08-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Ooops Bet fergie was appy :lol::lol::lol:

Spacehopper
08-04-2010, 02:09 PM
''typical Germans'' to get Rafael sent off Fergie said
coz Ribery is German

C.O.Prodigy
08-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Rafael was provoked, and he made a key pass for gibson's goal. He didn't deserve the second yellow.

Will
08-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Course he did, he cheated and got what he deserved, as did United. At least they were spared playing against Messi who is just too good!

C.O.Prodigy
08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
At least they were spared playing against Messi who is just too good!

YouTube - Messi the incredible child (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2eybSPb-g&feature=player_embedded)

Richierush
09-04-2010, 12:26 AM
rafael deserved to get sent off for missin that chance that would have probably sealed it for the mancs.

I got a joke off a liverpool supporter an it went,Whats a scousers favourite past time... Robben :crackup:

Esox Lucius
10-04-2010, 08:04 AM
at least they were playing in the CL, not the mickey mouse euro comp like livershite.

Esox Lucius
10-04-2010, 08:05 AM
with a name like messi he is anything but, best player in the world now.

basslinejunkie
10-04-2010, 12:58 PM
at least they were playing in the CL, not the mickey mouse euro comp like livershite.

thought mancs only came out the woodwork after a win?? ;)

Esox Lucius
10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
im not a manc but i do have a soft spot for them, well more fergie the man is a genius, i just admire him.

basslinejunkie
11-04-2010, 05:21 PM
im not a manc but i do have a soft spot for them, well more fergie the man is a genius, i just admire him.

exactly, 90 per cent their support ' just like them'

Numeric
12-04-2010, 01:37 PM
haters :lol:

firstly, rafael was fouled in the first half, the ref got the decision wrong and he lashed out, if the ref would have got the decision right then there would have been no petulance, and no yellow card

secondly, the second yellow was soft and the bayern players definitely affected the refs decision, he wasn't going to issue a second yellow until they starting whinging, plus, ribery clearly reacted to the foul and should have received a yellow

thirdly, if rafael hadn't been sent off then i think it's safe to say that united would have easily taken care of bayern, they didn't have a clue in the first half and apart from conceding the late goal, united were sensational, especially nani and (ironically) rafael

the most frustrating aspect of the nights procedings was sir alex's reaction the rafael sending off, we needed to bring on a recognised forward to hold the ball and ease pressure on our back line, nani was never going to able to do this and the introduction of berba came too late

C.O.Prodigy
12-04-2010, 01:51 PM
firstly, rafael was fouled in the first half, the ref got the decision wrong and he lashed out, if the ref would have got the decision right then there would have been no petulance, and no yellow card

secondly, the second yellow was soft and the bayern players definitely affected the refs decision, he wasn't going to issue a second yellow until they starting whinging, plus, ribery clearly reacted to the foul and should have received a yellow

True.

thirdly, if rafael hadn't been sent off then i think it's safe to say that united would have easily taken care of bayern, they didn't have a clue in the first half and apart from conceding the late goal, united were sensational, especially nani and (ironically) rafael

True.

the most frustrating aspect of the nights procedings was sir alex's reaction the rafael sending off, we needed to bring on a recognised forward to hold the ball and ease pressure on our back line, nani was never going to able to do this and the introduction of berba came too late

True.

I also think that some other keeper, maybe a slightly shorter one like Casillas or Reina would have done better on the first bayern goal. Van der Sar was at a disadvantage with a low shot. Although saying that Olic could have gone top shelf with another keeper. It's safe to say that if the first half finished 3:0 utd would have gone through, they allowed a silly first goal.

EDIT: it's also safe to say that the second bayern goal was spectacular and is deserving of winning any football match.

Numeric
12-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I also think that some other keeper, maybe a slightly shorter one like Casillas or Reina would have done better on the first bayern goal. Van der Sar was at a disadvantage with a low shot. Although saying that Olic could have gone top shelf with another keeper. It's safe to say that if the first half finished 3:0 utd would have gone through, they allowed a silly first goal.

i don't think it's fair to criticise edwin for bayern's first, carrick should have done better, but it could also be pointed out that both of our centre backs were no where in sight when olic broke through

C.O.Prodigy
12-04-2010, 10:47 PM
i don't think it's fair to criticise edwin for bayern's first, carrick should have done better, but it could also be pointed out that both of our centre backs were no where in sight when olic broke through

Having seen the goal again I think that the passing was so quick and precise (like man utd. first goal) that the only person who had a chance of stopping it was the keeper. Maybe Hugo Lloris would have done better, maybe not.
Also I think that after Nani's celebration of the 3rd goal the whole team eased up a bit, just enough for zie germans to sneak one past.

Numeric
12-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Having seen the goal again I think that the passing was so quick and precise (like man utd. first goal) that the only person who had a chance of stopping it was the keeper. Maybe Hugo Lloris would have done better, maybe not.
Also I think that after Nani's celebration of the 3rd goal the whole team eased up a bit, just enough for zie germans to sneak one past.

aye, complacency seems to have been united's worst enemy this season, so many lazy performances

i've heard rumours that we're interested in lloris, he's class, i'd be well pleased if we sign him, edwin still has a season or two in him though if needs be

278d7e64a374de26f==