PDA

View Full Version : New Pioneer DJM 2000 mixer..!!!

miss kosmix
10-03-2010, 01:23 PM
wow! the future is here guys...check it out!!

YouTube - DJM-2000: Overview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pyTM9xg0-s)

morbid
10-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Its gonna cost 2K!!!

DVNT
10-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Meh.

Too much touch screen. Yea it looks shiny and all but OTT.

Give me a 4 channel mixer and an EFX, thank you please.

basslinejunkie
10-03-2010, 02:55 PM
wow how ****in good does that look!!!!!

morbid
10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Meh.

Give me a 4 channel mixer and an EFX, thank you please.

agreed

then give me a pair of adam A7's, some ATH m50's and a couple of bits of hardware for the rack and some change as well please

eppertheleper
10-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Meh.

Give me a 4 channel mixer and an EFX, thank you please.I'm not giving you anything. You want a 4 channel mixer? You save up and buy a 4 channel mixer!

Kids these days, want everything handed to 'em. :no:

miss kosmix
10-03-2010, 06:39 PM
missing the point i think...but ey...

forget the shiny / touchscreen / gadgety feel

think about being able to send effects onto specific frequencies and being able to control this frequency range..! priceless IMO

obviously this will be a mixer for the big budget clubs, but it implies endless possibilities for playing live (and i mean REAL live, not playing from freakin traktor..) something i'm preparing for next yr btw.... ;)

DannyBlack
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
is there a place I can put my penis in? Cause I really want to hump it!!!!!!

wrong
10-03-2010, 07:53 PM
is there a place I can put my penis in? Cause I really want to hump it!!!!!!

the headphone socket?

just joking danny :-)

Seriously tho.. its all Marketing.. same as they doing with video game consoles, everyone buys one, then they bring out the next one which is the same but with a few more little functions..
MEGADRIVE>PLAYSTATION>PLAYSTATION 3 etc
VHS > DVD> BLURAY
CASSETTE>VINYL>CD>MP3>??
DM600>DJM700>DJM800 etc..

Its just about money and hype and making people think they'll be missing something if they don't upgrade.. Cheap knob gags and novelty value.. i agree with keeping it simple.. keep the focus on the tracks you're playing.. not playing rubbish tracks and trying to veil the rubbish in a load of effects and jiggerypokery.. my 2pence and i admit , i might have written all this without even looking at the damn thing,...

miss kosmix
11-03-2010, 12:15 PM
and i admit , i might have written all this without even looking at the damn thing,...

yeah maybe you should jerome..

ritaheed
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
nah no to into it - got a djm 800 and even tho i do like it, its not the best of mixers - effects can sound cheap, the build is defo cheap with parts breaking on us - give me a rane mixer with sum fx and i would be jamming

miss kosmix
11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
yeah ok, you mean this one maybe, the new rane 68m but it's only for coded vinyl

http://www.rane.com/png/68hdr3.png

ritaheed
11-03-2010, 01:56 PM
a mean a rane empath... would love one of those

at first a thought that mixer looked the part but the price and shinny knobs puts me off

wrong
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
yeah maybe you should jerome..

I've now looked at it and it DISGUSTS me.. really.. its SO FAR from the point: playing and presenting music.. it looks like it's made for people to fiddle with and wank with cos they're not actually into the tunes they're playing and they need to have something else to do to alleviate their boredom.
YUK!!

sorry, but yeah xx

miss kosmix
11-03-2010, 02:14 PM
hi hi ok fair enough lol

tonyc2002
11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.cookinstyle.co.uk/imagevariable/sku/large/3954.jpg

Best mixer on the market!

DannyBlack
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
the headphone socket?

just joking danny :-)

:lol:

vegim
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.cookinstyle.co.uk/imagevariable/sku/large/3954.jpg

Best mixer on the market!

Is that a touch Screen?

djfilthmonger
12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
i like the mixer

tonyc2002
12-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Is that a touch Screen?

It features patented 'Whisk' technology for smooth mixing no matter what the circumstances.

vegim
12-03-2010, 12:48 PM
this DJM 2000 mixer makes me sick.
If I would see it on my gig I would run.

wtf? I mean wtf?
http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/4_leaf_dj_table.jpg

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/touchscreen-dj.jpg

oh Lord, stop this people making this things! Amen!

clubsynthetic
13-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Seriously tho.. its all Marketing.. same as they doing with video game consoles, everyone buys one, then they bring out the next one which is the same but with a few more little functions..
MEGADRIVE>PLAYSTATION>PLAYSTATION 3 etc
VHS > DVD> BLURAY
CASSETTE>VINYL>CD>MP3>??
DM600>DJM700>DJM800 etc..

Its just about money and hype and making people think they'll be missing something if they don't upgrade.. Cheap knob gags and novelty value.. i agree with keeping it simple.. keep the focus on the tracks you're playing.. not playing rubbish tracks and trying to veil the rubbish in a load of effects and jiggerypokery.. my 2pence and i admit , i might have written all this without even looking at the damn thing,...

This, kind of.

