PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a long shot but...

qUE
18-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Anyone know who did the vinyl pressing for Subvoice, Tokyo?

I know it was distributed over here by Victoria Music, but I assume the distributors don't do the pressing they just distribute it. But if they did press it, who would've Victoria pressed it with??

Reason for asking the question is I like the sound quality of Subvoice's pressings, they've got properly tight and definite bass. Would like to get records pressed with whoever did these :)

teknonotice
18-03-2010, 04:30 PM
phone them up?? send them a mail? sure they would respond..

qUE
19-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Okay, how do I get contact details for Hideo Sakuma or Charlie Hall??

They both seem to have no web presence, even Subvoice and Victoria Music websites are defunct :/

herman
21-03-2010, 01:14 AM
If I remember rightly most of the Subvoice stuff was cut at The exchange and pressed at MPO France the info will be in the run out grooves anyway if it was though two.

qUE
21-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Ah cool, thanks, that's heading me on the right track. I pulled out some MC Projects vinyl last night and spotted one had MPO written in the lead out, but no exchange which is weird. I got loads of vinyl with 'The Exchange by Nilz' in the lead out, I assume they must scribe notes like that into the mother plate.

Although, all the exchange pressed Techno I've got, even the later Hideo Sakuma as Zank (iirc) pressed at the exchange doesn't have anywhere near the same sort of dynamic depth as the Subvoice/MC Projects vinyl. Must've been something they did at MPO?

278d7e64a374de26f==