messyfuture
02-02-2004, 06:54 PM
http://www.axisrecords.com

looks alright

its nice to see what people do when they are playing

tioneb
02-02-2004, 08:01 PM
purchased dvd today ...

kindof cehap package (hey its techno !!) but nic ething theyve done double sided dvd .. the more content , the best price

this is not amazing, but really kewl for the trainspotters ... i would have been more fond of it a few years backs, the kids will be impressed by the show the man can do with his hands ...

too bad the cd features the weakest mix of the dvd

basslinejunkie
02-02-2004, 10:13 PM
is the mix thats on it the 1 that was on john peel not so long ago?

TechnoLaydee
03-02-2004, 07:56 PM
is it worth getting then?

tioneb
03-02-2004, 09:04 PM
is it worth getting then?

if you like jeff mills yes

if you spend your time dissing him no

teknorich
04-02-2004, 12:43 PM
I bought this yesterday, and I like it a lot. 45 tracks in 70 minutes takes some doing, and it's wicked in some parts to hear two tracks playing over each other, then being mixed into a third.
However, I have to admit that some of his vinyls must be wafer thin by now!! Maybe we should start a collection to get Mills some new records?!?

basslinejunkie
04-02-2004, 02:41 PM
haha he does hammer the same records 4 ages doesnt he!!

Esox Lucius
04-02-2004, 02:50 PM
I think it's an excellent tracklisting.

teknorich
04-02-2004, 03:05 PM
I especially like that part with Octave One - Blackwater, with the string section playing over it. Nice...

tioneb
04-02-2004, 05:53 PM
ye this blackwater remix is kewl ... but isseud for over a a year and half now =)))

there is already a theread about the mix tracklisting , isnt it ?

teknorich
04-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah, there was one a couple of weeks ago. But the CD only came out a couple of days ago, so until I heard it I couldn't really comment...

Anyway, what's wrong with having another thread? It's his first mix CD for eight years!!!

It's a big event!!

tioneb
04-02-2004, 07:38 PM
yep i was just messed up =)))

teknorich
04-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Pas de probleme, mon brave!!

SlavikSvensk
04-02-2004, 11:49 PM
why jeff rules: when he's on, no one can touch his skillz
why jeff gets boring: he seems to buy one new record a year...

Dustin Zahn
04-02-2004, 11:57 PM
you know what really pisses me off about mills? Since he's gained himself the reputation of being a techno deity, he's taking it for granted in my opinion. Internationally he's known as a "sloppy dj" but it's okay because he's Jeff Mills!. Now, if you take some random favorite on this forum...say Patrik Skoog, if he shows up and mixes half-assed they'll be like "Man! Skoog is wack, he can't mix for shit."

I'm tired of people cutting Mills slack because he's a techno god. If you've been in the game as long as he has and you know he can mix damn well, then he should be expected to meet that challenge most of the time (not all, we all have our off days in mixing). I'm not doing any other hating on Mills aside from this, but doesn't anyone else agree with me or see this? Maybe I'm the only one.

SlavikSvensk
05-02-2004, 12:07 AM
he can be really sloppy, but he can do things with the decks that few, if any, can. i guess that makes it all the more disappointing when you pay good money to go see him and it's clear he just doesn't care. because of that, i would be much more excited to see umek than mills if they were both in town and i had to choose (like that would ever happen here...), but if mills plays here or in vancouver anytime soon, i'll probably go see him, cuz there is that chance he'll be brilliant.

jake
05-02-2004, 01:20 AM
maybe he's going deaf

DROID
05-02-2004, 01:53 AM
giggin 3 nights a week for the past 10 years....who wouldnt be?

Orange
05-02-2004, 04:17 AM
I always liked the fact that he wasn't a beat perfect mixer. Demonstrated to me, and only imo, that an enjoyable dj set is about more than tight mixing and the records played. The sum is greater than the parts. Does he crash beats going into a mix? Yes. But I like how he fixed the mix on the fly. Fast and loose. :cool:
If I thought he didn't give a fcuk about the set, and that's why his mixing was off, then, I would feel differently. But, he always looked to me like is heart was in the right place.

278d7e64a374de26f==