PDA

View Full Version : hitler vs dubstep

davethedrummer
27-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I know there's another dubstep thread
but I didn't want this little gem to get buried amongst all the bitter rivalry

YouTube - Hitler vs. Dubstep @ Burningman 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Kuva29Yyg)

TechMouse
27-01-2010, 09:42 PM
The end makes it.

crime
29-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Bit crap if you understand german....

davethedrummer
29-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Bit crap if you understand german....

yes I can see that it might be.

crime
29-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Funny actually, was just having a conversation with Scott Robinson about this kind of thing (was in reference to the iPad Hitler youtube piece), and how if you're from an english speaking country, it's like ignorance in regard to foreign languages is kinda more respected than knowledge of them.. sad really..

DannyBlack
29-01-2010, 10:30 PM
:lol: it's funneh coz foruners talk funneh lolz.

rofl.

lmao.

eppertheleper
29-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Something about Hitler saying, "Trance let's me know that I'm an angel among the stars," just brilliant. Some times it may be a blessing to not know German.

How is the German in that scene? Did they do a good job sounding natural or is it obvious they're actors who only speak it as a second language?

crime
30-01-2010, 12:27 AM
How is the German in that scene? Did they do a good job sounding natural or is it obvious they're actors who only speak it as a second language?

Erm.. they do make films in places other than Hollywood you know.. The original is a German made film with German actors.. German isn't my first language but I would imagine that they speak German pretty good with convincing German accents considering all the actors are German..

original subtitles: YouTube - Hitler yelling with the genuine English subtitles! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxCNCDWaWyE&feature=related)

crime
30-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Some times it may be a blessing to not know German.
yeah, particuarly when in Dresden you comment on the fact that all the buildings are quite new...

eppertheleper
30-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Erm.. they do make films in places other than Hollywood you know.. The original is a German made film with German actors.. German isn't my first language but I would imagine that they speak German pretty good with convincing German accents considering all the actors are German..

original subtitles: YouTube - Hitler yelling with the genuine English subtitles! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxCNCDWaWyE&feature=related)I guess I showed my Amero-centrism there, didn't I? There's an honest explanation, though. The first time I started seeing that clip used with fake subtitles was about the same time Valkyrie came out. I've sworn off ever watching another Tom Cruise movie, but since that was the big movie out here at the time about Hitler, I assumed that's where the scene was taken from. Please excuse my ignorance. I know I need to travel more. Don't expect me to watch Tom Cruise movies, though. I won't do it :no:

Is the film worth watching in its entirety?

crime
30-01-2010, 06:52 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw it not so long ago and it was pretty good actually, definitely worth a look ;)

crime
30-01-2010, 06:56 AM
If you do want to see an american film on similar subject matter which really is kickass, Inglorious Bastards is damn awesome - and I've had German friends commenting on how the language flips from english to french to german - by a german actor playing an SS officer - really worked well - Didn't expect much as the last few tarantino flicks weren't all that, but was really pleasantly surprised...

The_Laughing_Man
30-01-2010, 10:57 AM
If we can`t laugh at the german language what can we laugh at?
All germans find hitler impression hilarious. Fact.

DannyBlack
30-01-2010, 02:13 PM
bigtime. Also, all Germans chuckle when they get their gas bill. fact.

crime
30-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Probably laugh a lot more than when you get yours...

crime
30-01-2010, 08:15 PM
If we can`t laugh at the german language what can we laugh at?
All germans find hitler impression hilarious. Fact.

yeah, you should see the reaction I get when I come goose-stepping out of arrivals at Berlin Schoenefeld - must admit that it always looked far more fitting when templehof was still open being Hitler's airport and all but definitely worth the kicking (by jackboots I might add) and the night in the cells - all germans definitely do find hitler impressions hilarious.. as I'm, sure all italians find mussolini impressions side-splitting.. now your french, they're funny buggers, as they are all frog and snail eating surrender monkeys, the dutch are all stoned, the irish are all either leprichauns or terrorists and the swedes like walking around in the nuddy all the time - jesus...

go back to reading the Sun mate :S

The_Laughing_Man
30-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Whoa there, sense of humour bypass, it ws a joke, obviously hitler jokes are no longer funny to the germans, however, any mention of the holocaust normally gets a chuckle still, in-between munching bratwurst.

crime
30-01-2010, 08:32 PM
not a sense of humour bypass- just you came out with the most predictable, tedious, boring joke about germans that was about 20 years past it's sell by date - sense of comedy bypass more like...

crime
30-01-2010, 08:35 PM
and also displayed precisely the kind of attitude to foreign languages which I find so ignorant in the UK... I hope the bloody foreigners "just shout louder" at you when they are here and don't understand you...

The_Laughing_Man
30-01-2010, 08:50 PM
It`s funny, but whenever I go to a foreign land and shout at the foreigners it never seems to help.
Last time I was in france, I wore a stripey blue and white top, a beret AND a string of onions, to fit in proper like, when I shouted at them in my best french accent "Gar sonn, I want egg and chips with no ****ing garlic you dirty surrender monkeys" They threw me out of the restaurant. Bloody french.

When I did my Herr Flick impressions in germany, they didn`t laugh at all.
I don`t understand it.

Maybe what they say in the Sun about these foreign places isn`t true?

crime
31-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Maybe what they say in the Sun about these foreign places isn`t true?

Trouble is, it's full of bloody foreigners innit :P
Best stay at home where they cook proper food, sell beer in pints & don't talk in gibberish eh?

The_Laughing_Man
31-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Trouble is, it's full of bloody foreigners innit :P
Best stay at home where they cook proper food, sell beer in pints & don't talk in gibberish eh?

They never seem to appreciate the glory of a union jack T Shirt and red DM`s.
Even when you do the nazi salute in germany. You`d think they`d appreciate it.

eppertheleper
31-01-2010, 05:50 PM
If you do want to see an american film on similar subject matter which really is kickass, Inglorious Bastards is damn awesome - and I've had German friends commenting on how the language flips from english to french to german - by a german actor playing an SS officer - really worked well - Didn't expect much as the last few tarantino flicks weren't all that, but was really pleasantly surprised...I enjoyed it too, nice revenge fantasy. I'll put Der Untergang in the queue.

278d7e64a374de26f==