PDA

View Full Version : (Lon) 12-12-09 Süd Electronic’s Yuletide Knees up With Levon Vincent & XDB

tigershadow
13-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Süd Electronic’s Yuletide Knees up With Levon Vincent & XDB - 12th December 09

Levon Vincent : New York - ( Novel Sound , Deconstruct , Underground Quality , Ostgut Ton )

XDB : Göttingen, Germany – London Debut ( Metrolux , Sistrum , Wave Music , Delikat )

Lakuti : ( Uzuri , Süd , Spectral )
Visuals By Valero Doval : http://www.valerodoval.com/

Venue : The Basement of The Camp - 70-74 City Road, London EC1Y 2BJ ( Less than a minute from Old Street Tube )

Advance Tickets Priced @ £10 + Booking fee from :

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?127903
Otherwise it’s £12 on The Door

Times : 10 pm – 6 am

Now with An improved Sound system As well as Extra Speakers To Cover the Back Area Of The Venue .

The party that we most look forward to , our last blow out for the year . We’ve pulled out all the stops to make this one the party to remember . well we hope so anyway ?

For the last 4 years we’ve been collaborating with Dial Records for the Xmas Knees up . In the spirit of refreshing things ……. We will be bringing a different kind of beast to the table @ this Year’s do !!!

I am personally , extremely excited to be bringing over these 2 producers/dj’s to London , namely Levon Vincent & XDB .

Levon Vincent

To say that Levon has had a great year would be a huge understatement . 2009 has seen him capturing both the House & Techno community with his rugged house structures and classic dub tones and properly pumping rhythms . In other words music to make you move !!!
Levon has been receiving props from some of the most respected dj’s/producers out there : Marcell Dettman , Ben Klock , Dj Deep , Tricksi , Jus Ed , Dj Qu , Dan Curtin , Don Williams , Tama Sumo , Steffi , Santiago Salazar , The Clone Crew , Redshape and that’s just for starters .

His contribution on the latest Panorama bar mix by Tama Sumo – “ Late Night Jam “ has further demonstrated just how much of a devastating effect Levon’s Music has on the dancefloor . That riff is enough to blow you into submission and then some .
Double Jointed Sex Freak – his next ep on Novel Sound further cements Levon Vincent as a truly exciting producer ! Big !!!

Levon however is no fly by night one trick pony . his been working hard for years on his craft !

Levon Vincent is a DJ and producer from NYC. He is part of the tri-state’s Underground Quality crew Headed by label owner Jus Ed. He runs the Novel Sound label and also makes records for Deconstruct Music, a second label which he manages alongside longtime friend Anthony Parasole (of House n Home).?”I spent my teenage years in the pre-Guiliani dance-friendly 90’s on 8th street at Patricia Field’s store, ticketing clothing in the basement during days, then spending my nights DJing and learning to make house music. In that era I DJ’d at clubs like Limelite, Shelter, Save the Robots, and Nation. The latter half of the 90s was pretty weak in NY, and I dropped out to focus on learning more about music. In 2002, I started working for Halcyon Records in Brooklyn where we hosted parties with DJs like Frankie Knuckles, Danny Krivit, Nicky Siano, Mark Kamins, Jus-Ed and many more inspirational figures. During this time I ran my first record label, “MoremusicNY” and I made my first deep house record, nomoreheros, (released in 2002). Jaymz Nylon heard it in the store and gave me some very important feedback, and helped me understand a newer approach to doing arrangements “on the fly”, which I then explored for the next several years. This technique proved to be a huge piece of the puzzle for me. In 2007 I began preparation for my label, Novel Sound, under the guidance of friend and mentor Jus Ed.”

So come and experience some of that New York magic come December the 12th .

XDB :

I first experienced an XDB set @ this years Free Rotation Festival in August . I got woken up by the sound of pure Raw bass which permeated through my window on the Sunday morning . I was compelled to wake up and go and investigate . I quickly stumbled towards the outside tent and there he was expertly melding Raw , Warm analogue sounds from the past to the present . I was mesmerized . I patiently waited for him to finish the set and subsequently invited him to come play in London on the 12th December alongside Levon Vincent & myself .

The adage – less is More , truly applies to XDB.
2009 has only seen 2 releases from him . The astonishingly good Cagomi Ep on Metrolux & the equally good Mihon Ep on Delikat and November 16th 09 will see another killer ep coming out on the legendary Francois K’s New York Imprint ; Wave Music .

DJ/Producer XDB AKA Kosta Athanassiadis has been Djing since the early nineties but it’s in the last few years that his abilities as a producer have come to fore both through his recordings for labels such as Detroit’s Sistrum and the fledgling Delikat and his releases on his own Metrolux label which he founded in 2006.

After years of working in a record shop, he launched his Metrolux label in 2006 and works closely with producers Atheus and Arne Weinberg.Lately, Kosta Athanassiadis is garnering the overdue attention. In April 2009, he delivered mnml ssgs' 25th podcast in two parts – the beloved bloggers had seen XDB perform at Tokyo's Labyrinth festival about six months earlier, and eagerly anticipated the chance to share a live set he'd recorded in Hamburg with their readers. In the following month, Intrusion contributed a podcast to Resident Advisor, and incorporated XDB's live version of “Descap,” which was released on Metrolux before its re-release on Francois K's Wave Music label. The latter was his big break, and since its issue in 2007, Kosta has been developing a renowned name as a very accomplished artist . He also has a release on Sistrum, which is owned and operated by Detroit's own Patrice Scott. he and XDB share the vision of pushing a sound that is influenced by Detroit but not trapped by its legacy . XDB’s DJ sets are full of organic warmth and depth, and it's here that he lives up to his reputation as a historian of electronic music. His live sets repeatedly curate a greatest hits playlist that pores over the blueprints of dub, house and techno from the last thirty to forty years. He sees his music heading in a direction that ranges from deep and soulful Detroit house to raw, analogue sounding dub techno, which is executed brilliantly on his last Metrolux EP, Cagomi. Throughout his growing popularity, XDB has kept his identity nearly silent, allowing his music to be unpolluted by preconceived notions that comes with branding one's image. “Less is more,” he suggests, applying the advice to inspiring and established artists.
With over 5000 records in his collection , it looks like we are in for a treat come December the 12th .
Levon & Xdb will be supported by Uzuri & Süd head honcho Lakuti.

Links :
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Levon+Vincent
http://www.myspace.com/levonvincent
http://www.discogs.com/artist/XDB
http://www.myspace.com/metrolux
http://www.wavemusic.com/wave-artist/227

hope to see you then !

278d7e64a374de26f==