PDA

View Full Version : A drum-heavy track. Don't Mess.

Kaifeng
15-03-2010, 07:52 AM
What's up guys. here's a new tune from me, Kaifeng. A few of you will get an extra kick out of this.

YouTube - Kaifeng - Dont Mess (clip) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya932WibH7c)

ritaheed
15-03-2010, 11:41 AM
thats kool man :)

Kaifeng
15-03-2010, 06:27 PM
thanks ;- D

Kaifeng
16-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey I super appreciate that you like the tune. I got your PM but I can't send PM's until I have 30 posts. Once i've got my tracks signed, they'll be released for sale

curly
16-03-2010, 12:30 PM
nice one, good luck on the signing

eppertheleper
16-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Aww, I love Lady and the Tramp!

teknorich
16-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I really like the scratchy sounding melody, it really adds to the track. Nice work mate.

Kaifeng
16-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Aww, I love Lady and the Tramp!

BAHAH! i knew someone would get it. awesome ;- D

teknorich. thanks man!

Jants
29-03-2010, 09:30 AM
nice n dirty cool !!!

teknorich
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I know you were looking to get it signed, so did anything come up for you?

pablo_sonic_terrorist
11-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Love it man:)

Elvio Neto
15-05-2010, 10:12 PM
great work ;)

Bionic_Eye
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
great work
on this one

BloodStar
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
this is sick.

missing bit more bass, but other than that proper funky madness.

Little_Fella!
03-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Hello mate...

ummmmm well everything sounds pretty professional in the production department & these are nice tracks you got going on >>

seems like you are turning your hand to a various style range from a hard-dance perspective with say 'Earth Rations' (great build up here near the end n that shimmery electric robo edge synth is used very effectively throughout) >>

to what you have here which is more techno (fabulously chunky beats n suitable weirdness - good programming techniques - quite a head turner as you crank it) - - and along to your Kaifeng - loop 02 (( dark minimal prog house loop )) - which I like best at the mo (coz I'm tired n feelin' er.. deep perhaps :; )

Seems like you have an almost old school Hip-Hop Electro approach to your elements in this particular track... each track has your own style imprinted on it which is quite magnetic in it's approach

So yeah... fair play on the production front as you don't seem like you would need much in the way of advices n I hope you do well with your releases etc. keep up the good work... Ben :cool:

Kaifeng
08-07-2010, 12:54 PM
To date, i've contacted many labels and i've got many responses sounding like "We like this, but it's not exactly what we're looking for.", but no bites yet. I've been really busy with school, but have been working on 2 new tunes that i hope will be done and mastered by mid august.

At the moment I'm considering releasing my music on those websites for independent artists kindof like cdbaby.com, unless i find a label to take on my music soon. I've been getting a lot of people asking where they can buy my music, so I want to have an answer for them soon ;- P.

teknorich, i appreciate the email!

and thanks for the comments little fella

Little_Fella!
10-07-2010, 02:40 AM
I can see your point here... the music industry is becoming more fickle by the minute & labels seem to be very reluctant to take any chances on tunes that vere away from the mainstream expectancy - which is adifficult one to call...

At the moment your stuff has it's own identity, which is cool in maa book, but alot of artists - even the established one's - have had to change to what the crowd wants, or will buy - the crowd now dictates what the DJ plays n they get scared to play anything out of the normal expected structured format...

Anyways... bit of a blah there but you get my point - you only have to trawl thro 400 tracks at a download store to hear for yourself the sheer sameness that is going on

So... I have a couple of projects on the make - I don't run any lables I'm afraid - I'm the same as you on the school front, doing a degree n all - n if your interested in contributing some of your art to help with exposure then lemme know n I'll email you ma thoughts on the subject...

Groovy... :cool:

teknorich
20-07-2010, 02:43 PM
@ Kaifeng, good to see you on here mate :)

I'm surprised you haven't had more interest from labels for "Don't Mess", but I guess this track is quite unique, so maybe it is just too different for some labels to take a chance on. I did wonder if a couple of folks on this forum would want it for their label tbh. (Whaddya say, Oris?!)

It might be a good idea to release even just one track yourself (cdbaby etc) because then when you approach labels in future, you can show them a proven track record; that you released Track A on a particular website and sold 100 units etc. I'm sure that would improve your chances for future label releases.

aimlessaudio
30-08-2010, 07:57 AM
that is ****ing brilliant

Kaifeng
09-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Hey what's up everyone. It's been a while, but right now i'm setting up a website where i'll sell some of my tracks. should be a good. In the meantime, here's one of my newest tunes. it's definitely different than my past stuff, and has more of a mainstream'ish feel.

YouTube - Kaifeng - What You Need (HOUSE / FIDGET) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIaQnyKzDA)

278d7e64a374de26f==