PDA

View Full Version : Atlante Group

SlavikSvensk
04-12-2009, 05:38 PM
okay, i'd never heard of them before today, when i logged on juno and saw six releases, of some really good (and well produced) detroit-influenced techno.

here's what their discogs page says about them:

Composed by few humans (a graphic designer, thinkers, dj's). Atlante Group perform work from Belgium and Africa. The Atlante label is powered by Axim Forces, itself composed of two people, also kept secret. We're not musicians.

an example of one of their new releases:

Gauß & Mobius by ATLANTE GROUP on MP3 and WAV at Juno Download (http://www.junodownload.com/ppps/products/1496808-02.htm)

Jake Conlon
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Some of the tunes are cool, will probably buy a couple but most of the tracks sound like the unfinished Ideas of a first time fruityloops user.

Peoples ideas of a "Detroit" sound these days is too readily exchanged with bad production value and tunes that aren't really finished.

SlavikSvensk
06-12-2009, 06:01 PM
think you should probably give a more attentive listen, mate. not sure first time fruityloops users manage polyrhythms in 7/8...

Jake Conlon
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
think you should probably give a more attentive listen, mate. not sure first time fruityloops users manage polyrhythms in 7/8...

Are you sure the technical terms weren't applied after?

SlavikSvensk
06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
in the end, it's up to you whether you like it or not. but it's worth another listen through. some very interesting things going on that ep that you don't appear to have picked up on the first time through. but hey...you might still not care for it all that much...up to you, lah

Jake Conlon
07-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah, i'll get a few of the tunes and I'm sure they'll come to life. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==