PDA

View Full Version : dave clarke on john peel 2moz

basslinejunkie
03-02-2004, 10:30 PM
4 any1 who wants 2 know,dave clarke is on john peels show 2moz.i havent heard anythin from him set wise 4 ****in ages,so im gonna check this 1 out.1 question 4 u all though,what do u think of his sets? granted hes made sum excellent tunes in the past,but ive seen him loads of times and 2 b honest i i just couldnt stand his mixin.youd b rockin away 2 a gd tune,then he starts doin all this stuff that quite frankly sounds friggin awful!! it wouldnt b so bad if it was actually in time with the music,but it NEVER was.the last time i saw him was about 3yrs ago i think,so maybe hes sorted it out i dunno.like i said im gonna check 2moz'z show out anyway.

dan the acid man
03-02-2004, 11:22 PM
last time i heard him it was exactly as you discribed, some really awful mixing, but i'll have a listen anyway, you never know i might enjoy it :dance:

Numeric
04-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Last time i checked Dave live was at Voodoo about three years back, he played a blinder, awesome mixing, and seriously bangin tunes, flippin from electro to techno and back with ease...

I heard a studio set from him on Radio One in late '02. His mixing was suspect to say the least, but the tunes were alright, started the set with Bam Bam's classic Get Bumpin if memory serves...

Esox Lucius
04-02-2004, 09:06 AM
I think I am washing my hair tonight... ;)

Numeric
04-02-2004, 09:10 AM
I think I am washing my hair tonight...

Bit harsh there man, but still...

:clap:

serox
04-02-2004, 09:35 AM
last time i saw him he was stoping n starting records, wasnt even mixing them. also played some so called electro. but was just shit disco pop. and his has a serious lack of enegry in his sets
seems to impress people with his toys tho.

Numeric
04-02-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm probably gonna tune in, if i remember, just to see what he does, whether he's gonna be flying the flag for true underground techno or spinnin all this plastic w**k again...

Interesting either way...

Lisa Lavish
04-02-2004, 04:28 PM
4 any1 who wants 2 know,dave clarke is on john peels show 2moz.i havent heard anythin from him set wise 4 ****in ages,so im gonna check this 1 out.1 question 4 u all though,what do u think of his sets? granted hes made sum excellent tunes in the past,but ive seen him loads of times and 2 b honest i i just couldnt stand his mixin.youd b rockin away 2 a gd tune,then he starts doin all this stuff that quite frankly sounds friggin awful!! it wouldnt b so bad if it was actually in time with the music,but it NEVER was.the last time i saw him was about 3yrs ago i think,so maybe hes sorted it out i dunno.like i said im gonna check 2moz'z show out anyway.

think hes better live,saw him last in the NEC bugged out arena in november&he was amazing...hes different everytime I see him tho,hes been playing electro mainly recently which I woudnt be mad into.

Tony
04-02-2004, 05:20 PM
hes been playing electro mainly recently which I woudnt be mad into.
yeah, its not even booting fuct up electro, its usually very tight trouser wearing germanic synthy techno/electro which is a bit limp and lifeless. what happened to the days when he was breaking proper electro records out to the techno massive and showing everyone that techno and electro where similair in headspace?

Numeric
05-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Did anyone bother to tune in?

I listened to about the first half hour...

Dave take note...

Rule.1 in the Techno Mix Handbook...

Cheesy camp vocal samples are not required...

Actualy, some of the tunes were alright, feelin the minimal bleepy stuff....

mrbenn
05-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I only caught the last 10/15 but I thought it was good. From what I heard his mixing was good & I liked the tunes he played.

Although I didnt hear the rest of his mix so I could'nt say what the whole mix was like

killarava2day
05-02-2004, 10:25 AM
last time i saw him he was stoping n starting records, wasnt even mixing them. also played some so called electro. but was just shit disco pop. and his has a serious lack of enegry in his sets
seems to impress people with his toys tho.

Like can you succesfully mix electro though, really? The only times I've plyed with it I've just found it teedious and rather boring.

TechnoLaydee
05-02-2004, 11:50 AM
only caught the last 10 mins, wasnt it all live..?

schlongfingers
05-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Like can you succesfully mix electro though, really? The only times I've plyed with it I've just found it teedious and rather boring.

:roll: Same as techno - only as interesting as the tunes you're playing!! There's some excellent electro out there. Dave Clarke ain't a proponent tho.

Numeric
05-02-2004, 12:07 PM
only caught the last 10 mins, wasnt it all live..?

Yeah man, was all live...

basslinejunkie
05-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Did anyone bother to tune in?

I listened to about the first half hour...

Dave take note...

Rule.1 in the Techno Mix Handbook...

Cheesy camp vocal samples are not required...

Actualy, some of the tunes were alright, feelin the minimal bleepy stuff....

i listend 2 it an like u said sum of the tunes were quite good,apart from the cheesy un-necicary vocals.there was 1 tune in particular that the aggressor used 2 play,its on h.s the eye 95,any1 now what it is?

basslinejunkie
05-02-2004, 01:44 PM
it was the tune b4 the compass,i 4got 2 say :doh:

serox
05-02-2004, 02:02 PM
sounded terrible hadto turn it off before som1 heard me listenin to it.

sorry :nono:

when i get home ill put a link jup for a proper hard electro mix, mix perfectly by one of my m8s.

amazing electro :clap:

jonnyspeed
05-02-2004, 02:56 PM
...is a fat mediocre pop idol that should have been put down along time ago.

Numeric
05-02-2004, 04:53 PM
sounded terrible hadto turn it off before som1 heard me listenin to it.

Yeah man, i did feel quite embarrased while listening, especially with all the flooded distortion, which sounded crap and boring...

:doh:

basslinejunkie
05-02-2004, 06:58 PM
would u class what he was playin electro though serox? i wouldnt,2 b honest i dunno what style of music it was,but i wouldnt say it was electro.

278d7e64a374de26f==