PDA

View Full Version : Worst Songs Ever

APC
08-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Yeah. I'm gonna be negative and ask what are your worstest worstest techno tunes ever.

Mine is We Are Ravers. I just can't get over the cornyness of it. I seem to be in the minority here, especially as I quite like SUF PartyTax001.

There is a Havok tune too that I have to fast-forward if I hear it on a mix; it samples Raining Blood by Slayer. Again, I think that plenty more people love it.

For the record, I have appauling taste.

AcidTrash
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
and spelling evidently.

I think probably all of the early havoks suck balls though they are "you had to be there" records.

I think probably most of the early SUF's suck pretty hard and Hydraulix is hit and miss, never liked max/min and cluster is just too bizarre for my tastes. In fact I dont think there's a single hit every time label. I think the batrave one pisses me off most of all. Hate that tune. And north london skank.

Hell, I have a pretty big hate list when it comes to techno.
And if your talking about the b side of We are ravers, then yes. Yes indeed.

But the biggest suckfest ever is one night in hackney.

DarkYoung
08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
and spelling evidently.

:lol:pot kettle

DarkYoung
08-03-2010, 11:05 PM
And north london skank.
yeah i'd go with that one, makes me feel clinically depressed that tune.

ChubbyGibbon
08-03-2010, 11:15 PM
and spelling evidently.

I think probably all of the early havoks suck balls though they are "you had to be there" records.

I think probably most of the early SUF's suck pretty hard and Hydraulix is hit and miss, never liked max/min and cluster is just too bizarre for my tastes. In fact I dont think there's a single hit every time label. I think the batrave one pisses me off most of all. Hate that tune. And north london skank.

Hell, I have a pretty big hate list when it comes to techno.
And if your talking about the b side of We are ravers, then yes. Yes indeed.

But the biggest suckfest ever is one night in hackney.

Its a shame because One Night In Hackney had a nice beat but the vocal part is just ridiculous. I guess it works as a crowd pleaser though.
I pretty much agree with what you said about each label, but I guess theres never gonna be a label thats all big hitters. Dare I say Getafix came close though.

Anyway worst track for me is Stay Up Forever Vaults 2 (because its crap)or London Acid City (becuase its cheesy).

It does upset me somewhat do diss acid techno though.

AcidTrash
08-03-2010, 11:29 PM
:lol:pot kettle

Hey I can spell, I just can't type.

AcidTrash
08-03-2010, 11:30 PM
yeah i'd go with that one, makes me feel clinically depressed that tune.

It's a jive turkey.

Joe Pineapples
09-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I'd agree with One Night in Hackney. I hate that bit when he shouts, '15 cans of Stella!'

teknorich
09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
You've gotta love the 2nd "One night..." track tho. Electro-house-crossover -synthesis?! Ha ha!!

Best line - "He said "f*ck off ".... So I did!"

:lol:

teknorich
09-03-2010, 10:36 AM
(I actually think the Horrorist track "One night in NYC" is way overrated, and doesn't deserve all the hype it gets).

djfilthmonger
09-03-2010, 03:07 PM
I think ye are all wrong and spend way to much time giving out about music ye don't like than talking about music you do like .

Some good advice for ye all
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab277/ANNNNNNNNA_bucket/Quotes/WG1CALERAQWCAD21MTYCAPKUPIACAYH1T58.jpg

DannyBlack
09-03-2010, 03:31 PM
I agree with berger. If you don't like the song, don't listen to it. Shut the f*ck up and dance!

AcidTrash
09-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd still prefer one night in hackney on a loop all night than to listen to one celine dion track.

DannyBlack
09-03-2010, 09:35 PM
id prefer to be arse rammed by a rhino horn with a cactus sheeth than listen to celine dione.

AcidTrash
09-03-2010, 10:15 PM
id prefer to be arse rammed by a rhino horn with a cactus sheeth than listen to celine dione.

Graphic but accurate. Mind you, word has it, you like that better than techno too.

DannyBlack
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
there was a time when something like that could satisfy my gaping crevice. alas, due to the very long time that "my heart will go on" stayed at number one in the charts I fear I over did my cactus wearing rhino friend.

now all i have is beats and a bludgeoned arsehole.

DarkYoung
09-03-2010, 11:34 PM
i can't think of any bad tunes to mind, the ones that do make me cringe get ebayed straight away i can't think of a bad tune in my record bag.
and certain acid techno tunes who remind me of irrititating djs i know.

trailer trash maybe.

AcidTrash
10-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm selling this because, call me a heretic, it sucks...

Star Power X-Ray Ok Stay Up Forever on eBay (end time 16-Mar-10 23:39:01 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160412051302)

davethedrummer
10-03-2010, 03:49 AM
cool thread

benji303
10-03-2010, 08:06 AM
imo every tune tells its own story so i have no worst tracks really, theres good music in every genre

benji303
10-03-2010, 08:09 AM

Star Power X-Ray Ok Stay Up Forever on eBay (end time 16-Mar-10 23:39:01 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160412051302)

dont no why you would think that its a top tune one of the best

judas_beast
10-03-2010, 01:07 PM
the only track I'll skip over in a mix is The Goose, not that it isn't a great track, but I have just heard it too many times.

sim
10-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I agree! X-Ray OK rocks!

