PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao/Mayweather!

SlavikSvensk
05-12-2009, 05:58 PM
gonna happen this march!

Source: Manny Pacquiao signs contract to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on March 13 - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4715684)

predictions?

Numeric
07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
mayweather

he'll frustrate pacquiao in the early rounds and then out-box him for the rest of the fight

late k/o or decision

basslinejunkie
07-12-2009, 01:52 PM
pac man on points

baconstyle
07-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Mayweather has something to prove. Pacquiao does not, and is already planning for post-boxing glory. I think he might have lost the edge.

Mayweather by decision.

SlavikSvensk
07-12-2009, 03:38 PM
manny, IMO, is just way too fast and technical for floyd, who looked rusty in his comeback. in 2007, floyd wins. today, manny on points.

Numeric
07-12-2009, 04:26 PM
floyd did not look rusty against marquez

he smashed him up proper

force
07-12-2009, 04:29 PM
He's never come up against anybody like Manny though.

Vice versa as well i suppose.

force
07-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Im soooooo fcking excited!

SlavikSvensk
07-12-2009, 04:34 PM
floyd did not look rusty against marquez

he smashed him up proper

marquez got a lot of shots in, though didn't he.,,and that's after all the shadiness with the weigh-ins. and marquez not nearly as fast or technical as manny.

Insomnia
07-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Bring this on, gonna be a tidy fight!

The Overfiend
07-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Mayweather is not going to know how to react to someone quicker than him, and just as powerful.
But Mayweather has got some heaters in his arsenal.

SlavikSvensk
08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
i think it will definitely go the distance. mayweather's advantage is that he'll fight near his natural weight, while manny won't. but as you say, floyd's never faced someone as quick as manny. or as technical. it's going to be tough to land those heaters, and he's going to have to pay more mind to defense than normal. i think he's going to get frustrated.

Numeric
09-12-2009, 04:52 PM
mayweather's a patient boxer, if either man is going to become frustrated it will be manny

manny hasn't faced a boxer of mayweather's class

SlavikSvensk
11-12-2009, 12:15 AM
dunno, mate. compare floyd's fight with ricky hatton, who was fighting above his most comfortable weight, to manny's.

think floyd will get better as the fight goes on, but i think he's going to have a hell of a lot of trouble early on.

baconstyle
11-12-2009, 12:41 AM
mayweather's a patient boxer, if either man is going to become frustrated it will be manny

manny hasn't faced a boxer of mayweather's class

He did defeat Oscar De La Hoya

Numeric
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
He did defeat Oscar De La Hoya

de la hoya looked awful in that fight, he didn't get going

you could say that was due to manny's speed and strength though

Numeric
11-12-2009, 12:36 PM
dunno, mate. compare floyd's fight with ricky hatton, who was fighting above his most comfortable weight, to manny's.

think floyd will get better as the fight goes on, but i think he's going to have a hell of a lot of trouble early on.

true, mayweather was cautious in the early rounds against hatton, i expect he'll be the same against pacquiao

Numeric
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
looks like the fight's off :upset:

Sky Sports | Boxing | News | Pacquiao walks out on Floyd (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_5839737,00.html)

basslinejunkie
07-01-2010, 01:48 PM
gutted.

SlavikSvensk
07-01-2010, 03:31 PM
yep. real disappointment, that.

looks like mayweather deep-sixed it

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4803490

Numeric
07-01-2010, 03:52 PM
looks like mayweather deep-sixed it

:lol: knew you would say something along those lines

hard to argue tbh

either that, or manny's a druggie

Insomnia
08-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Pish that, hope they get it sorted out!

SlavikSvensk
08-01-2010, 04:22 PM
:lol: knew you would say something along those lines

hard to argue tbh

either that, or manny's a druggie

hehe true, i'm not impartial :;

but i wonder if mayweather just wants to go out undefeated at this point, knowing what that can mean for your legacy. shame if he wants to do that by avoiding challenging fights.

baconstyle
08-01-2010, 04:39 PM
It's hard to avoid speculation that Mayweather is simply scared stiff.

It shouldn't matter if he wins or loses, he would still make enough money to live the rest of his life on.

For that amount of money, heck, I'll go against Pacquiao.

SlavikSvensk
08-01-2010, 06:11 PM
i think he's thinking long-term he came back to boxing for the money, but i think he wants to finish undefeated and will schedule fights accordingly. then he can run around when retired referring to himself as the greatest of all time, and point to his undefeated record. i'm sure that's worth a good deal of money on the appearance circuit.

and if someone says "yeah, well, you wouldn't fight pacquiao," then he'll respond with the drug test crap.

as i see it, it's all very calculated.

Numeric
09-01-2010, 11:49 AM
i think he's thinking long-term he came back to boxing for the money, but i think he wants to finish undefeated and will schedule fights accordingly. then he can run around when retired referring to himself as the greatest of all time, and point to his undefeated record. i'm sure that's worth a good deal of money on the appearance circuit.

and if someone says "yeah, well, you wouldn't fight pacquiao," then he'll respond with the drug test crap.

as i see it, it's all very calculated.

what you're saying is reasonable but why has manny backed out of the blood test?

it's my understanding that mayweather agreed to take the test two weeks before the fight, why has manny got a problem with this if he has nothing to hide?

basslinejunkie
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
apprently pac has a needle phobia, but eventually was still willing to take it but mayweather bricked it.

force
09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
what you're saying is reasonable but why has manny backed out of the blood test?

it's my understanding that mayweather agreed to take the test two weeks before the fight, why has manny got a problem with this if he has nothing to hide?

He agreed to urine tests and swabs and also to have a blood test immediately after the fight.
I reckon Mayweathers bricking it..

SlavikSvensk
09-01-2010, 07:22 PM
manny agreed to everything that's normal in boxing and quite a bit more. but he's also going up in weight, so drawing blood before the fight would affect him physically a lot more than mayweather, who fought his last one deliberately over the weight limit.

so +1 on mayweather bricking it. i think he wants to do 1 or 2 more fights, make a nice $30 million or so, and then retire saying he's undefeated and manny was scared to take a drug test. then he can go around making appearances for $$ and start his own promotions company.

baconstyle
10-01-2010, 02:26 AM
It is a totally screwed up situation. After all, the Boxing Commission makes the rules regarding everything. As you said, Manny agreed to everything that's normal in boxing.

Mayweather just thinks he can bend the rules to prevent the fight from happening... pussy. so you are totally right about mayweather bricking it.

278d7e64a374de26f==