PDA

View Full Version : Best country for techno?

MARKEG
03-02-2003, 02:19 PM
For me, there's been so many great techno parties I've played at throughout the world - I can't say which country has the best scene.

But I'm intrigued to know what everyone else thinks...

JACKSTAR
03-02-2003, 02:28 PM
For me without a doudt it has to be Germany. The German promoters all seem to pull-out all the stops to make the night a success. The soundsystems 95% of the time kickass and the clubbers are always so into the music and really enthusiastic. Also Germany girls are just SO FIT !!!!!! they all seem to go down the gym and sunbeds and really take good care of themselves.....Mmmmm.

My top 5 German Clubs -

U30311 - Frankfurt
SO36 - Berlin
Beatklinik - Menteroda
Palazzo - Bingen
Prison - Landau

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

gunjack
03-02-2003, 02:44 PM
japan is mental.

krakp0t
03-02-2003, 04:43 PM
germany has timewarp:

http://www.time-warp.de/html/event/timewarp2003/main/default.asp

click the link for "lineup" you'll be impressed.

i think the best parties are prolly in netherlands though.

http://www.awakenings.nl

Adverse
03-02-2003, 04:51 PM
montreal is doing something right... ;)

TripleX
03-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Germany for sure

miromiric.
03-02-2003, 05:41 PM
countries of eastern europe defo

DJAmok
03-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Also Germany girls are just SO FIT !!!!!! they all seem to go down the gym and sunbeds and really take good care of themselves.....Mmmmm.

Where do you find those? :shock: I must be going to the wrong clubs :? . The ones that come at me are usually... fat n pale *ugh*

best country for techno, well I can´t really say for sure, but Germany is pretty good actually, definately has a scene. Pitty though there´s a lot qubbling among the followers of different techno styles (i.e. Tech-House vs. Schranz, etc)

Eastern Europe ("The NEW Europe" :wink: ) is great, lotta good talent coming from there, and especially Poland. Great folks, too, really nice friendly people.

Canada seems to not have much of a scene, but lots of people who are trying to establish one. I get about 25% of all 'fan mail' from Canada, they really like it hard as hell there and many guys seem to pick up producing nowadays.

ampassasinbirmingham
03-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Jack Star r u paul langley? if u r guest list superstars kicked ass! I would say germany but i expect the dj's and the experienced clubbers on this board would know best as they have seen a lot in the flesh.

The Uk is getting better by the day but im so scared of people jumping on the band wagon cuz its the flavour of the month. I didnt see it properly as i threw it down in disgust, but i was given a gods kitchen flyer out side Atomic Jam and it read olong the lines of

FERGIE
exclusive 3hour techno set
UMEk

My plan is to pay an assasin all the money i can raise to assasinate the both of them, then they might stop techno getting a shit image. I dont mind fergie playing a few wiked techno tracks to spread it to the masses but he plays loadsa shit and half the people he is playing to dont even realise they r listening to techno, thats y they have to say it on the flyer. If u go to an event and Dj rush is playing, u dont have to say that he is playing techno, its a given thing. if the masses wanna c a proper techno dj they need to watch a well respected one that can mix it properly.

ampassasinbirmingham
03-02-2003, 07:34 PM
me and my m8s should all be going 2 time warp. looks ****ing wiked dont it? with ryan air .com its only £25 return from london stanstead to frankfurt. we r going on the friday. making our way from frankfurt to sttutgart( dunno how tho :? ) then going time warp and chilling 4 a few days.

i really need to know how to get some skunk in germany. i will deffinantly need a spliff after timewarp and i dont wanna ask round loadsa bars. any suggestions?

JACKSTAR
03-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Ampassasinbirmingham,

Yes it was me "Guestlist Superstars".

Coming soon : Major Rush & Paul Langley - Killah! (4 X 4 X 14 records)

P.

www.jackstar-recordings.com

www.paullangley.net

TripleX
04-02-2003, 05:13 PM
nice one paul lookin forward to 4x4x14 :D .

I might be going to time-warp as well. if you are lookin for weed it shouldn´t be no problem, the last time i went there two years ago about 100 people aksed me if i want drugs. There´s usually more drugs than people at the big german raves.
but watch the cops dude they are really rude down here. they treat you like a murder if they catch with one gramm

ROD
05-02-2003, 02:15 AM
for me the best country for techno is BRAZIL...
all the tops acid djs came every year.
frank can say more about the brazilian techno scene.
[]s
ROD

Dustin Zahn
07-02-2003, 06:51 AM
I've heard mostly good things about south america.

one thing is for sure. don't ever come play in usa...theres nothing here.

miromiric.
07-02-2003, 11:10 AM
dustin, i believe we have mutual friend - dbit! he asked me for my demo for livewire!

he said he gets 50 ppl on parties in detroit. that suckz bigtime! aparently everything goes in cycles. techno is now on the rise in eastern europe and has reached the lowest level in states. i bet western europe is about to experience breakdown, then eastern parts while states gonna rise again.

Dustin Zahn
07-02-2003, 03:35 PM
David Bittermans a cool dude no doubt. The only place we have left here in the states is Chicago.

278d7e64a374de26f==