PDA

View Full Version : What are the best techno shops in London?

SlavikSvensk
31-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Hello. I'm probably going to be in London in March and want to hear people's thoughts on the best places to get techno records there. When I lived there I used to either go to the shops on Berwick Street, Atlas or that little place in Camden. It's been a while, so I'm out of date and I hear Atlas is gone. Any suggestions??

spiralx
31-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Trackheads, 117 Kentish Town Road

Kinetec, Little Portland St

Those are the two decent ones :)

jonnyspeed
31-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Bangingtunes (Kenetic), Little portland street (www.bangingtunes.com)
Trackheads/Access All Areas, Kentish town road (www.trackheads.co.uk)

Eukatech on Endall Street
Mad records, silver street (/www.madrecords.ne)
Rhythm Records, camden high Street
Soul & Dance Exchange, Notting Hill Gate (http://www.mveshops.co.uk/info/locations.htm)

dirty_bass
01-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Eukatech on Endall Street
Mad records, silver street (/www.madrecords.ne)
these are the best, they have abroader selection of techno. whereas bangingtunes and trackheadz tend to stock or push mostly the london and acid techno sound (understandably)

SlavikSvensk
01-02-2004, 06:27 PM
i used to go to eukatech 6 years ago when i lived there and felt it was too much tech-house. is that still the case or has it changed?

jonnyspeed
01-02-2004, 08:12 PM
depends onwhat you call "too much"? They sell alot of techno surely dunt matter if they sell more tech house. And you really haven't explained what labels/artists you are after. Anyway it would only take you 10 minutes to look. I tend to do all of them because you can pick up different tunes in different shops.

serox
02-02-2004, 10:17 AM
euka tech is like £8 or £9 a record! and its more house yes still. some light techno...

london is not very good i think for techno tbh. for the size of the city its mad that there are only a few record shops that sell techno! and the ones that do sell alot of shit. better off buying from the internet i think :(

278d7e64a374de26f==