PDA

View Full Version : Technasia to release 'Central' album

tekara
04-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Looks like they're releasing an album in a few week's time.

You can pretty much listen to the whole album on their website

Technasia 'Central' (http://www.technasia.com/central/)

So what do you guys think? I don't mind the direction he/they are pushing.
I mean, I am still very much a big fan of their earlier stuff like Acid Storm and
remixes of John Thomas' "Undisputed Life" but I also know that those
days of techno are over and the sound as progressed.......but i also dont
mind this new sound that they are pushing.

Anyway, just a heads up.

DannyBlack
04-04-2010, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=tekara;726918] I also know that those
days of techno are over and the sound as progressed[QUOTE]

I don't think that is strictly true. In a sense yeah, things have to move on but before they do, they go full circle and I think that is what is happening at the moment. Personally I'm pulling out all my old records/buying discographies of older labels because they just sound better.

Anyway back on topic! Cheers for the heads up I will check it out :-)

teknorich
04-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I don't feel that at all. It's not techno, just smooth house music. Looks like Siegling got old...

Darkmode
04-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Yet again another of my fave Techno artists have jumped on the Minimal bandwagon which is a shame :-(

Darkmode
04-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Looks like they're releasing an album in a few week's time.

You can pretty much listen to the whole album on their website

Technasia 'Central' (http://www.technasia.com/central/)

So what do you guys think? I don't mind the direction he/they are pushing.
I mean, I am still very much a big fan of their earlier stuff like Acid Storm and
remixes of John Thomas' "Undisputed Life" but I also know that those
days of techno are over and the sound as progressed.......but i also dont
mind this new sound that they are pushing.

Anyway, just a heads up.

Those days of Techno are not over as there is still loads of Techno artists still producing good quality Techno it's a shame loads of Techno artists like Technasia have turned their backs on Techno & sold out to Minimal which has done the Techno scene more harm than good as the Techno artists who stuck to their guns by not selling out to Minimal are getting less bookings for gigs it's a sorry state of affairs!

markandrew
05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Yet again another of my fave Techno artists have jumped on the Minimal bandwagon which is a shame :-(

its more deep house/techno very simlar to joris voorns output its not minimal great to listen to as an album in the house or in a club if you don t like house of any kind then this album and direction won t be for the full on techno heads :smile: i think its good anyway

...Dave...
05-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Those days of Techno are not over as there is still loads of Techno artists still producing good quality Techno it's a shame loads of Techno artists like Technasia have turned their backs on Techno & sold out to Minimal which has done the Techno scene more harm than good as the Techno artists who stuck to their guns by not selling out to Minimal are getting less bookings for gigs it's a sorry state of affairs!

YAWNS

DannyBlack
05-04-2010, 07:36 PM
to be honest, its not too bad. its not minimal and still has all the hallmarks of technasia. very housey, but what harm.

tekara
05-04-2010, 08:44 PM
pretty much a house album which is somewhat refreshing to my ears. The bleeps and blops of today's music can get stale quickly so to listen to an album with some chord progression is something good in my opinion.

Craig_Lea
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I've had a quick flick through, and first impressions are it is quite similar to Future Mix and Popsoda, but without any of the harder more energetic tracks that litter those two albums.

It could definitely do with something a bit harder to lift it up a bit, like Hydra, Ghett-O-Freak, 2 The Floor or Acid Storm.

I hadn't even realised Amil Khan had left.
Which is even stranger, because when I seen Siegling last play out, he absolutely nailed it.
Granted, it was ages ago, but I'd still expect something a bit tougher on there.

teknorich
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Housenasia?!

:lol:

Bionic_Eye
01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
get back to acid storm etc

278d7e64a374de26f==