PDA

View Full Version : old style acid techno ..or.. new style?

Esox Lucius
15-10-2002, 11:44 PM
which do you prefer?... the older style with lots of 303`s like old SUF stuff or the newer more funky vocal style like RAW or hydraulix.

MARKEG
16-10-2002, 12:10 AM
I'm really into anything by the Acid Techno crew. I find it really useful sometimes to lift your set at the end. Some people really hate the 303's and I have to say, when Acid Techno first came out I couldn't stand it cause it wasn't Woody McBride (ie Serious TECHNO acid) or 88 Acid House. But yes, I did get into it eventually and it is powerful - I think going to a London Squat party will help anyone see that! I know the Lib/DDrummer/Geez guys are just not feeling the 303 as much as they used to. So it is all going alot more driving and techno. I like it, but it's still nice to have that last 1 record in your set that's 303 acid techno.

DJPAUZE
28-11-2002, 02:39 AM
Chris liberator was the main influence of why im playing what im playing today. I heard him play at a WEMF festival in toronto about 5 years ago or 6 i cant remember. When i heard that 303 i knew that was the sound i wanted in my set. It gives me shivers to date up my spine when i hear that Santa Pod track or Warmdusher etc.

Now i live in Sao Paulo, its kind of funny because here you cant play the 303 sound too often. Only at big raves and outdoor events.

What do i prefer, hmm well because of the downfall of Infectious i havent been buying too much acid so i dont really know whats out there to be honest. Now that i have lived in Sao Paulo for 11 months i have really evolved my style to a more harder edge Glenn Wilson, The anxious style of techno.

For me the techno im playing now seems alot more intelligent then the infectious records i used to buy and until AMATO brings out some acid that can sway me the other way, im going to stick to my guns and continue to play Hard Techno.

Peace

Pauze

krakp0t
30-11-2002, 03:01 AM
as long as it has nice squelchy 303 noises and bangs.

who cares if its old or new?

saki nzyme
01-12-2002, 01:02 AM
i would have to say the new stuff, im a big lover of the raw and hydralix labels, for me dave the drummer is one of the best producers goin, i cant wait to get my hands on hydralix 16.

but sayin that you cant beat a good screamin acid tune!

jonnyspeed
19-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Just thought.. I missed this post. so... I love all of it :)

dan the acid man
19-02-2004, 07:06 PM
hehe, old post but what the hell, i really love all of it, im loving the funky new style but i still love playing screaming acid monsters aswell

slacker
19-02-2004, 08:18 PM
well, everything has its place, but I'd say 303 based stuff is a little too dull to make a whole set of. Best to mix it up, and play a bit of both I reckon.

basically, old skool stuff is fun, but obviously new stuff is a little fresher and more interesting (although this is less and less true of some stuf on raw and hydro, to an extent-getting a little formulaic at times!).

dan the acid man
19-02-2004, 08:57 PM
hydraulix is far from formulaic in my opinion

ROD
19-02-2004, 11:58 PM
303 is nice...but in some dosages....u need to know everytime u play what time u can play some 303 is your set,i really love it but i can play some funky or hard stuffs too.
cheers RODOLFO-BR

mindgame
20-02-2004, 07:48 AM
i love the 303 acid, i like teh nu skool acid as well but i find alot of it lacks substance and is 80% bass - the other sounds going on in it are to hidden in teh backround -
dont get me wrong there is plenty of great nu skool acid as well . stufff taht is full of tweaks and turns but i think a really well worked 303 track gets me moving more -
however since the 303 is taht "same sound" it really needs to be worked..i love full sets of 303 but i know most dont..and its hard to really fit more then 2 to 3 303 tracks in a live set period - most people dont dig it after that so a good combo of nu and old generally works -

i jsut dont like alot of the nu skool "hard 303 acid trance" that i hear alot of (not talking smitten/suf and th elikes) but like taht stuff that has teh same synthy bassline with 1 screaching acid line that does nuttin more then repeat the same pattern and a half over and over and over -

dave the drummer is one of my fav 303 producers though - can get fast and furious but i find i liek his more detailed slower stuff (it doesent all have to be hard and pounding at all times)

serox
20-02-2004, 12:18 PM
old SUF 303 rocks. also old mover, but thats like hard acid sound.

new stuff is not acid at all.
stay up forever and raw is not acid i think
but as mark said, techno. or london techno.

spiralx
20-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I love the older stuff, but for playing out a lot of it seems to lack oomph compared to the newer style. But I'm definitely more into the newer stuff, I love the fact that there's a far wider range of noises and I prefer the more rolling techno style than the older slightly trancier style.

But saying that there are some old tunes that are complete monsters... heard Build Up The Pressure out on Saturday night and went nuts. ****ing top tune, happy to have got it in my collection :D

BOXY
20-02-2004, 09:43 PM
i think the stuff on raw and hydralix and min max is excellent

278d7e64a374de26f==