PDA

View Full Version : Set recording advice

sim
08-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help me, I'm using Audacity to record my mixes, but I'm struggling to get the settings right..

When I play the mix back, it skips like it was a CD, but this is in the original project, before it's converted to MP3. I thought I'd sorted it, then did imho a really good mix yesterday, really pleased by my track selection and mixing, but it fvcking skips all the way through!!

If anyone uses this program, any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers,

Simon.

AcidTrash
08-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm having a lot of joy on a sh*t laptop with Power Sound Editor. Freebie soundforgey thing.

Power Sound Editor Free - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/Power-Sound-Editor-Free/3000-2169_4-10819654.html)

Couldnt get audacity working right. had the same problem.

Got skips when my monitor went to sleep so I kill the powersaving when Im recording.

sim
08-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Might try the powersaving thing first, bit loath to download more software, my laptop is nearly full anyway!!

Just gutted cos I thought I'd sorted it, got the sample rate cranked up to 88200Hz and I thought that had fixed it..

Doesn't help that I'm an idiot with technology!

DarkYoung
08-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Might try the powersaving thing first, bit loath to download more software, my laptop is nearly full anyway!!

Just gutted cos I thought I'd sorted it, got the sample rate cranked up to 88200Hz and I thought that had fixed it..

isn't it typical you do a good mix and the recording ****s up!

sim
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I know!

Just bought loads of new tunes, and managed to get a nice progression, want to redo it, but it won't be as spontaneous!!

DarkYoung
08-03-2010, 08:15 PM
I know!

Just bought loads of new tunes, and managed to get a nice progression, want to redo it, but it won't be as spontaneous!!

i feel your pain!!

looking 4ward to your mix, take your time, there's no pressure!

AcidTrash
08-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Well I'm a programmer and systems architect and I have the same problems if that makes you feel better.

Download it tho. its tiny.

sim
10-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Stuck with Audacity, but modified the power settings on my laptop, upped the CPU speed and turned off power saving. The result is here:

Download Simon 09-03-10.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (http://www.sendspace.com/file/8u0v0l)

My original set was better, and twice as long, but still pretty pleased with this one!!

Tracklisting:

Pounding Grooves – 34 (Pounding Grooves)
Kektex – I Kill Everything I **** (Apex)
D.A.V.E. The Drummer – 35 (Hydraulix)
Milanel – Unravel (Hydraulix)
Los 3 Brasileros – Vivo (Eric Sneo Remix) (Masters of Disaster)
Ant & KN – Fast Lane (Cluster)
A.P. – Get Down (Hydraulix)
Dawn Patrol – Put The ****in Needle on The Record (Cluster)
Lochi – She Rides (Routemaster)
Buster Hymen & The Penetrator – Sex Packets (Subvert)
Immersion – My Name Is Acid (Routemaster)
Kektex – Control The Control Freaks (Routemaster)
Dynamo City – Somebody Or Nobody (SUF)
Lochi – Right Now (Routemaster)
Jamie Taylor – Bad Sector (Scythe Squadron)

278d7e64a374de26f==