PDA

View Full Version : new stanton i track 2 rs carts

romelpotter
04-02-2004, 11:02 AM
new stanton i track 2 rs carts

I just got some new ones, but they keep skipping and one of them is distorting the sound. is this normal or should i be thinking of sending them back to the shop.

i have pro 150 decks that are atmittadly 9 yrs old but should this matter, and i have been altering the counter balance on the tone arem and i think the anti skip on my deck is just there to look at ( its not connected to 'out) but they still skip and sound fuzzy. do they get any better ?can anyone help.

EmotionComplex
04-02-2004, 11:26 AM
ive not seen a pair of i-track 2's before but ive got the now discontinued i-track 1 carts and theyve been good, good tracking and pretty good sound, not incredible but an improvement on my old sk 2's i used to use

i remeber them taking a week or so to wear in nicely though, there was a bit of fuzz from them when i first got them and when the needle was taken from the record another staticy noise would appear for 2-3 seconds but it disappeard once theyve been used a little

romelpotter
04-02-2004, 11:41 AM
are these carts the best for techno ?

EmotionComplex
04-02-2004, 11:54 AM
yours is newer than mine so i dont know but id say there a good all rounder really, decent freq response and good tracking (or at least they should be)

romelpotter
04-02-2004, 12:12 PM
yea thats what i thaught, dispite the R.S. standing for Roger Sanchez :oops:

Andy__C
04-02-2004, 01:53 PM
What shaped tone-arm is on the decks mate??

I'm pretty sure the RS carts have eliptical styli.....which can sound bollocks on straight arm decks sometimes as due to the angle the needle glides through the groove.............

but like EmotionComplex says....they prob just need wearing in, (as ur tt's prob an S-shaped arm)

romelpotter
04-02-2004, 02:47 PM
yea its s-shapped.

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 05:40 PM
are these carts the best for techno ?

i use trackmaster 2 sk's and they rock my box but ortofon have just released the elektro carts which are supposedly designed for techno and hard house alike and are available for 65 each or 140 for a pair bizarrely enough.

we sell em at' massive records www.massiverecords.com

romelpotter
16-02-2004, 05:49 PM
cheers guys, they are starting to settle down now, and sound a lot punchier, but some records are unusable because they still skip. :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==