PDA

View Full Version : Novation SL25 mk2 issues

Winds
14-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Im having problems when trying to assign controls in Logic. Im trying to assign controls to the autofilter by going to Preferences --> Controller Assignments. After choosing the parameter I want to control, and the fader or knob on the keyboard I want to use, it works but not properly. When turning the knob on the keyboard it doesn't increase/decrease the parameter smoothly, instead it wont move at all but then jump from 0% to 100% in one instance.

This is frying my brain...any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

@ Jay Pace - How are you getting on with your SL MK2?

Jay Pace
15-04-2010, 12:18 AM
hi dude
I really like it, although its taken some getting used to
Mainly you have to focus on the automap software, which acts like a server between your DAW and the controller itself. You need to assign everything in automap - which control does what to what and how. If you haven't got the automap side of things set up you'll find the settings jumping about randomly.

i only really use ableton with it, but the process should be the same. Create a template, assign all the buttons and controls to things you want to control, then describe how the controller functions in automap.

Helps to think in terms of the intermediary rather than thinking that the controller directly controls your DAW.

Hope this helps, it have me headaches as well but once you get used to it, its a lot more flexible and powerful than the traditional midi controller setup.

278d7e64a374de26f==