PDA

View Full Version : APC40 replacable crossfader

curly
21-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I have had my apc40 just over a month now, and the crossfader is playing up, if I push it all the way the the right the software shows it drifting back to the left. This has only started happening this evening.

Does anyone know of any stockists for the crossfader, that is being marketed as replacable as i can't locate one.

DannyBlack
22-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Good question mate. I will have a google for you later on mate.

curly
22-03-2010, 05:52 PM
cheers Danny, I have had a look on google but cant find anywhere.

teknofilth
22-03-2010, 10:16 PM
one month and already needs replacing?
akai should replace it for nothing !!
are they not that durable? as i am thinking about whether to get one..

Barely Human
22-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I would definitely contact the shop you bought it from and see if they will supply a replacement for free. It is up to the seller, not the manufacturer to supply goods that are -

Of satisfactory quality

Goods must meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price and all other relevant circumstances. The quality of goods includes their appearance and finish, their safety and their durability. Goods must be free from defects, even minor ones, except where these defects have been brought to your attention by the seller (perhaps the goods are being sold as 'shop-soiled'). You can also take into account whether information in advertisements about specific features of the goods is accurate. Goods must also be safe when used properly.

And

Fit for their purposes

If they want to get funny about it, state that you know your consumer rights and start quoting parts of "The Sale of Goods Act 1979", and "The Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982"

Its up to them to contact the manufacturer and arrange a replacement.

curly
23-03-2010, 06:42 AM
think I will be ringing the shop today. Thanks for the advice about what to say. I dont think that this is a common fault, as google is not bringing up any other complaints about this.

I shall let you know how i get on.

DannyBlack
23-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Couldn't find owt last night mate... lettuce know how you get on.

curly
23-03-2010, 05:39 PM
update....

I rang the shop today, and have been advised to tke it to them, and if it is something simple they will look at it there, if not they will have to return it to akai pro for repair.

I asked about suppying the user replacable crossfader, but they dont stock them, and donk know of anyone that do, but suggested i contact akai direct if i wish to follow that route.

I will be taking the unit in to the shop on saturday.

to be continued .....

BloodStar
25-03-2010, 01:38 PM
this one has been discussed on ableton.com forum.

Ableton Forum • View topic - APC40 crossfader has a mind of its own! (http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126085&hilit=+apc40+crossfader)

crossfader seems to be pretty flimsy. not using it too much on my unit. knock, knock.. thinking about moding it with some kind of ribbon control instead of crossfader... not usre i can find what fits in..

curly
25-03-2010, 07:45 PM
this one has been discussed on ableton.com forum.

Ableton Forum • View topic - APC40 crossfader has a mind of its own! (http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126085&hilit=+apc40+crossfader)

What this person describes is exactly the same as my problem, only happens when 100% to the right not 98% ect
thanks BloodStar for putting me onto this.

crossfader seems to be pretty flimsy. not using it too much on my unit. knock, knock.. thinking about moding it with some kind of ribbon control instead of crossfader... not usre i can find what fits in..

sounds intresting, let us know if you do this and how you get on, not into moding my one yet,

Dee Kuul
07-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi Curly,

Glad I found your post (and similar ones on other forums). I'm having exactly the same problem, crossfader has a mind of it's own. Unfortunately, returning the unit to the shop is easier said than done in my case as I ordered it from the U.S. Did fitting a new crossfader solve the problem? Please tell me it did otherwise I'm a bit screwed!!

Cheers,
Dee.

278d7e64a374de26f==