PDA

View Full Version : Avin it in the Liverpool or Preston?

jonnyspeed
08-02-2004, 07:19 PM
What's the best party techno nights in and around Liverpool and Preston? And is there a listing of specific nights anwhere?

Cheers!

Esox Lucius
08-02-2004, 08:25 PM
dont think there are any nights in preston techno wise, not that i know of anyway.

liverpool there is T-funkshun

www.tfunkshun.com

they had derrick may on friday night and surgeon is on next week, they always have top quality guests.

bugged out is supposed to be back soon in liverpool with luke slater, not sure if that would be your cuppa though mate?

Numeric
09-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Bugged Out = hardhouse...

:lol:

Esox Lucius
09-02-2004, 09:47 AM
nah not hard house, but BO is on the more commercial side of techno

teknorich
09-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Hard House?? Don't remember seeing Lisa Lashes play there!! Seen people like Luke Slater and Billy Nasty play at Bugged, so I wouldn't underestimate it.
Not the hardest techno known to man, but good all the same!

Numeric
09-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah man, Bugged Out is alright, just prefer a proper underground vibe to cyber kid central...

Surgeon is playing at T-Funkshun this weekend, and i'm financially broke...

:cry:

teknorich
09-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Actually, thinking about it, the last time I was at Bugged I saw Green velvet, and he ripped the place up! There is some quality techno, but at the end of the day it is a very student friendly night, so the atmosphere may not be as dark and dirty as some other clubs. Never seen any cybers there, but it is definitely more of a general "dance music" atmosphere rather than the nasty, dark vibe of say Voodoo in the past...

basslinejunkie
09-02-2004, 12:13 PM
yeah your not gonna get any stompin hard techno at bugged out,a more melow nite but quite good never the less.

djfurness
09-02-2004, 01:35 PM
bugged out lost tarck last year for me by booking dave clarke 3 months on the run.........bit of change man!!!!
he played nearly exactly the same set every time as well!!
and then he ws back 3 months later :doh:

jonnyspeed
09-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Bugged Out = hardhouse...

:lol:

WHAT IS EVERYBODIES PROBLEM WITH HARD HOUSE? I'm lost. To date hard house has produced some of the finest percussion programming I have ever heard - if you don't like it don't listen to it but please...

oh **** it I really am waiting my time, ain't I?

Esox Lucius
09-02-2004, 05:58 PM
sorry but hard house is pathetic music for kids.

romelpotter
09-02-2004, 06:03 PM
I agree. :protest: :protest: :protest: but that said it is music and people have the right to listen to it, and having said that if poeple choose to listen to it my last statement doen not mean that the listener is in face childish or have child like tendencies. ;) :lol:

jonnyspeed
09-02-2004, 06:43 PM
agreed. you've won me over. Like a bit of Brain Recording and Hazchem, tho. There is one thing worse than hard house... Psy Trance, IMHO - too much over production sounds unnatural when you are off your tits and the bass kick is too bouncy. I get very borded of feeling like I'm on a merry go round ride or sumfink.

peace.

Numeric
10-02-2004, 02:43 PM
WHAT IS EVERYBODIES PROBLEM WITH HARD HOUSE?

I actualy don't mind the more percussive, drivin hard house sound...

But when it comes to all this formuleric production and high pitched synths you can leave me out. A lot of hard house these days just sounds like happy hardcore from years ago...

subsonic
10-02-2004, 02:47 PM
will subsonica is just up the road in manchester mean techno from danny marsh davie'dee :rambo: :rambo: on the 12th of march only £3 b4 10:30
at the scu bar just off oxford rd :twisted: :evil: :rambo: :cool:

jake
12-02-2004, 01:13 AM
chicago hard house is decent. uk hard house is like hitting yourself in the head with a brick.

Numeric
12-02-2004, 09:28 AM
I remember the good old days when 'hard-house' meant deep, pumpin, edgey house music for true underground dance lovers...

Now though...

:doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==