PDA

View Full Version : New track

platform1
22-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Oi oi,
Havnt been on here for donks,
no internet connection but i have just found the joys of the local libary.

anyway gotta new track im looking for production tips on... ive been playing around with stereo width, tried various plugins but end up making the sound abit wishy washy.. anyone know any decident plugins for it?

i ended up doubling the audio file and delaying one.. which sounds really good on some speakers but too wide on others.. any tips for stereo widening? have i gone to wide with this one?

platform1 - Broken Jam - SoundCloud (http://soundcloud.com/platform1/broken-jam)

cheers guys

Loop
03-01-2010, 01:08 AM
This has some good ideas in it, it just don't gell well together yet, they need some glue and im sure stereo widening should be used pretty gently so ease of there maybe, more processing on the elements will help, some filters, eq, reverb, bit crushers, resonators, you know that kind of thing.

Jay Pace
04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Stereoizer is nice. Can't find the link, but its a freebie.

Widening is great, but you need to be careful with volumes. Widening a track increases its perceived volume, and I think you need to balance some of the panned elements to make them fit in the mix better.

Musically some nice ideas here, good noises and nice progression. The mix just doesn't fit well together at the mo, mainly because of how you have positioned elements in the stereo space. Some things are panned too wide, others are too mono

You can use verbs to fill up the stereo space as well, some of the elements sound a bit dry - need some FX on there, and some movement (changes in FX) to help move the track along.

Loads of good things in this track mate, keep working at it :)

platform1
03-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Cheers guys, gonna leave this track for abit as i get to a point when ive listened to is so many times im not sure whats good or bad anymore.

278d7e64a374de26f==