PDA

View Full Version : INDUSTRIALYZER this guy is blowing me away

jon connor
20-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Slow Motion Juno Records (http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/367707-01.htm)Ricardo Rodrigues on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/industrialyzer)

hey guys not been here for a while so howdy dudey , just thought i would start a topic about this guy. although ive been busy doing my training for my new day job last year ive still been keeping 1 full eye on all things techno and been to some pretty god dam good parties across the uk and this chap has certainly stood out from the crowd as a unique individual.

ive bought his records from the start and watched his production grow . I know he works close to cisco aka ADVENT who is an absolute legend to me but its nice to see sum new dudes picking up the rains and banging out there own unique style and i think certainly this man INDUSTRIALYZER has stepped up a level for 2010.

Slow Motion Juno Records (http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/367707-01.htm)

this ep is that turning point for me i cant stop playing it both sides is brilliant techno and ass kicking base that just fills the room .

there is a warm sound which has developed which does the trick because its still banging but clean some really good mastering going to i expect.

I see that his work has been noticed in London to recently ive seen sum line ups with him on and certainly i will be at HYDRAULIX in aprill to see him for the first time i cant bloody wait for that . I see mark to has taken i liking to him as at the last HYDRAULIX i went to mark was playing just about every release haha quality.

so any way was just wondering wot you guys are thinking about this artist ?

wot tracks are doing it for you ?

have you seen him play ?

are you going to see him play ? "i am an i cant bloody wait"

Ricardo Rodrigues on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/industrialyzer)

do you have any info on his future work ?

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/89/l_c4e252b779c44dcba35514b02ebcc9c2.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/48/l_27344dfc771d461e9bfd7445933bd168.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/133/l_6311e839d6a34b2596fec0be799cb926.jpgIM THERE DUDE! :roflmao:

jon connor
20-01-2010, 03:04 PM
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/l_ecd6d97ec09546ecb28a810d7ccecd48.gif

:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup: :yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

YouTube - Industrialyzer, Maximal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwZp4ASZOnM)

stjohn
20-01-2010, 03:18 PM
sounds very generic to me. i quite like the electro track on his myspace tho

jon connor
20-01-2010, 03:27 PM

yep true i thought that aswell seem he has skills in other areas but listen specially for an old boy like me hahaha sum of this music takes me back a bit to like the days of recycle etc we used to hammer in the free parties only this stuff is similiar just more modernised i love mixing it dude you can throw it every bloody direction you want great mixing tracks haveing some good fun at gigs with them brilliant.

eppertheleper
20-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I think he's been involved in the best tracks of the past year. It manages to be hard without getting overly aggressive. T1 may be my favorite track of 2009. Obviously he's hot right now and I feel a bit "bandwagonish", but f*ck it, I love his productions.

jon connor
20-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I think he's been involved in the best tracks of the past year. It manages to be hard without getting overly aggressive. T1 may be my favorite track of 2009. Obviously he's hot right now and I feel a bit "bandwagonish", but f*ck it, I love his productions.

not really dude we aint trying to bandwagon anything this is a techno forum and a place to dicuss artists that are doing the bisiness and he certainly is so why not big him up dont listen to the techno bitches with there constant rolls of vommit that quite frankly i ignore these days the lads doing well and his music is showing that no BANDWAGON just support for a cool dude that is rocking it .

i fukin luv his productions to 2 BUT MY NEIBOURS DONT " HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hey that track T1 i played that last year in lakkotta in bristol on a ridiclusly sized massive monster rigg and it nearly took my hair off hahahahahahah and you can gues how many djs were asking and i quote " wot the fuk is that "

BloodStar
20-01-2010, 04:59 PM
guy is not bad, but I still prefer Cisco's solo stuff. Industryalizer without Cisco is nothing special, tbh. too generic loopy stuff.

jon connor
20-01-2010, 09:27 PM
guy is not bad, but I still prefer Cisco's solo stuff. Industryalizer without Cisco is nothing special, tbh. too generic loopy stuff.

true but i quite like it like that because as said in the previous post its great to mix , these days you dont really need to many effects and filters in tracks because of mixers and effects units we use now days its cool stuff to build your own set with and enjoy mixing and mashing up yourself test your skills a bit so i dont really mind it beeing loopy.

wot i do like is the vynyl its really mastered well and it sounds a lot better than the cdjs i no this because ive had tracks before they have been pressed to vynyl and they do sound a lil bit weeker.

drift9
20-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I appreciate his work for sure but I think his solo stuff isn't as good as the stuff where he's teamed up with Cisco, so I'm not sure who deserves the bigger props.

a X cell
20-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I think that the only track that I find "different" and that I like pretty much is BVR Acid.
Else...I don't know why but most of his stuff looks like the same. Except maybe for Kosmos and Krome (feat. A.Paul).

teknorich
21-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I find him hit and miss, he's done some quality work, but his tracks often sound a bit too bouncy, even trancey, and lose me a bit. Doesn't really sound "Techno" enough, if that makes sense? "Maximal" sounds to me like something Mark EG or M-Zone might have played in a Dreamscape hard trance set years ago.

Saying that, tracks like T1 and Inox are quality :yup:

One to watch for sure. I don't always like his productions, but I always listen to the samples when I see a new EP out, so he's got my attention!

jon connor
21-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I find him hit and miss, he's done some quality work, but his tracks often sound a bit too bouncy, even trancey, and lose me a bit. Doesn't really sound "Techno" enough, if that makes sense? "Maximal" sounds to me like something Mark EG or M-Zone might have played in a Dreamscape hard trance set years ago.

