PDA

View Full Version : Onboard Soundcard

slavestudios
01-02-2004, 02:21 PM
my pc recentley collapsed & ive been lent a new machine by a friend.
this new pc is 7-8 times faster & has over 100gig on 2 hard drives which is great. its running all my software & its pretty stable...

one problem. when i use the onboard card to record in, there are liitle cracks & pops in the final WAV. these are not cos of bad level settings. i always leave headroom for mastering & boosting. its not the source. ive been thru all the possible reasons for this & the only thing i can come up with is that the onborad card is utter shit.

i aint got no cash too spend on a new card, so can anybody maybe shed some lite on this ? are there some internal settings i could change to maybe remove this fault ?

its stoppin a whole lot of work gettin done. cant record mixes for mastering & duplication which is not good.

many thanx

http://www.perpetualelectronic.co.uk/

Basil Rush
01-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Clicks can be IRQ related usually, try a bigger ASIO buffer if you have that setting with your driver, failing that check the motherboard is operating normally and isn't overclocked and try disabling any devices and software you aren't using, kill all the crap that loads when it boots.

slavestudios
02-02-2004, 01:14 PM
cheers Basil. i'll try that later.

much thanx :clap:

Basil Rush
02-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Sometimes re-arranging the cards in your computer can help too ... that's fixed it before. Back in the olden days when digital audio was rarer there were just some systems that were just impossible to get working though. Clicks are often caused by the data not getting to the card fast enough or not being pulled off the card fast enough, so any kind of optimisation can help, there's an XP setup guide I'm sure someones mentioned in the past that might be useful

278d7e64a374de26f==