PDA

View Full Version : need advice please : ttm 56s or empath?

cossinnelle
14-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi there, I want to buy a new mixer and I don't know what to choose between rane empath and ttm 56s.
I know that ttm 56s is more dedicated to scrath (I don't scratch) but I wonder what makes the empath more focused on mixing? I don't need the third line and the ttm 56s features look as good as the empath's ones...

advice? :)

thx

DarkYoung
14-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi there, I want to buy a new mixer and I don't know what to choose between rane empath and ttm 56s.
I know that ttm 56s is more dedicated to scrath (I don't scratch) but I wonder what makes the empath more focused on mixing? I don't need the third line and the ttm 56s features look as good as the empath's ones...

advice? :)

thx

go for the one you think you friends will be most impressed with ;)

vegim
14-03-2010, 11:31 AM
how about Rane SIXTY-EIGHT ?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xKLlah_yBx0/S1D6KCAgfsI/AAAAAAAAAAM/eo1qNNQNpfg/s320/top+view+-+actual.jpg

cossinnelle
14-03-2010, 12:41 PM
go for the one you think you friends will be most impressed with ;)

I just mix at home, so the only people who will be impressed by my mixer would be me and my cat! ;)

Rane SIXTY-EIGHT : true monster! :) but rane empath costs a leg already, this one would cost me both of them... :/

DannyBlack
14-03-2010, 03:48 PM
How much are you thinking of spending on the mixer mate? I stand by the DJM series. they are all good.

cossinnelle
14-03-2010, 04:28 PM
around 600€ max good condition second hand.

DannyBlack
14-03-2010, 04:39 PM
You should check on Ebay for a DJM. I absolutely adore them.

cossinnelle
14-03-2010, 04:45 PM
ok, I'me gonna have a look :)

thanx mate.

DannyBlack
14-03-2010, 05:13 PM
no bothers! I was kind of vague in my answer but here is why I love the DJM [600].

The build quality is second to none. The sound quality is fantastic and they aren't complicated to use. It does the job and is a work horse. Great for bedroom DJing and equally as effective for club DJing. The effects are basic but just right and the over all asthetic is well... chunky and solid.

DarkYoung
14-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I just mix at home, so the only people who will be impressed by my mixer would be me and my cat! ;)

Rane SIXTY-EIGHT : true monster! :) but rane empath costs a leg already, this one would cost me both of them... :/

get the empath.

DarkYoung
14-03-2010, 06:23 PM
wonder what makes the empath more focused on mixing? I

the empath has a feature where it has auto gain control. this can be really helpful in a mix, your not having to monitor the sound levels all the time.

i mean if you are going to get a two channel mixer i would recommned this, PIONEER DJM 400K - 2 CHANNEL MIXER (LTD EDITION BLUE)- EACH (http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR329913)
but yeah if i had the cash i wud get the empath everytime.

cossinnelle
14-03-2010, 11:47 PM
thanx guys,

in all the reviews I've read about the empath, people said that the auto gain control generated too much compression and that they actualy didn't use it. In fact I havn't really understood what it was used for...

The djm serie looks nice but i don't need four buses as on the 600 and I don't really want effects as well, I'me quite old-skool, mixing properly good tracks is enough for me, so I prefer a simple 2 (or 3) buses unit but with really strong sound and precision, that's why I was going on the ranes.
Did one of you try the ttm56s?

cheers
:)

278d7e64a374de26f==