PDA

View Full Version : allen & heath crossfader's

detfella
03-02-2004, 05:11 PM
i aint too pleased with the supposedly amazing penny & giles crossfader on my xone mixer. Does anyone know if there are replacement ones that are better for scratching, or any links where i can make one myself?

EmotionComplex
03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
i aint too pleased with the supposedly amazing penny & giles crossfader on my xone mixer. Does anyone know if there are replacement ones that are better for scratching, or any links where i can make one myself?

ive heard there amazing too but there definetly not scratch faders, not a scratch mixer though is it

detfella
03-02-2004, 07:17 PM
all i need is a replacement x-fader then it'll be a wicked scratch mixer :twisted:

Barely Human
03-02-2004, 10:13 PM
all i need is a replacement x-fader then it'll be a wicked scratch mixer :twisted:

Have to disagree there :neutral:

detfella
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
well, all I need for my mixing & scratching is a wicked x-fader, so i dont know how u can disagree :?:

MARKEG
03-02-2004, 10:43 PM
my bloody x fader has snapped on my a+h. plus the contacts on some of the sliders are dodgy. a nice mixer yes, but not sure at all about the build quality.

cascade
03-02-2004, 10:50 PM
oooooo
contraversy in the allen and heath reputation.
such a big rep they have esstablished over the years maybe it was never what everyone thought,
what does everyone think?

allen heath as good as they make out?
:?: :?: :?:

Andy__C
04-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Mate......have a search around some of these forums/sites for fader modding:

http://www.asisphonics.net
http://www.sqratchattack.com/

A lot of scratch djs rate P&G as thee best scatch faders........especially the rane magnetic ones.........

maybe u need to buy a diff P&G fader, more suited for scratching, and mod it to fit ur A&H.....scratch P&G's can be modded to fitted into Stantons and other vestax mixers.........so may be worth having a bash at the A&H......

I'd love a really top 'mix dj' mixer, with a scratch cross fader.......
the Rane Empath mixer looks tight for that, but its ££££££ and no fx.

Barely Human
04-02-2004, 01:04 PM
well, all I need for my mixing & scratching is a wicked x-fader, so i dont know how u can disagree :?:

Becuase im a turntablist mate, and the layout of the mixer is all wrong for a battle situation! Everything needs to have space to move round the mixer, nothing cluttering it up! Need hamster switches and curve adjust on all faders, and a complete reverse swich.

Andy__C
04-02-2004, 01:47 PM
I think just plain scratching is different to battles though IQ........

In battles ur gonna need to use the upfaders for some scratches or jsut variation/versatility.......and be v.v.v.quick with no hinderance around the mixer

If there's just various scratches over whatever is being mixed, can all be done with just a xfader if thats all thats wanted.......

there's a bit of room around the 64 xfader, enought for most scratches.......couldn't imagine worse upfaders for turntablism though!!!!

CHUCK-E
19-02-2004, 02:52 AM

yes they are total shite

Ryan
03-03-2004, 11:43 AM
There was a design defect on the first run of X-Faders on the Xone 62/64. The piece of metal that used to house the plastic part of the fader was too thin for it's length, so A&H got Penny & Giles to redesign it.
If you're lucky (like me) your mixer was still under warranty when this problem surfaced, and they will replace it free of charge, otherwise, you're looking at about £100 to replace it.

As for questioning the build on A&H products, you must be mad. EVERYTHING will become defective over a period of continued usage with moving parts. Thankfully A&H components are high quality and all replaceable which means that you can just fix the bits you need to, as opposed to shelling out for a brand new mixer everytime a predictable defect occurs (especially on cheap shit mixers.)

Hope this is useful.

detfella
04-03-2004, 12:27 AM
thanks for all replies

cheers ryan, gonna email allen & heath, find out if I should replace. otherwise i think i'll mod it with a vestax penny & giles xfader - just for some looseness :rambo:

Ryan
05-03-2004, 10:59 AM
[quote="detfella"]vestax penny & giles quote]

Vestax and Penny & Giles are two completely differnt companies.

278d7e64a374de26f==