Saying that, tracks like T1 and Inox are quality :yup:

One to watch for sure. I don't always like his productions, but I always listen to the samples when I see a new EP out, so he's got my attention!

yea i no wot you mean thats how started with me he certainly got my attention , yea not taking anything away from cisco his work is outstanding and obviously he has given a helping hand but yea this stuff is a bit trancy at times but its each to there own sum like sum dont but fairplay on the production .

jon connor
21-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Magnet Juno Records (http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/374447-01.htm)

latest installment :smile:

davethedrummer
21-01-2010, 08:31 PM
He's the man as far as I'm concerned
I don't get the generic tag I have to say.
generic as in what exactly ?
I don't think there's much around that sounds like him.

stjohn
21-01-2010, 11:03 PM
i would just class this as "boring big room spanish techno".

blippy bloppy minimal/maximal , loads of noise rushes etc. its the same sound you can get from any of the mnml bandwagoners, i dont think you have to look far.

..... then for the harder stuff, loads of ooompa ooompa, sidechained to the max, with the customary filter sweeps and rushes...

i guess he has his own flavour, but for my tastes its just a bit too standard.

djfilthmonger
22-01-2010, 02:13 AM
i really like some of his stuff. cant wait to see him at the hydraulix party. but i have found alot of his tracks are very same sounding and im happy to own 1 r 2 of his tracks

qUE
22-01-2010, 02:17 AM

Yep, I agree (although I didn't get to the electro track).

Oh, on the generic thing. Listen to it, it has absolutely no edge to it. Nothing to provoke, nothing, just bland.

What ever happend to punk, fighting even though it was pointless, being angry, grrrrr, etc. The agression has gone from Techno as far as I can see. Clearly a reflection of where known DJs are at the moment, "Here's a thousand pounds, now dance monkey dance!".

teknorich
22-01-2010, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't call him generic, in that I don't think he sounds like other producers. He has created his own niche, and you can often tell listening to a track that it is either him, or him and The Advent together. So for me, though he doesn't sound like other producers, the problem is that most of his tracks sound very similar to each other, with the same sounds, formulas, structures etc used. He always has that fast pace, bouncy but not hard, often trancey, rushes etc in his tunes, which I think lets him down. I dunno how long he's been producing for, and maybe it's a matter of experience and developing his sound?

BloodStar
22-01-2010, 02:04 PM
I dunno how long he's been producing for, and maybe it's a matter of experience and developing his sound?

he is on it since 2007 afaik. i bet if he would break the formula he is using so often and program his samples than use obvious sample cds, his music would benefit. but yeah, guy must be fairly busy with giging, so fair play to him he chooses his way.

the other question is, if hte fact that Industryalizer has his niche sound, isnt more, that Cisco gave him his musical stamp, cause the best tracks I've heard from these two had noticeable influence from Cisco's side. and mainly the ones I dont like are the once solo produced by Industryalizer :-] just my personal tastes, indeed.

jon connor
22-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Thankyou is wot i was trying to explain im a bit of a nerd when it comes to techno and i no when somthing is a little bit special this stuff at the moment is on its own and certainly ricardo is keeping up his form .

cant wait to see him at hydraulix henry great shout gettin him on the line up, i will be down with alun and the rest of us north wales mentals .

drift9
22-01-2010, 04:53 PM
best tracks I've heard from these two had noticeable influence from Cisco's side. and mainly the ones I dont like are the once solo produced by Industryalizer :-] just my personal tastes, indeed.
yeah, this is my take on it as well.

teknorich
22-01-2010, 06:08 PM
+ 1

cossinnelle
23-01-2010, 03:06 PM
he's got all my attention as well! won't buy all of his releases but I love "T1" and "crazy"... hard to find now... ;)

cossinnelle
23-01-2010, 10:32 PM
oops, "not guilty", not "T1"... In fact I find T1 a bit cheesy :)

jon connor
25-01-2010, 12:55 PM
hmmmm intresting you should say that dude because i hear a lot of people say that only the same people who tell me that are the ones who are dancing there ass off to it in the club, this is good for me to return the ripping after the event lol....

anyway yes ok that may be a lil bit on the cheesy side but you can not deny where ever you hear that track played the club rocks and also people do scream rather loudly bob on if you ask me .:tongue:

clubsynthetic
26-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't say his sound is generic but i would say it's linear

stjohn
27-01-2010, 03:11 PM
a fair statement i suppose. i will give him this tho, the low end is always super!

FuK-NuT
29-01-2010, 12:12 AM

word!

both advent n industrialyzer have pricked up both my lugs of late...no one else has.

Elvio Neto
07-02-2010, 12:16 PM
[IMG]ive bought his records from the start and watched his production grow . I know he works close to cisco aka ADVENT who is an absolute legend to me

the only thing A.Paul (Paulo Pereira), Cisco (Francisco Ferreira) and industrialyzer (Ricardo Rodrigues) have in comum is they are all Portuguese (and the last two have shame of that i think... they dont have reasons for that portugal was home of some of the best producers and techno/house events in the 90´s)

personaly i dont like industrialyzer techno , from Cisco i like some of is new tracks but nothing compared to is old stuff , A.Paul was the man of the 90´s great techno real techno but now... this new hard techno wave is... boring

i want the old techno back :(

TiagoTechnoHead
13-02-2010, 05:03 PM
T1 is one of the best tracks in 2009!

Louk
14-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Love him, A paul and The Advent, all are coming up with some wicked tracks!

278d7e64a374de26f==