeah, long time know speak cal. how's it going. gimme a shout on msn. ;-]

Little_Fella!
15-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Very promising start this matey...

nice n clean already so when you come to ''spit n polish'' time you won't have so much to do - really like the hook and the elements are all sounding nice together... love the pan on the short ride burst you have there .. interesting and measured movement going on .. volume on your bass might be .5db too high as it is swallowing the kick >> but measure this against a mastered track on your home stereo to see if I'm right first ...

production wise this is the best I have heard from you Vlasta so props for that matey... :exclaim:

This is tech-house or even 'tech-funk' _>>which is what they are looking for in that Lot49 records competition I mentioned (the link is in the competition thread below.. the deadline entry is 1st Dec so why not aim for that? .. .. I'm entering the track in the other thread below with a couple of others I haVva made just to have something to focus on... which helps with the learning curve :;

Looking forward to the update ... :cool:

BloodStar
15-11-2009, 01:20 PM
ey ben, cheers for your reply, mate. appart developing the lead lines, i will closely check the bass. bass is fat minimoog bass, so I might treat it bit better, as it's true it is covering lot of pace in lowend... i didnt try sidechain compression, yet,. it might help, tho.

as for the production, glad it translates well on your side,. it is first mix on my new soundcard (RME Fireface 400), so i am still learning it,. even i keep production proccess same as always, it somehow sounds better. better d/a converters and clock in compare to soundcard i've been using up to now. loving it.

i might send it to Lot49 competition. i hope i will finish it in next 2 weeks and will enter the competition. will send updated version soon...

Little_Fella!
20-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Good man...

... when I say about the kick being swallowed I mean totally the below 75hz .. find the balance between the bass n kick so that you can juuuust here the bottom thrum of those low frequencies coming from the kick .. side chainn is a must n you will be able to balance them no problem .. if you feel you need to put a low filter -12db or 6db (6 should be fine but listen to the difference >> 39.99hz on your bass channel and a low filter 35hz @ -6db Low pass >> get the most out of these two elements

Then build as the riff is quite rich n juss needs a tiny tweek to thicken it up with 10%wet mix with short - ' 3 left .. 4 right delay' or whatever suits

More skitter is needed mind... get the shimmy factor going to add to your shaker - imagine being stood there with a pair of maracas .. what would you do as your job as a percussionist to complement the pan of that ride/hat?

Develop this with two more strong elements n make progression simple but effective and you should put this forward for the competition without doubt - Meat Katie goes for late night after party style lose yourself in the deep groove type tunage...

Best of luck charver... :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==