PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DJM600

slavestudios
01-02-2004, 03:39 AM
industry standard mixer. to dj mixers, what 1210s are to turntables.

what y'all reckon ? think i'll try the Behringer rip off next for under £180

http://www.strumentimusicali.net/images/BEHRINGER_djx700.jpg

http://www.perpetualelectronic.co.uk/

http://www.club-nut.co.uk/audio/PeteDonaldson%20-%20Sound%20Of%20Resonate%20Guest%20Mix%20Vol%202%2 0(October%2003).mp3

drift9
01-02-2004, 06:25 AM
Never played with a Behringer before, but I gotta be a bit suspicious about a mixer with so many “perks” at such a low price line. Gotta assume the sound quality ain’t all that and all the parts aren’t so quality (which is the case with the pioneer djm series). You pay for what you get and that’s why’d I’d go for a nice Vestax or an Allen & Heath.

Anyone here actually enjoy the pioneer djm series?

daviec
01-02-2004, 10:33 AM
I hadn't really used any of the djm's until last year, but I quite enjoyed a play with the fx for a while. But basically I'd be happy with a mixer that had a delay on each channel.

The set-up I'm used to now I use a seperate fx unit which allows the fx to be sent to bass, mid, and treb independently. I like that.

I quite like the djm's though. I wouldn't be upset if there wasn't one in a club I was playing though.

slavestudios
01-02-2004, 12:35 PM
ive used Behringer a lot & they do the job for sure. cheap dont always mean nasty ppl :nono:

wouldnt ever consider buying a Vestax. do not like them one bit for techno. awful awful awful (no disrespect)

had an Allen & Heath. really nice feel with excellent sound but very expensive...

my reasoning for the DJX700 is that i run nights & my kit is constantly on the move & being used by other ppl. so i aint up for spending a grand on a mixer for some dickhead to drop drink & fag ash all over (the club i use has a sound system & thats it, so we gotta bring our own dex/mixer)

NUCLEUS
01-02-2004, 07:23 PM
I use a DJM600 and EFX 500. For tekno DJM 500 or 600 rock. I have used the Berhringer rip off of the DJM 300. I think its called DJX 400. What a turd. The Berhinger is sloppy and feels like a toy. It Features -32 db kill that i think the djm's -26 db kill would give a good run 4 its money. BPM counter is 2 slow and whats with that stupid beat display. I did a 45 min mix and could not get them display a beat mix. And yes i was beat mixing.
Even the owner of the berhinger was pead off.
If i recall, Pioneer only use Pioneer parts, where Berhinger use parts from differant company's.
I have the 600 and EFX for 18 months and still can not complain.(just 1, no kill switch's,only nobs on the 600, but the EFX does)
Consider the DJM 500. Only has -24 db kill and no sampler, but is a lot cheaper than the 600. Its black tooooooo.
Hope that can help. ;)

Analbumcover
01-02-2004, 09:28 PM
my reasoning for the DJX700 is that i run nights & my kit is constantly on the move & being used by other ppl. so i aint up for spending a grand on a mixer for some dickhead to drop drink & fag ash all over (the club i use has a sound system & thats it, so we gotta bring our own dex/mixer)

Soundlab decks look an awful lot like technics, but would you use them in a club in case someone dropped fag ash on your expensive 1210's????

This behringer mixer might look a lot like a DJM-600 but that's pretty much where the similarity stops. At the end of the day it's an just a cheap 4 channel mixer with a cheap crappy efx (with no control over the parameters) unit bolted on to it. You'd be better off buying a decent 2 channel mixer that can withstand being lugged to clubs and having fag ash spilt on it.

daviec
01-02-2004, 10:15 PM
I use a DJM600 and EFX 500. For tekno DJM 500 or 600 rock. I have used the Berhringer rip off of the DJM 300. I think its called DJX 400. What a turd. The Berhinger is sloppy and feels like a toy. It Features -32 db kill that i think the djm's -26 db kill would give a good run 4 its money. BPM counter is 2 slow and whats with that stupid beat display. I did a 45 min mix and could not get them display a beat mix. And yes i was beat mixing.
Even the owner of the berhinger was pead off.
If i recall, Pioneer only use Pioneer parts, where Berhinger use parts from differant company's.
I have the 600 and EFX for 18 months and still can not complain.(just 1, no kill switch's,only nobs on the 600, but the EFX does)
Consider the DJM 500. Only has -24 db kill and no sampler, but is a lot cheaper than the 600. Its black tooooooo.
Hope that can help. ;)

I'm using a Pioneer DJM 300, and a EFX 500 at home, and I prefer that set-up to a 5 or 600. Maybe coz I'm used to it now, or maybe it's just having that bit more control with the dedicated fx unit.

Putting the fx just through the mids and treble, and leaving the bass clean can produce some superb fx.

MARKEG
03-02-2004, 01:10 AM
PLEASE choose the right forum for this. i'm gonna move it anyway.

el_satan666
07-02-2004, 12:25 AM
I learned to mix on the DJM600. (a friends) It seems kind of half way between a studio & dj mixer. The beat-matched effects are nice, but not variable enough, and VERY awkward to set up to a Kaoss pad.

I bought my first mixer , Numark Matrix 3, and am very pleased. Nice large differences in eq. settings, kill switches, and punch buttons. Not really suited for production, but for a dirty mixer that sounds good and performs well it's the Dog's Bollo(x).

DJCraig Ryan
08-02-2004, 12:23 PM
I own a DJM600 and it is absolutely class! Sound quality is good, and the EQ's are very accurate and crisp indeed! Then obviously you have the effects and the sampler which i use very often in ma mixes!
You pay for what you get i suppose.
As for the rip-off DJM600, im not sure about this at all!

Paul Nisbet
08-02-2004, 12:37 PM
i had a behringer once, and it fell apart pretty soon like...

imo, stay well clear!

mindgame
08-02-2004, 10:20 PM
i was looking at this mixer as it was cheap and i needed that 3rd channel - but i read alot of reviews form users and they say it sucks..

the sounds is bad..the parts fall apart quickly - and dont expect to get more then a years use out of it - theres a reason the pioneers are 1200$ and not 200$..even though i dont like the pioneers -

i got lucky and found a roland dj2000 for 400$ as a b-stock on zzounds - last one at 75% off... :dance:

i would reccomend staying far away from the beheringer unless if oyu are just starting out and are gonna wreck your mixer anyway -

if you want suttin interesting go to

http://www.redsound.com/djindex.htm

check out the infader...3 cross faders--one for the highs mids and lows..i hate to stop using this but i needed the 3rd channel - ive had this mixer for a few years and have not had to replace a single fader -no cracking - clean sound - too bad they dident make a 3 or 4 channel mixer - :cry:

skron
10-03-2004, 06:44 AM
good thing i ran into this board..

i was about to drop my dime on a beringer but i've only seen one good remark about it so far.

djm series is industry standard for a reason.. total class...

Ryan
10-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Behringer are one of the worst manufacturers on earth.

dan the acid man
11-03-2004, 12:42 AM
behringer always copy other peoples ideas, but do it very poorly with cheap parts

278d7e64a374de26f==