PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao wins 7th title

SlavikSvensk
15-11-2009, 04:54 PM
anyone see the fight? apparently pac-man beat the living hell out of cotto, who is a pretty good fighter.

bring on floyd

The fight likely will set up an even bigger one against Floyd Mayweather Jr., and many in crowd were already chanting, "We want Floyd! We want Floyd."

"I want to see him fight Mayweather," trainer Freddie Roach said.

Mayweather may have second thoughts after Pacquiao did what no fighter has done before -- win a belt in a seventh weight class. More impressive, though, is how he has fought, dismantling opponents despite moving up consistently from 106 pounds to the 144 he weighed for the fight.

Insomnia
16-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah was a tidy fight, Cotto was on the end of some heavy treatment.

Cant wait for Pac man v Mayweather!

Numeric
16-11-2009, 11:44 AM
what an incredible display from pacquiao

cotto started reasonably well and i thought he was gonna really test pacs but no way

pacquiao's power and speed are immense

so looking forward to seeing him against mayweather

force
16-11-2009, 12:28 PM
so looking forward to seeing him against mayweather

*Drool*

Numeric
16-11-2009, 03:16 PM
mayweather's already been sayin that it'll be an 'easy fight' for him :lol:

cotta managed to hit pacs a good few times but he just didn't seemed phased

i'm still backin mayweather despite pacquiao's performance, but i can't see it being an easy fight for either man

SlavikSvensk
16-11-2009, 05:11 PM
i don't see how mayweather could beat pacquiao right now.

said before on here...he would have won in 2007, but it's a different ball game now.

djfase
16-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Awesome display by pacman

Totally took cotto apart round after round. Ref should have stopped it earlier.

The man is totally dominant in this sport.

Mayweather fight has to happen and if he beats him will surely have to go down as the best fighter ever. He has beaten every name on the planet

Numeric
17-11-2009, 10:54 AM
i don't see how mayweather could beat pacquiao right now.

said before on here...he would have won in 2007, but it's a different ball game now.

cotto had some success when he stuck to his boxing, is was when he started to take a few hits that he seemed to lose his cool and leave gaps in his defence for pacs to exploit

mayweather's defence won't be so easily breached

SlavikSvensk
17-11-2009, 03:52 PM
mayweather's also not as much of a brawler as cotto, nor is he as bold.

mayweather's best chance, IMO, is to take it the distance and try for a decision. but pac-man's just too fast and technical at this point, while mayweather's off his peak performance.

Numeric
17-11-2009, 05:29 PM
while mayweather's off his peak performance.

did you not see him against marquez? the performance was of fine vintage

SlavikSvensk
17-11-2009, 08:28 PM
kind of a cotton candy opponent though, wasn't it.

force
18-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Watched the fight tonight.

FACKIN HELL!!!!

Manny is the Tasmanian devil!

basslinejunkie
18-11-2009, 01:39 PM
cotto had some success when he stuck to his boxing, is was when he started to take a few hits that he seemed to lose his cool and leave gaps in his defence for pacs to exploit

mayweather's defence won't be so easily breached

i wouldnt call boxing from the back foot and trying to not get knocked out as success.

cotto is one of my fave fighters and just got absolutely destroyed,the last 5 rounds he was just trying to survive which says it all!

Numeric
19-11-2009, 02:17 PM
i wouldnt call boxing from the back foot and trying to not get knocked out as success.

he wasn't on the back foot though in the first few rounds, even after the knock downs he still looked ok and was boxing reasonably well

SlavikSvensk
19-11-2009, 06:28 PM
that's not a ringing endorsement, numeric

Numeric
20-11-2009, 02:43 PM
lol fair do's, just tryin to make the point that mayweather will be much more of a challenge for pacquiao

force
20-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Arrrgghh.

Its unbearable waiting for this fight and its not even been arranged yet!

SlavikSvensk
20-11-2009, 07:52 PM
i have this feeling that floyd's gonna pussy out

force
20-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I think the size of the purse might well sway him..

SlavikSvensk
20-11-2009, 11:19 PM
yes, BUT...apparently both fighters are demanding a more than 50% share.

Numeric
22-11-2009, 11:28 AM
if mayweather doesn't have this fight then he needs to shut up and accept that pacs is the pound for pound best fighter in the world

no exuses

SlavikSvensk
22-11-2009, 04:18 PM
here's the argument as to why it might not happen

Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs), who is coming off a unanimous decision over Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19, has made no secret of his dislike of his former promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who just happens to be Pacquiao's promoter. "Money" insists that he won't throw down with "Pac-Man" unless Arum recuses himself from the promotion, which won't happen, or if he gets anything less than a 60-40 split in his favor, which also won't happen. It is Mayweather's contention that since he's undefeated and Pacquiao isn't, he deserves a larger slice of what figures, even in the throes of a recession, to be a very substantial pie.

but like force said, it's a lot of money, and who really wants to turn down $100 million over a grudge?

278d7e64a374de26f==