PDA

View Full Version : Tricks in SX

MARKEG
03-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Anyone got any cool new tricks to do in SX? Post em here!

miromiric.
04-02-2003, 11:17 PM
what did u have in mind?

did u try with midi plughin chorder? its kewl, it will play achords u set, no matter u programmed it on step sequencer or play the single notes on keyboard.

MARKEG
05-02-2003, 04:09 PM
wow that's cool! any more?!?!?!

wenna
05-02-2003, 05:31 PM
yhaaaa. use a voca;l as a snare hit by pitching it right up. and then gradually slow it down over the period of several bars until it becomes clear what is being said.

DJZeMig_L
05-02-2003, 08:10 PM
step Sequencer (as Midi Plug-in or send) 2 create weird odd step sequences... The quantiser is also very nice.

Z

Jimfish
06-02-2003, 05:14 PM
a good trick for a snare or sumfin is to whack it through that stepfilter, get it so its resonating real high and put a small reverb on it - it'll sit right on top of even the boggiest mix for some tasty ear candy

SubNet
07-02-2003, 02:28 AM
this may be an obvious question but I dont read manuals much ......

can you do realtime window resize time stretching in sx like you can in logic ? In logic you could hold crrl or something and resize the window and your midi , and now audio in 6.0 , would be timestreched to the same size as the window .

that would be cool to do

Jimfish
07-02-2003, 12:45 PM
yeah man, and its piss easy...
set the grid to beats/bars
then click on the pointer tool and select timestretch - now you can just stretch yer lil' boxes easy!
Audio is Elastic!!

Jimfish
11-02-2003, 09:01 PM
here is another little thing i justr tried

work a load of audio tracks in cubase, each with diferent eq/ fx or whatever .... say for eg. you have 8 tracks going....

now bounce the loop down and put it on a new channel....

make new loop points on the arrangement so you can work on another loop without losing the original and copy the bounced full mix loop onto every channel (with the original settings) and chop the loop up to shit so a different part is playing on only one channel at a time

eg. a bar loop & 8 channels would mean put half a beat on each channel - good for little ****ed up breakz this one....but i obviously it does depend on what fx u set up on each channel

err....so it might sound shite.....
hmmm....

did that actually make any sense??? i hope so

278d7e64a374de26f==