PDA

View Full Version : mac , n f/loops

Soitiz Info
05-02-2010, 03:33 PM
ok does fruity loop work in macs
n if not is there something similar to F/L that i can use

DannyBlack
05-02-2010, 04:37 PM
skip FL mate, go straight to Ableton. The more I use FL the more I realise how shite it is.

Barely Human
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
skip FL mate, go straight to Ableton. The more I use FL the more I realise how shite it is.

Would you like to back up that statement? :tongue:

DannyBlack
05-02-2010, 07:22 PM
nah :lol: I'm just getting rapidly bored with it and frustrated with the sample/looping abilities. I'm stronger with loops cutting and editing and FL seems to lack where ableton would be better.

Maybe... Agh, I dunno. I cut my teeth with FL really- just time for me to move on.

Barely Human
05-02-2010, 08:25 PM
I think the looping is something that needs to be addressed, they seam to mess with it every release but still haven't nailed it fully. In fact, I prefer how it used to be a few versions ago.

I think fruity's strength and weakness both lie at its simplicity. I think a lot of people don't really know the true power of the program. There is stuff that fruity can do with regards to side chains and automation that other programs either can't do, or take too long to set up.

I really need to spend more time sussing Ableton better than I currently have.

Anyway, Fruity Ownes - Fact :lol:

Barely Human
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Oh, and I will say Image Line need to sort thier heads out for removing the "last tweaked parameter" option from the vst options list. :angry:

DannyBlack
05-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I think the looping is something that needs to be addressed, they seam to mess with it every release but still haven't nailed it fully. In fact, I prefer how it used to be a few versions ago.

I think fruity's strength and weakness both lie at its simplicity. I think a lot of people don't really know the true power of the program. There is stuff that fruity can do with regards to side chains and automation that other programs either can't do, or take too long to set up.

I really need to spend more time sussing Ableton better than I currently have.

Anyway, Fruity Ownes - Fact :lol:

I agree. Now that I think on, Automation is something I just cannot for the life in me get my head around on FL. I prefer the automation on ableton... need to spend a bit of time looking at tut's on FL..

Barely Human
06-02-2010, 01:22 AM
To answer the original question, you can only run FL on a mac by using windows on it. Either have to dual boot it, or use something like parallels, but this will cause issues.

278d7e64a374de26f==