PDA

View Full Version : 3 Hours to go..

acidguru
04-12-2009, 02:27 PM
..til the drawing for the World Cup 2010,the tension´s growing..

C.O.Prodigy
04-12-2009, 05:28 PM
My thoughts on the world cup itself are that they (Fifa) shouldn't be using the same trophy to promote this world cup. Why? Because the system of getting to the world cup and how the draw for the world cup is made has been changed so it's not the same trophy because it's not the same tournament. Quite a big con, eh?

Besides that, the tension is growing.

Where would you like Germany to end up acidguru?

acidguru
04-12-2009, 06:21 PM
My thoughts on the world cup itself are that they (Fifa) shouldn't be using the same trophy to promote this world cup. Why? Because the system of getting to the world cup and how the draw for the world cup is made has been changed so it's not the same trophy because it's not the same tournament. Quite a big con, eh?

Besides that, the tension is growing.

Where would you like Germany to end up acidguru?

Well,off course i wouldn´t mind Germany to end up in the Final[best would be against England]
,but i´m not too confident tbh,mostly because of our Coach´s incompetence..Only 3 or 4 players are set yet forming the team,he´ll make the same mistake Klinsmann did 2006 with letting that wanker Lehman play instead of Olli Kahn for example..

C.O.Prodigy
04-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Cool man.

I understand even more about your keeper troubles now. Maybe Hildebrand is
up for the job. Good luck mate.

SlavikSvensk
04-12-2009, 07:10 PM
well the groups are set!

england and the US in the same group. that should be fun. the US is not that good, but can be very dangerous if it gets going. however, the team usually starts a bit slow, and has england in the opener.

acidguru
04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Cool man.

I understand even more about your keeper troubles now. Maybe Hildebrand is
up for the job. Good luck mate.

Thanx a lot,M8,and good luck,too..

DarkYoung
04-12-2009, 08:59 PM
well the groups are set!

england and the US in the same group. that should be fun. the US is not that good, but can be very dangerous if it gets going. however, the team usually starts a bit slow, and has england in the opener.
i think america have a good chance of getting to the final, they are not to be underestimated.
be cool if they had to play north korea or summat.

acidguru
04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
i think america have a good chance of getting to the final, they are not to be underestimated.
be cool if they had to play north korea or summat.

Tough opponent for the 1st game..
No chance for North Korea with Brasil,Ivory Coast and Portugal in their group..

DarkYoung
04-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Tough opponent for the 1st game..
No chance for North Korea with Brasil,Ivory Coast and Portugal in their group..
anything can happen

would be the perfect time for aliens to make an appearance thats for sure.

C.O.Prodigy
06-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I find it revealing and odd that the only two countries not available for selection in the newest football simulation game entitled PES2010 ( Pro Evolution Soccer 10) are located along side England and Italy respectively, that is Algeria and New Zealand.

Hardy har har.

C.O.Prodigy
15-12-2009, 01:42 PM
This is the draw for the FIBA WORLD Championships (basketball) due to be held in Turkey next year.

Group A: Serbia, Argentina, Australia, Jordan, Germany, Angola

Group B: Croatia, Brazil, Tunisia, Slovenia, Iran, USA
Group C: China, Turkey, Russia, Puerto Rico, Ivory Coast, Greece
Group D: Lithuania, Lebanon, France, Spain, Canada, New Zealand

Australia, Serbia and Germany find themselves again in a same group like in the draw for the football world cup.
I find it a strange coincidence that 3 teams so close in quality end up in the same group in two different sports.

What do you guys reckon?

DarkYoung
15-12-2009, 08:56 PM
This is the draw for the FIBA WORLD Championships (basketball) due to be held in Turkey next year.

Group A: Serbia, Argentina, Australia, Jordan, Germany, Angola

Group B: Croatia, Brazil, Tunisia, Slovenia, Iran, USA
Group C: China, Turkey, Russia, Puerto Rico, Ivory Coast, Greece
Group D: Lithuania, Lebanon, France, Spain, Canada, New Zealand

Australia, Serbia and Germany find themselves again in a same group like in the draw for the football world cup.
I find it a strange coincidence that 3 teams so close in quality end up in the same group in two different sports.

What do you guys reckon?

angola could be the shock contenders.

C.O.Prodigy
18-12-2009, 12:09 PM
angola could be the shock contenders.

The world wants to see Spain vs. USA but that ain't gonna happen. ;)
Seriously, what do you think of the "coincidence" draw?
As for Angola, well they could be contenders for the group, not for the tournament I think. They are the best african side, much like Ghana was the first to qualify for the football WC. *raises eyebrow*

Only 3 or 4 players are set yet forming the team,he´ll make the same mistake Klinsmann did 2006 with letting that wanker Lehman play instead of Olli Kahn for example..

I hope not. What about Butt? He's playing great this season, scoring goals too. He seems like a fine keeper to me. There is also Wiese but he can make stupid mistakes sometimes. Now, with the situation being what it is I think that Hans-Jorg Butt is the best option for a Germany keeper.
What do you think?

ritaheed
18-12-2009, 12:18 PM
England are gonna get humped in the world cup

One of the worst teams ave seen

C.O.Prodigy
18-12-2009, 12:30 PM
England are gonna get humped in the world cup

One of the worst teams ave seen

Other members here can probably make a better point but I think with players like, Lennon and Wright-Phillips, Joe Cole, Ashley Young and Carlton Cole, Milner and Gareth Barry, England are in great shape.

DarkYoung
18-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Other members here can probably make a better point but I think with players like, Lennon and Wright-Phillips, Joe Cole, Ashley Young and Carlton Cole, Milner and Gareth Barry, England are in great shape.
you got it. i don't feel the need to add to that.
england imo are favorites.

278d7e64a374de26f==