PDA

View Full Version : cubase sx back up ?

romelpotter
02-02-2004, 04:51 PM
I have a virus on my pc and may have to delete my hard drive. Is there a easy way of backing up my audio files and cubase tracks within cubase? there is only 3 tracks that i would want to keep but the audio files are all over the place on the drive. does cubase sx have a backup toggle button ? any help would be greatfully recived.

Kevin Gorman
02-02-2004, 08:20 PM
i just recently formated and re-installed my entire computer and what i did was backed up the production folder that cubase used to store all my track information and project files. This is the folder that cubase askes you to choose everytime before you start a new session. So if you back up this folder or folders (if you used more then one), you will be able to copy the folder back on to your computer and your tracks will work the same as before.

Komplex
02-02-2004, 10:15 PM
I do it the hard way.

Go and grab another hard disk, slot it into your computer and duplicate your hard drive as a backup, the whole thing, just copy it.

Format your original hard drive and re-install your operating system. Then copy all your audio files from the backup hard drive onto your formatted hard drive into exactly the same folders. Now re-install all your production software.

romelpotter
03-02-2004, 10:21 AM
cheers guys, what a ****in pain. i think my ma opened an email attatchment with the doom virus on it and it's infected our wireless network (me, me mum and me dad) :crackup: :cry:

278d7e64a374de26f==