Personally, I have never been a fan of Route 20, F*cking Avin It Ere.. Really liked the tune underneath but the vocal did my head in!

Wish there was a dub version!

xes
10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
North London Skank is a ****ing tune and you can all lick my juicy plums :grr:

teknorich
10-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Nowt wrong with saying what tunes you don't like, as well as praising the ones that you do. Only ever being positive, and deliberately not saying negative things, is the same as having no opinion at all...

Don't be a whiner always dissing tracks and artists, but also don't be a kiss-ass, always saying how great everything is. Easy!

force
10-03-2010, 06:51 PM

LOLZ
How can you go on about the worst records ever and not mention that thing you released years ago is beyond me!!!

benji303
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
lol @ force :)

AcidTrash
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
LOLZ
How can you go on about the worst records ever and not mention that thing you released years ago is beyond me!!!

Sure, point taken, but it isn't SUF party trax 001. I think its cos I heard the xray remix first and then bought the original by mistake thinking it was that and now evey time I hear it I just think it blows goats.

And for the record, That's not the track I wanted to release. It wasn't my call. It's still a top loop though!

teknorich
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
You got a link, or can you up it somewhere for us?

APC
10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
North London Skank is a ****ing tune and you can all lick my juicy plums :grr:

The first copy I had of that I melted on a deck in the sunhine coming through my window. It was the first and only tune I have warped. I felt sick to the stomach, only left it for 5 minutes if that. Got a second copy and swapped it for Jack Me which is one of my favorite tunes of all time with a proper good B-side. I haven't been able to replace North London Skank since. Booooooooo. It's weird though as I used to play it all the time but I have played Jack Me about twice since despite loving it loads.

AcidTrash
10-03-2010, 09:28 PM
You got a link, or can you up it somewhere for us?

Which?

DarkYoung
10-03-2010, 09:33 PM
And for the record, That's not the track I wanted to release. It wasn't my call. It's still a top loop though!
the volume level on that track was ridiculously low.

doesn't someone check these things prior to a record going on vinyl?

mastering etc?

teknorich
10-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Which?

Your track mate, I'd be interested to hear it.

AcidTrash
10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
the volume level on that track was ridiculously low.

doesn't someone check these things prior to a record going on vinyl?

mastering etc?

That's what I assumed. Apparently it just went straight to press. Still a bit sore about that. It's no master class but it's a great loop to mix with on a third deck....

http://umbrellog.com/music/Peroxide.mp3

Anyhoo, lessons learned and all that. Next one will be a blinder.

AcidTrash
10-03-2010, 09:42 PM
This is the one I would have put out...

http://umbrellog.com/music/bombs%20over%20bradfordoriginal.mp3

http://umbrellog.com/music/blackout.mp3

But my production is and always has been lousy.

DarkYoung
10-03-2010, 09:48 PM
This is the one I would have put out...

http://umbrellog.com/music/bombs%20over%20bradfordoriginal.mp3

http://umbrellog.com/music/blackout.mp3

But my production is and always has been lousy.

force should help you out hes good at that kind of thing.

you and him could have your own acid techno partnership name.

'Hung Parliament'

teknorich
11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
@Acid Trash - that Peroxide tune is pretty good, cheers for the link :yup:

kev
12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Your track mate, I'd be interested to hear it.

you can here his other tracks here

p.s this aint a reply to the thread title just posting petes tunes

Peter North - Blipped Out Five - Blipped Out - Vinyl (http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=BLIP005)

Calver & Peternorth / Oli Brand - Blipped Out 4 - Blipped Out - Vinyl (http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/Info?Track=BLIP004)

People_Mover
15-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Not that my opinion matters much, but the two that I just can't get in to are Sarcoblast - Fantastico... on Route 17, mainly because the vocal sounds so tacky, and that remix of Mad Cows On Acid with the laughing cow. God how it grates. The Hackney tune I like, but tend to miss the vocal in favour of looping the stabbing synth break towards the end of the track.

Technologic
16-03-2010, 12:15 AM
cool thread

too cool for skool perhaps

Technologic
16-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Not that my opinion matters much, but the two that I just can't get in to are Sarcoblast - Fantastico... on Route 17, mainly because the vocal sounds so tacky, and that remix of Mad Cows On Acid with the laughing cow. God how it grates. The Hackney tune I like, but tend to miss the vocal in favour of looping the stabbing synth break towards the end of the track.

Everyone slates one night in hanckney now but when it was released it was massive (still is in some respects). Certainly turned a lot of heads if nothing else and sold a lot of units if i'm not mistaken *shrug*

I've got over it myself, probably because of peer pressure more than anything else.

Threads like this just hold music back and really does not do anyone any favours.

Poor form imo

DarkYoung
16-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Everyone slates one night in hanckney now but when it was released it was massive (still is in some respects). Certainly turned a lot of heads if nothing else and sold a lot of units if i'm not mistaken *shrug*

I've got over it myself, probably because of peer pressure more than anything else.

Threads like this just hold music back and really does not do anyone any favours.

Poor form imo
get over yourself, we are adults and can talk about what we want to, ty very much.

278d7e64a374de26f==