PDA

View Full Version : some comments. please give feedback

Ritzi Lee
09-02-2004, 10:55 AM
After a couple of months on this forum i notice a couple of things.
Somehow it seems that the "techno filez" section is really quiet. I don't know...

What's wrong??

If someone opens a new topic to present a track you always see how many views there are, but the replies are really poor. Sometimes even no replies at all. But these people surely downloaded the samples to listen...

I think a lot of people have to learn and take just a little time to give a feedback, or else don't listen anything at all.

Remember there is always something new to discover when you see a name of a producer you never heared before, than a name who is already well known / famous. OK? So let's act this way please.

I assume this is a techno kinda community...
And i hate leachers by the way.

:rambo:

tekboi
09-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Totally agree! Peoples opinions are so vital in the realisation of where production or mixing is going for you. Is it on the right? Is it what people like? How can it be improved?

And if there is any other place I would like to get feedback from, and I mean anyplace, I would say BLACKOUT AUDIO, all of you guys / girls rock, the knowledge of techno here will be too hard to be broken! Lets use it then ay ;)

professor
09-02-2004, 02:18 PM
fek people opinions of your techno.

make what sound good to you. If you like it than that's really all that matters.
soon as you start molding your shit to what other people want you've either sold out or are doing it to put food on the table. Most of us ain't doing it to put food on the table.

music is exploration...creativity...expression...TECHNO is exploration, creativity and expression. how can you explore when you are focused on the masses

too much techno sounds the same anymore. we need to quite emulating and subordinating.

Stop listening to your favorite techno superstar right before you sit down in the studio to make beats. stop making music for the clubbers, and instead make it for yourself. stop wasting your creative energy.

just because I EQ and compress my kick drums doesn't mean you should. Just because i like minimal tracks doesn't mean you do. I don't like claps or rides, and you might. So a response to a posted tracks that goes...the rides and clap suck, and you track has too much feking percussion would not be very constructive.

people generally respond when they like a track...
people generally do not want to say "your sh-t is terrible, go back in the studio for a week and figure it out."

i appologize for the rant.

professor
09-02-2004, 02:20 PM
in the end, and if you do it for yourself you will be more fulfilled and people will enjoy your music because it has heart

The Overfiend
09-02-2004, 04:40 PM
in the end, and if you do it for yourself you will be more fulfilled and people will enjoy your music because it has heart :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ritzi Lee
09-02-2004, 04:53 PM
2 professor: exactly the definition of doing some techno!!
but that's not really my point.
you see, offcourse when someone finished a track he/she is satisfied about the result. if something is comparable with the sound you had in your mind, that's the ultimate underground feeling...

ok..

BUT:
Than what's the use of a forum?
it means decadent electronic music - pre-laptop portability, pre-plug-ins and net based usergroup discussions; pre technical immersification. it means music wrestled from the studio and championed primarily by the mediator-as-disc-jockey, secondarily by the record buying public.

when i post a track i really like to know what the people think about it. if they think it's shit, than that's an indication for me i made something really out of reach for the most mainstream opinions... and that's cool.

romelpotter
09-02-2004, 05:46 PM
when i post a track i really like to know what the people think about it. if they think it's shit, than that's an indication for me i made something really out of reach for the most mainstream opinions... and that's cool.[/quote

every one has a pair of ears. that entitles them to an opinion. in my case if they download my tracks or mix's, I would love them to say if they thaught it was great or shit. doesn't matter who they are, everyone's opinon is valid to me.

:lol: :lol:

dan the acid man
09-02-2004, 06:36 PM
i try and listen to as many tracks on here as i can and everytime i listen i post some feedback, even if its not my prefered style of techno you can still tell wether the production is ok or not, and if the arrangement is good.
also i think you should be honest in your feedback, its no good saying you like something if its really rubbish as the person who has written the tune will not learn from their mistakes

278d7e64a374de26f==