PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Techno

el_satan666
09-02-2004, 02:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone could point me towards some gooooood Japanese techno. I've already heard stuff from Ishii, Shufflemaster, Chester Beatty and Yamaoka but don't know where to get/find out more.

If anyone can help me with some more names or labels to look out for and if possible where to get them it'd be VERY much appreciated!

As a side note, what does everyone else think of J-Tech?

The Overfiend
09-02-2004, 02:59 PM
Hiroaki Iizuka

dcdn
09-02-2004, 04:15 PM
check releases by Fumiya Tanaka, Takkyu Ishino
They both are great turners behind the decks.
I only like tanaka's releases so far, from ishino it's not that good in my opinion.

The Overfiend
09-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Ishino is good for digital four four pumpin.

serox
09-02-2004, 04:44 PM
seen Fumiya Tanaka mix twice before. each time i had to leave the room. heard some train crashes which last over a 1 min. also every mix was in the wrong place in the record.

lazy mixing...

Electracom
09-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Check the following who have recorded for Electracom.

Hiroaki Iizuka (New release soon on Electracom)
www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Studio/9963/

Takaaki Itoh
www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~itakaaki/

Go Hiyama
www.10.ocn.ne.jp/~jhiyamag/

Damon
www.electracom.co.uk
www.moulded.co.uk

Electracom
09-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Go Hiyama link should be :

www10.ocn.ne.jp/~jhiyamag/

buster
09-02-2004, 09:16 PM
seen Fumiya Tanaka mix twice before. each time i had to leave the room. heard some train crashes which last over a 1 min. also every mix was in the wrong place in the record.

lazy mixing...

Saw Tanaka last year and his mixing was smooth and played some top records. Can't wait to see him again.

tioneb
09-02-2004, 09:34 PM
ive seen tanaka about a year ago ... 3 hours of minimal stuff with two or three electro tracks ...

nice sharp three decks mixing, but beleive me three hours of the smae minimal stuff gives you will to throw up

one
09-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Takaaki Itoh
really cool stuff
he did a remix for Patrik Skoog a while ago i think on ND.... jesus

mateo
09-02-2004, 09:58 PM
jeaHH :rambo:

dcdn
09-02-2004, 10:15 PM
i think mix wise, ken ishii has got the best skills

Spark
09-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Fumiya Tanaka & Ken Ishii!!!

Verrrry good!

Sunil
09-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Fumiya Tanaka & Ken Ishii!!!

Verrrry good!

Some of that Easy Filters stuff by Ishi is ****in brilliant. I like the mystery or low keyness attached to these guys too, there's little pretence or pseudo image about any of the Japanese i know of... just good slabs of vinyl :clap:

Boboagogo
09-02-2004, 11:37 PM
dont know much about japanese techno but anything ive heard from ken ishii has been quality, djin and production.

btw sunil, great set @ perpetual on friday, was poundin :twisted:

Sunil
09-02-2004, 11:55 PM
dont know much about japanese techno but anything ive heard from ken ishii has been quality, djin and production.

Thanks man, there's alway great intimacy about that place, I really enjoyed it. My car broke down suddenly (First time ever) on the motorway on the way up in the middle of loads of Friday rush hour traffic, wasn't even enough power in it to get it to the hard shoulder, so it turned out to be a mad day getting there in the end!

Boboagogo
10-02-2004, 12:06 AM
aye pete said bout that, u made it anyway. and yea, love the fp when it gets a crowd (normally struggles no matter whose playin :nono: ) but there was enough to make it worthwhile on friday + the techno was great, was lovin the amok shit at the end :clap:

JACKSTAR
10-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Takuya Kitani - Forwards (System 001)

Top EP.

P.

Sunil
10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
aye pete said bout that, u made it anyway. and yea, love the fp when it gets a crowd (normally struggles no matter whose playin :nono: ) but there was enough to make it worthwhile on friday + the techno was great, was lovin the amok shit at the end :clap:

hehe, it's hard to not to play Amok's records, they are always useful :twisted: . But yeah, good fun in there; with such a wicked techno night going on in Belfast I'm surprised so many people only go to Shine, it's odd?

Boboagogo
10-02-2004, 01:00 AM
it is odd. punters in belfast, for the main part, dont really seem to care about the scene yet theyre always the first to complain when there isnt any acts on. petes had bissmire and rue east/mark broom over and i doubt he got more than 100 through the doors between the 2 of them, but fair fux he still plugs away, hes got slobodan comin next month and theres a chance of wittekind comin aswell (fingers crossed for that one). things really need to pick up, and people need to realise what theyre missing, as i for one know that theres plenty of interest in the music here its just getting ppl to make the effort and to start supporting the scene before it dissapears.

JACKSTAR
10-02-2004, 01:16 AM
You should check out Chicago's DJ BAM BAM playing at PROTOCOL on Feb 27th in Belfast. This will be a rare night not to be missed at all costs.

P.

Sunil
10-02-2004, 01:23 AM
And compared to Dublin drink and admission prices are cheap. There'll always be a scene if there's someone willing to put something on and fair play to Pete as you said.. there's a lot of work and effort that he puts into the nights.

Back to Japan - really like Go Hiyama's stuff, quite minimal that builds subtly and has a nice energetic feel to it, his current one on Electracom is definitely woth checking.

Boboagogo
10-02-2004, 01:29 AM
will def not be missing that one, protocol always put on a good show and ive heard good things about bam bam, should be a great night :)

andy james
10-02-2004, 05:57 AM
akira ishihara & kagami bang it hard :twisted: !!!

Ritzi Lee
10-02-2004, 07:50 AM
I always saw Torema records as high quality Japanese techno. One of my favo labels.

The Overfiend
10-02-2004, 01:03 PM
akira ishihara & kagami bang it hard :twisted: !!!

Kagami hells yeah!

el_satan666
10-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all your help people, have a nice list now to go away with!

cheers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

massplanck
11-02-2004, 04:22 PM

Thanks man, there's alway great intimacy about that place, I really enjoyed it. My car broke down suddenly (First time ever) on the motorway on the way up in the middle of loads of Friday rush hour traffic, wasn't even enough power in it to get it to the hard shoulder, so it turned out to be a mad day getting there in the end!

Yeah. Tell me about it.

Signed.
Steve the emergency services/taxi man.

Sunil
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Yeah. Tell me about it.

Signed.
Steve the emergency services/taxi man.

Well I didn't force you?! :nono: You were the one that offered. But it was well appreciated, thanks Steve :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==