PDA

View Full Version : Cubase 5 problem...

fils_here
07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
right i've recently got cubase 5, but it when it comes to creating a track, i get pops and clicks coming through my monitors, i've unplugged my soundcard etc, but pops and clicks still there coming through my laptop speakers, i'm running battery 3 & on vista... ughh i know...
any tips or help??
no problems like this whilst running cubase 3.

tonyc2002
07-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a latency or wordclock (jitter) problem. Try increasing the audio buffer size in preferences. Make sure your drivers are up to date too.

rhythmtech
07-03-2010, 08:43 PM
if you have a "naughty" version of cubase 5 then its a problem with vista and a certain piece of re-written code.. so we cant help you here :tongue:

firstly if its genuine then it sounds as if your latency needs adjusting. put it up to 1024 and see what happens.

also consider using asio4all drivers instead of your soundcard drivers.

i presume you're using internal clocking unless you have an external clock? clocking isnt gonna be your issue.

it could also be a de-normalization problem with a plugin. try taking the plugins out 1 by 1 to find the culprit. after you've found it re-insert and place a dither plug in after it to combat the de-normalization.

Elvio Neto
07-03-2010, 10:19 PM
using vista? try to change to windows 7 64 bits if you can (or make a partition to install windows 7 just to test) win7 is the best microsoft operating system at the moment you will have better performance and compatibelity

i tested that "warez" version of cubase 5 with asio4all drivers on windows 7 64 bits and i dont remember having any problems

try using steinberg audio drivers too to see if it solves that problem (i dont remember the name of the drivers but i know cubase have is own audio drivers, check cubase audio options)

fils_here
08-03-2010, 03:21 PM
cheers all, i'm on vista 32 bit. i'll give them a whirl if not maybe i'll have to upgrade to windows 7.
ps barry yeh my clock is set to internal, learnt my lesson there lol.
also i still have cubase 3 on my laptop, installed cubase 5 & it automatically found my plug ins from version 3, could this be causing a problem too having them both on my laptop?

278d7e64a374de26f==