PDA

View Full Version : Acid techno sounds like hardhouse?????

djfilthmonger
23-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I heard this today and I really dont get at all??? are they having the laugh :lol:

xes
23-12-2009, 09:55 AM
they'r either having a laugh, or haven't really heard either genre of music.

Teach them, my child, show them the way of the true warrior. :mrmyagi:

djfilthmonger
23-12-2009, 01:46 PM
:lol: its like when some one who doesn't listen to dance at all hears Calvin Harris and says you would of loved that it is your kinda music.

Athar
23-12-2009, 01:48 PM
yeah its ridiculous

i remember when juno has described some acid techno records (include scythe releases) as a hard house.
ive called to them and asked why ?
and the girl answered me over the phone "because for our experts its sounds like typical hard house and unfortunately we can't change it" :lol:

finally they switched it to techno category though.

djfilthmonger
23-12-2009, 01:53 PM
yeah its ridiculous

i remember when juno has described some acid techno records (include scythe releases) as a hard house.
ive called to them and asked why ?
and the girl answered me over the phone "because for our experts its sounds like typical hard house and unfortunately we can't change it" :lol:

finally they switched it to techno category though.

in my old record store i had to look through the hard dance section to find acid techno , schranz and just hard techno.
okay essentially hard dance means hard dance music but realistically it shud all be in the techno section

DarkYoung
23-12-2009, 02:32 PM

:lol:

nekro
26-12-2009, 10:06 AM
i reckon thats about right, a lot of it is really formulaic and cheap production. you get a lot of djs mixing it up in hard house sets - you get acid techno djs playing at plenty of hard dance nights

force
26-12-2009, 12:13 PM
i reckon thats about right, a lot of it is really formulaic and cheap production. you get a lot of djs mixing it up in hard house sets - you get acid techno djs playing at plenty of hard dance nights

I reckon thats about wrong!

djfilthmonger
26-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I reckon thats about wrong!

tOM B
29-12-2009, 04:21 PM
When I was going to parties back in the mid-nineties acid techno,acid trance and hard house were all getting played together and if you look at labels like prolekult, TEC, boscaland, vcf, red weed, noom, etc etc you will see that the labels represent music from all of these genres.

Although you guys may see it as an insult that people think that acid techno sounds like hard house you have to accept that it kind of is part of it's heritage and background and inevitably some of it will blur on the borders of the two genres.

Don't see why this is a bad thing if you like it you like it, what does it matter what people call it?

:wink:

DannyBlack
29-12-2009, 04:33 PM
yeah thats true. I love the old 90's acid trance. it's all similar and relative really. Modern Hardhouse no, thats just cheese.

Acid_Chochi
30-12-2009, 04:16 AM
Don't see why this is a bad thing if you like it you like it, what does it matter what people call it?

If when I play "Unlucky Punk", someone came to me and say "that's a good psy", I punch the moth*rfuc*er in the face
hahahaha

djfilthmonger
30-12-2009, 07:03 AM
If when I play "Unlucky Punk", someone came to me and say "that's a good psy", I punch the moth*rfuc*er in the face
hahahaha

sum choon aswell. big dirty punch in the face for calling that psy :lol:

DarkYoung
30-12-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah thats true. I love the old 90's acid trance. it's all similar and relative really. Modern Hardhouse no, thats just cheese.
+1 love acid trance. hard house is okay tbh, but a bit unnecessary.

tOM B
30-12-2009, 06:59 PM
hahahaha

I think thats fair play - anyone who thinks there is such a thing as good psy deserves a punch in the face in my book

DarkYoung
30-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I think thats fair play - anyone who thinks there is such a thing as good psy deserves a punch in the face in my book

xes
31-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Anyway, acid techno isn't the hard house of dance music, it is a slightly bouncier version of Status Quo :cool:

YouTube - Status Quo What ever you want (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l50Fp4l1fCk)

xes
31-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I even wrote a little ditty about it.

bangbang mother fvcker dog cat meow
wanna dance to acid techno but you don't know how?
just pretend that you're listening to Status Quo
Rock left to the right and away you go!

People_Mover
01-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Nothing wrong with the Quo in my book! Having grown up listening to them on Radio 1, not to mention Showaddywaddy and Darts, I confess to being a far more stable person as a result.

Anyway, acid techno is not like hard house. Do we have anyone as palatable as Lisa Lashes out there? I think not.

Ladies, it's time to put away the handbags and dance around something more befitting our genre.

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ACID PEOPLE OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!

Technologic
02-01-2010, 07:43 PM
When I was going to parties back in the mid-nineties acid techno,acid trance and hard house were all getting played together and if you look at labels like prolekult, TEC, boscaland, vcf, red weed, noom, etc etc you will see that the labels represent music from all of these genres.

Although you guys may see it as an insult that people think that acid techno sounds like hard house you have to accept that it kind of is part of it's heritage and background and inevitably some of it will blur on the borders of the two genres.

^

miss kosmix
28-01-2010, 05:10 PM
i say psy-trance

hehehe

fabulous23s
14-02-2010, 06:59 PM
psycho trance!

278d7e64a374de26f==