PDA

View Full Version : Technics 1210 cleaning

icb
08-02-2004, 01:46 PM
I`ve just bought 2x Technics 1210 mk2, second hand, I think they are ok, but they are dusty and dirty as hell. Can dust cause some problems, is it necessary to clean them, and how do you do it? I`m not familiar with this, so I`m affraid not to break something. Tonearm is dirty, And I think under the platter is a lot of dust. Any advice how to clean them and with what? Thanks.

Barely Human
08-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Technics are famous for being indistructable mate, so i wouldnt worry about it! Ive seen technics in some right states, dust, beer and all sorts all over em. Ive seen em been dropped down stairs and still work fine! If you wanna clean them, i just use a bit of mr. sheen and a duster, works fine for me!

dfndr
08-02-2004, 09:35 PM
i clean my dex every 2 weeks!
with alcohol(+water) and cotton ...
they shine then....

EmotionComplex
08-02-2004, 09:56 PM
mr sheen for me too :cool: , 2 years old but they look brand new :rambo:

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 03:23 PM
you can use the two holes in the platter to pull the platter off and dust under there if you want to. make sure that you pull straight up though as you dont wanna bend your spindle. but like the guys say. no matter what the state they will still work fine and a well used set of technics looks good in any room ( well maybe not any room but most :lol: )

278d7e64a374de26f==