I agree with what your saying on the novelty value, but i suppose it's totally subjective. I for example, I think that the DJM 909 is the best thing since sliced bread and love the tight x fader and faders on that 2 channel mixer. The effects aren't as shiny as the 2000 but functional in my eyes (You have Effect Lock / On / Off Switches independant to each channel now on the 909) and other nice turntablist style features - Pioneer DJM-909 (http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-PIODJM909)

It does have some wanky shit like the touch screen for effects and visual x fader and fader curve as well as effect selection (which i think is actually useful in a dark place) and also 3 bands to apply effects to, but i've not really used it as much as proper decks mashup styleeness.

I suppose everyones view on demands on functionality are different, hence the different styles in mixes we are all in to.

I suppose the way i see it as, if folk are going to that much trouble to buy a 2000pound mixer for there technic or pioneer decks then why are they learning to do something with the decks as well as the mixer? Otherwise just stop wasting your time playing other peoples stuff and start playing live :D

as hendrix said "Everthing is just a gimmick"

Barely Human
14-03-2010, 02:06 AM
What I've never understood about effects is that some very tallented producer has spent time constructing and polishing his track to the best of his ability, then some Dj with **** all production skill thinks that he can improve the track by layering cheap FX over the top? Makes no sense to me.

I am all for creative effects used in interesting ways to create something new. But this is always best done live.

Anyway, give me a decent scratch mixer over that any day.

I think the main thing manufacturers need to be looking at is making a standardised interface protocol for laptops to be plugged into the mixers. This way it then becomes a personal choice which software to use and will make the transition to full digital a lot easier for Dj's.

cossinnelle
14-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I do agree with you and Wrong 100%, this is expensive crap! Buying good tunes is much more useful :)

terious
14-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Simple but bloody good..

/FF40000_300x366.jpg

terious
14-03-2010, 11:23 AM
ok how do upload pics..? lol

davethedrummer
15-03-2010, 06:25 PM
waste of time.
can't see these things becoming club standards, can you?

Technologic
15-03-2010, 07:08 PM
maybe in 20 years

teknofilth
16-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I reckon if you feel the need to add all sorts of effects to what you are playing then you need to get better tunes in the first place!!
and if you do want to play while using what is in effect(boomboom) a computer then just buy a proper computer and use that with a digital program to play out!!
for that money it has to carry my records, clean them, put them on the deck, then go get me a beer from the bar, get a few phone numbers, update my myspace, then drive me home at the end of the night!!

jon connor
18-03-2010, 02:26 PM
the richer the easier hahahahahaa fuk off you can throw it through the window for all i care who the hell has got money to throw around like that ? for fuk sake yea cool but well outta my price range oh well more toys for the yuppy wanabeez rich boy vermin...........

DannyBlack
18-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I actually quite like it. I would like to own one and see exactly what it can do and see how it can work for me. I'm not sure Id be able to concentrate enough to get the full benefit, but at least it would keep me quiet for more than 10 minutes.

JamieBall
25-03-2010, 01:43 PM
waste of time.
can't see these things becoming club standards, can you?

I hope not, it looks dumb as hell to me. Way beyond even Allen and Heath levels of retardation, and I >HATE< turning up to see them in clubs :-(

Mixers should be going BACKWARDS not FORWARDS in terms of design excess ;-)

tbh for dance music mixing I think the 800 pretty much nailed it. Plus, that's EVERYWHERE. There's a few flaws but pffft it's not meant to be a scratch mixer it's a rounded out workhorse.

I ****ing hate horses, mind, but I do like my 800. It is ok.

wrong
27-03-2010, 03:05 PM
on the 800 i can never find the bit that enables you to sample a loop then speed it up or down.. quite useful for getting out of sticky situations/tunes..

curly
27-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Ive not DJ'ed for a few years now so i might be missing the point, but for me the important aspects of a mixer are: good solid feeling faders and xfader, with no crackles, good EQ's with a center notch so they can be returned to exactly zero easily as this is how the tune is suposed to be played, and reliability this depends on how much use/abuse it's going to be getiing, ie install or is it going to be dragged around pub/clubs/fields tents/ warehouses ect.

DJ effects in my opion should be limited to loop sampling with maybe some good quality filters. Hearing some DJ putting a flanger across the mix just sounds naff to me.

Im unsure of the usefulness of multiband effects on the mixer aswell, I can see this totally destroying the spectral balance. If the person using it truly understands what they are doing with this then I feel there time would be better spent playing there own productions.

morbid
28-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Mixers should be going BACKWARDS not FORWARDS in terms of design excess ;-)

good solid feeling faders and xfader, with no crackles, good EQ's with a center notch so they can be returned to exactly zero easily as this is how the tune is suposed to be played, and reliability

ladies and gentlemen I give you....

The Vestax PCV275

http://www.djforums.com/forums/images/reviews/mixers/vestax-pcv-275.jpg

it was £300 when I bought it 10 years ago - its still available for 300 quid new for ****s sake.

sends and returns if you want to get fancy with the effects

kev
28-03-2010, 05:06 PM
ladies and gentlemen I give you....

The Vestax PCV275

http://www.djforums.com/forums/images/reviews/mixers/vestax-pcv-275.jpg

it was £300 when I bought it 10 years ago - its still available for 300 quid new for ****s sake.

sends and returns if you want to get fancy with the effects

used to love this mixer, loved the kills on it but you got used to mixing with the kills then used another mixer without kills and struggled to mix in the same kinda style.

sold it for £75 and got the djm600, kinda wish i still had it as tho

278d7e64a374de26f==